Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

Illustrated Contradictions.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Athei...sonProject.png
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:09   #2
FCoulter

It didnt work for me.

However, I would gladly refute any so called contradictions one might preset in thee Bible.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:45   #3
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

The OT and the NT are quite contradictory. Just read them, no illustrations needed.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 16:51   #4
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
The OT and the NT are quite contradictory. Just read them, no illustrations needed.
Oh really? How about some examples?
Old 02-03-2013, 17:01   #5
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
1st Commandment. Only one God. Not a father, a son and a holy spirit. You can parse that however you want but the Jews disagree. You know the folks that can actually read and write the language of the OT. Yet I'm sure you know better than they do.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43   #6
FCoulter

Quote:
1st Commandment. Only one God. Not a father, a son and a holy spirit. You can parse that however you want but the Jews disagree. You know the folks that can actually read and write the language of the OT. Yet I'm sure you know better than they do.
Well John 17 clearly shows how the God Family is one. One in thought and action, the 1st commandment does NOT say only one God in personage.

Next please.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56   #7
Vic Hays

Quote:
The Jews disagree and yet they are still waiting for the Messiah to appear that was promised to appear in the temple destroyed in 60 A D. Maybe they missed something?

Why must God appear as we expect Him rather than as He chooses?

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31   #8
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

The Bible was written by over 30 different authors in a 1500 year time span. There are going to be different viewpoints and interpretations.

The real "truth" in the Bible is found at a higher level than squabbling over the so called contradictions and picking apart individual concepts and verses.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04   #9
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The Bible was written by over 30 different authors in a 1500 year time span. There are going to be different viewpoints and interpretations.

The real "truth" in the Bible is found at a higher level than squabbling over the so called contradictions and picking apart individual concepts and verses.
Sorry but thats not true according to God. ALL scripture is inspired or God breathed.

Are you saying God would let His inspired Word to be written down wrong?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20   #10
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
There are 439 examples in the image that only you can't seem to download.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39   #11
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Careful... if you disagree with us we're going to report you for trolling. We don't like it when people disagree with us... it makes us feel like we're being oppressed and attacked.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41   #12
Glock36shooter

Maybe this will help...

Religious Issues
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47   #13
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Well John 17 clearly shows how the God Family is one. One in thought and action, the 1st commandment does NOT say only one God in personage.

Next please.
What I find funny is that your particular flavor of Christianity is a reimagining of someone else's religion. The earliest parts of the OT were invented and used as dogma for a thousand years and then John comes along as says "No no... see this is how it really went down." And you wonder why some Jews find those ideas insulting. Your John comes along and tells them that their God was really your Christ.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:49   #14
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Sorry but thats not true according to God. ALL scripture is inspired or God breathed.

So what about the Gospels that men tossed out?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:04   #15
Glock36shooter

BTW this is awesome. Thank you.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15   #16
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:

Did you even read my post?
Do you need a third grader to explain it to you?

JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40   #17
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
However, I would gladly refute any so called contradictions one might preset in thee Bible.
Here's one in particular. Luke follows Jesus's genealogy back through Nathan (son of David), but Matthew traces it back through Solomon (also son of David). So which one was it?

Quote:
the son of Melea, the son of Menna, the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan, the son of David

Luke 3:31
Quote:
and Jesse the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah’s wife,

Matthew 1:6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 02-04-2013 at 12:54..
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:51   #18
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

If it's the word of a perfect, all knowing, all powerful deity, would not that deity be able to prevent such contradictions?

I do not know if you personally subscribe to a literal interpretation of the Bible, but at the very least, such contradictions indicate that a literal 'every single word is true' interpretation cannot be the case, because if it were, there would be no such contradictions.

It being written by over 30 different authors in a 1500 year time span, with different viewpoints and interpretations is entirely consistent with what we observe. It's the 'different viewpoints and interpretations' bit that tends to indicate a work of men, and not of men divinely inspired by a deity.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson

Last edited by void *; 02-04-2013 at 12:53..
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:23   #19
scottz0369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Here's one in particular. Luke follows Jesus's genealogy back through Nathan (son of David), but Matthew traces it back through Solomon (also son of David). So which one was it?
One follows the geneology of Joseph, and the other the geneology of Mary, so both are likely accurate but stated from different perspectives.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
scottz0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:34   #20
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz0369 View Post
One follows the geneology of Joseph, and the other the geneology of Mary, so both are likely accurate but stated from different perspectives.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Luke starts with Jesus and goes up.

"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, which was the son of Matthat"

Luke 3 starts at Abraham and goes down to Jesus (skipping a bunch here) ->
".. and Eli'ud begat Ele-a'zar; and Ele-a'zar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ."

Both have Joseph right above Jesus in the genealogy. What's the justification for saying that one is Mary's genealogy and the other is Joseph's?
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote