Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:38   #1
Monotonous ONE

My First AR Build Experience

So I just wanted to share a few things that I have found while ordering parts and such for my first AR build.

Make sure you are ordering from reputable vendors. I cant stress this enough. I have ordered from PKFirearms, Rainier, Bravo Company, Palmetto State, Kesselrings, Quantico Tactical, Kentucky Gun Co., and maybe some others.

All have been atleast OK thus far. But some have been stellar. PKFirearms and Bravo Company have been unbelievably great. Not just in service, but making sure that you dont order something out of stock. PK is amazing at pulling the entire item off the page and not overselling. In this climate, this is a feature that separates the great vendors from the rest. I put it an order of 3 items at Bravo Company and had a shipping notice and tracking number in 2 hours. Awesome.

Spend your money with vendors who take care of customers. And dont support gougers. I dont care about some stupid arguement about capitalism. I dont want to hear it. It is flat out wrong for cheaperthandirt.com to sell PMAGS for $100/each.

So i dont have a whole lot yet of the items I ordered. I do have a massive amount of tracking numbers.

As of right now the build is going to be:

Aero Precision stripped upper (probably wont use)
Aero Precision stripped lower (waiting on my call from FLL)
Palmetto State Armory lower build kit in foliage green flavor. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...build-kit.html
Palmetto State Armory complete upper. (might get something different and sell this one, but ill probably just roll with it)http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html
Bravo Company gunfighter charging handle with medium latch
Magpul gen2 foliage green rear flip up sight
Magpul foliage green carbine length handguard
Gem State bolt carrier group is preordered. I took a chance on this guy and am hoping it will be all good. Sounds good. But I like to get parts that others have spoke highly of. http://www.gem-state-armory.com/m16-...oup-mp-tested/
I also ordered a rock river complete bolt just in case I have to peice together the bolt carrier group.
I have 5 30-rd pmags on order from Quantico. Gonna hope prices come down before i order moar.
3 troy battle mags in 30rd flavor on order from kentucky gun store.

I think thats about it. If people care Ill update with pics and stuff once im done.

Oh yea. the best way to get stuff is to constantly check sites and refresh over and over. and also to lurk at ar15.com in their in stock threads.

Good luck brothers
Monotonous ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39   #2
WoodenPlank
Who?

Never heard of Gem State. Bravo COmpany had their BCGs in stock for a few minutes the other day. They have raised prices recently on them due to the panic buying, but $225 for a new one is still a whole lot cheaper than $400+ on gunbroker.

Good luck with the build!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:45   #3
Monotonous ONE

hahaha

i missed my 2 and a half minute window to order the Bravo Company BCG. I did see that. But just like all the good stuff...am too slow.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:53   #4
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotonous ONE View Post
hahaha

i missed my 2 and a half minute window to order the Bravo Company BCG. I did see that. But just like all the good stuff...am too slow.

Sign back up for the email alerts (they're cleared when the product comes back in stock) and try to jump on them next time they show up.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08   #5
randyr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotonous ONE View Post
hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Sign back up for the email alerts (they're cleared when the product comes back in stock) and try to jump on them next time they show up.
Their e-mail alerts are kind of a joke. I got the BCG e-mail yesterday 3 hours after they were gone.
Luckily, someone posted it on a local gun forum and I was able to score one.
=IF DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO=

Last edited by randyr5; 02-09-2013 at 11:08..
randyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32   #6
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyr5 View Post
Their e-mail alerts are kind of a joke. I got the BCG e-mail yesterday 3 hours after they were gone.
Luckily, someone posted it on a local gun forum and I was able to score one.
I've had the same thing happen before with Primary Arms, who uses the same service BCM does for alerts. Unfortunately, emails sometimes get lost in the ether and take a while to show up. Not the fault of BCM or PA when that happens, honestly.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:18   #7
Monotonous ONE

I forgot to mention that i also ordered a 16 inch Daniel Defense barrel from Primary Arms that I dont need now.

Unless someone here recommends swapping everything from the PSA upper over to the Aero Precision upper.

Which I dont feel like doing since I dont know how and would have to have someone do it.

And yea I was told the same thing about the email alerts from BCM that they were kinda stupid..."instock threads" are better imo.

Also...Brownells had an issue recently where their computer logic royally screwed the pooch and ended up shipping items completely out of order. So guys who ordered PMAGS in january/february were getting them before guys who ordered in December.

On top of the fact that numerous sites are getting dropped by their credit processing accounts because they sell firearms or firearm related equipment. Boise Tactical and Budsgunshop(the GE budsgunshop credit card) are some examples.

This whole fiasco has wreaked havoc on everything. Im absolutely astonished that I was able to get some of the items at the times/prices that I got them. I did get hosed on some items, but the next time they came in stock they were increased. This has been consistently happening across the board.