GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:26   #41
rrrr

They need to just use metal magazines. That is a solution to all the issues.

They could streamline the frames to singlestack like the g36, where they are flush with the slides.

The metal mags would not compromise round count.

Then ditch the G30 for a real G19 full grip .45 to take its place.

Redo the G36 as a Gen4 singlestack, but with real grip and flush fit mag.
rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02   #42
Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM79 View Post
That which isn't dead requires no resurrection. But, it's nice to have another cartridge to choose from if you don't like to .40 or .357Sig, and don't do your best shooting with Glock's rendition of .45ACP. The GAP has plenty of fans here on GT. That's because the cartridge has much to offer.

When the .40S&W first came out, it was roundly criticized as the ".40 Short and Weak" (comparing it to the 10mm, from which it was derived). Early guns chambered for it had issues. But, when the FBI started using it, much of the LE market eventually followed suit. Glock's .40's have improved over Gen3 and Gen4, with a few bumps along the way. So has the ammo. But that still doesn't change the fact that it's a hard-recoiling cartridge in a lightweight gun, and it's not .45 caliber.

I'll say this - as much of an abomination as a magazine ban would be, it HAS revived discussion of the .45GAP here on GT. There's at least three active multi-day threads going on it right now. The discussion is intelligent and insightful, rather than merely a debate between haters and fans. That's only a GOOD thing for the Glock community.
I was joking about it being dead... I'm aware of the .45 GAP's merits.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:03   #43
pat701

Sure!!!! try and get the ammo for the GAP
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21   #44
CDW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat701 View Post
I could if I needed it: http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/45-gap

Price for 45 acp is comparable assuming same bullet
Old 02-11-2013, 11:58   #45
Vincent Black
Need a cup?

I have a crazy idea, let's continue to fight for our rights by putting pressure on our respective representatives and pray that a mag ban doesn't go through in the first place.

That way, we can still choose what's best for us rather than having gun control influence our decisions.

It will be a sad day for all democracy. It will be a sad day for the United States.

Last edited by Vincent Black; 02-11-2013 at 13:28..
Vincent Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 13:52   #46
wacopolumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
No G39s on Gunbroker at the moment. Been that way for the past week.
When I went looking for my first 39 a couple years ago, they were tough to find. At a local show, I looked the whole show over and only found one - an OD model. My wife bought it for me (I got a great wife!). I've got 3 Glock 39s now, a great EDC pistol. I am a GAP fan, nine total GAP guns.

I will say this though, after carrying my 39 for a while, when I pick up one of my 26s, the 26 "feels" alot smaller. Funny how the mind works.

Learning from my mistakes since 1974
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 14:19   #47
wacopolumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
No G39s on Gunbroker at the moment. Been that way for the past week.
When I went looking for my first 39 a couple years ago, they were tough to find. At a local show, I looked the whole show over and only found one - an OD model. My wife bought it for me (I got a great wife!). I've got 3 Glock 39s now, a great EDC pistol. I am a GAP fan, nine total GAP guns.

I will say this though, after carrying my 39 for a while, when I pick up one of my 26s, the 26 "feels" alot smaller. Funny how the mind works.

Old 02-11-2013, 14:52   #48
reesez

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat701 View Post
As stated before, I get 45 gap no problems. have over 1000 rds and paid 20/box. 27/box of jhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
I could if I needed it: [url]http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/45-gap[/url]

Price for 45 acp is comparable assuming same bullet
Very much so. Overall I love the 45 gap and it's a lot of fun to shoot. Doesnt cost an arm and a leg to shoot, comparable to 9mm for sure.
reesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 14:53   #49
reesez

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacopolumbo View Post

I now have an OD 38 and the wife has a black/pink 38 soon!
Old 02-11-2013, 18:12   #50
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Except if they also ban internet sales of ammo. Good luck finding GAP ammo. Common calibers are going to be tough enough to get.
Old 02-11-2013, 18:13   #51
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrr View Post

They could streamline the frames to singlestack like the g36, where they are flush with the slides.

Yes, yes and yes!
Old 02-11-2013, 18:44   #52
reesez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsurfboard View Post
Except if they also ban internet sales of ammo. Good luck finding GAP ammo. Common calibers are going to be tough enough to get.
If that happened there are 3 LGS's near me who carry it. Just a litlle bit higher.
Old 02-11-2013, 22:50   #53
AustinTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrr View Post

How does a metal mag. compromise the round count and what "issue" does it solve?

Metal mags would eat the mag. release up, in no time.

The 45 ACP will not fit in a 19 size frame, for a real G19 grip.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:25   #54
Deye76

Quote:
Yea I knew you'd surface, let' see now, I know it's been 3 or 4 years (prolly more) you've been saying the round is dead & nobody can find ammo, but it's alive and well & I got a 1000 rounds. In 2 different states walked into stores, 1st time and found it.

As for the tiny width difference in the slide, the 39 still carries like a 27 & waaay better than a 1911.

Oh, BTW in about 6 or 7 months the GAP will be 10 years old.

Last edited by Deye76; 02-12-2013 at 19:33..
Deye76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:43   #55
glockin-45

Quote:
I don't want to bash an odd ball caliber. After all it's a Glock! I think every one should have a Glock (GAP) paper weight!
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:00   #56
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deye76 View Post
Yea I knew you'd surface, let' see now, I know it's been 3 or 4 years (prolly more) you've been saying the round is dead & nobody can find ammo, but it's alive and well & I got a 1000 rounds. In 2 different states walked into stores, 1st time and found it.

As for the tiny width difference in the slide, the 39 still carries like a 27 & waaay better than a 1911.

Oh, BTW in about 6 or 7 months the GAP will be 10 years old.
I have never seen GAP ammo available locally. If internet sales are banned, yes many will find it difficult to find GAP ammo. I'm happy you have 1000 rounds, good for you!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:53   #57
reesez

Quote:
I have never seen GAP ammo available locally. If internet sales are banned, yes many will find it difficult to find GAP ammo. I'm happy you have 1000 rounds, good for you!
I assure you your local gun stores will carry it if it happened. All you have to do is inquire. Pretty simple really.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:40   #58
arthur007

GLOCK G37 Magazine .45 GAP 10 Round Factory New Polymer Black

My GLOCK G37 Magazine .45 GAP 10 Round Factory New Polymer Black. 10 rounds in the magazine. It cannot hold more as ... Let me add to the "magazine capacity" thing.... new semiauto magazines cannot be sold which hold more than 10 rounds

Caliber Corner
arthur007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19   #59
Calhoun123

I find it funny when people say a .45 acp can't fit inside a G19 sized pistol. S&W sure did a good job of doing just that with the M&P 45 compact.
Calhoun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22   #60
wacopolumbo

Quote:
Several of my local shops carry it. I know that if I asked the others, they would carry it too. All you have to do is ask. If they know they have a customer who would buy it, they will stock it. If not, they exhibit poor business sense.

Since I first started my interest in GAP, I have read on internet forums on how/why I should stay away from the caliber because it's going to go away. Well, it hasn't. I have had no problem acquiring ammo for it (over 5K rounds in the locker, I know - good for me). As a matter of fact, I have been able to get more GAP than 9mm lately.

I don't know why folks feel the need to bash a specific caliber or firearm unless they have had a very negative experience with one.

Having been in combat with Belgians who were carrying FN 5.7s and P90s, it never occurred to me to tell them "good luck finding ammo for that."

Tags
capacity, gap, magazine