SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:51   #101
OMG its Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
I tried the G.A.P. when it first came out and found it quite snappy. Kind of like a .40 S&W. I like the .45 ACP.

One the other note, I think the .45 ACP may become more popular in the case of the magazine limit. If you are limited on rounds you can carry, wouldn't you go big too? That is why I am carrying a G36. Really not for any ban. We are good here in Bama, I just like the size for CCW.

Snappy???
If anything, it's less "snappy" than ACP.

Please don't post nonsense on informitable forums like this.

I'll say this. People that actually have GAP, love it. I myself think it's great. I think ACP is great too. Just do NOT compare GAP to .40. In reality, GAP is more comparable to 9mm.
OMG its Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46   #102
gatorboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
No, the GLOCK 21 is also wider (side to side) because the magazine is wider. If you took the G17/G37 frame (or 19/38 or 26/39) and made it "deeper front to back", you'd have a full size 10 round .45 ACP. that is just as thin (side to side) as the G17.

Those that are saying you can make a thinner gun, using the metal magazine as a reason, are comparing to guns like the M&P, which happens to be 10 rounds (full size) and 8 rounds (compact).

Yep, you misread. When I said HK45, I was talking a model of gun, which is different than a USP .45.
I get it and have been saying they should have made the 20 like this for years. Unlike the 37/21 where you would lose three rds. with a redesigned 21, the 20 would still have a 15 rd. mag capacity like the 22, only longer grip front to back. Now that they're making them like they always should have (less wasted space), a redesigned 20/21 would fit my hands perfectly. The G4 22 is too small without stupid backstraps, the G4 20/21 is about perfect but in between would be perfect, for me at least.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54   #103
gatorboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Serves the purpose of annoying you. And perhaps making you sort out the short brass from the ACP pile.

That's good enough for me.

Tout all you want about ACP+P and ACP Super, (talk about the rounds you do not find at Walmart), ACP standard loads, the loads that have been to war and back for 100 years, had dead air in the case. Don't be mad because Speer/Glock engineered it out, beefed up the case and switched to small primers to produce a targeted performance product that fit in a very popular 9mm/40cal Glock frame that holds 2 more rounds than a 1911. GAP has been around about half the time you claim to have been shooting Glocks and will be around 10 years from now.

And ... if one were to use your reasoning, 1911 grips would be even more "girlie".
When the 1911 was designed, it was an improvement in capacity and reloading time and ease. People were happy with 3-4 more rds. on board with a softer shooting platform. JMB did well and I could very well be wrong to think a double stack mag was'nt considered for many reasons, neccessity being the main one.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:06   #104
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
No magazine restriction was necessary for me to think the Glock 38 is a great CC pistol.
And conversely, if someone hasn't figured out the GAP is right for them by now, a mag restriction probably isn't going to be the deciding factor.

I predict if a 10-round limit goes into effect the G30 models will increase a lot more than the GAP models.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13   #105
sgt207

Here in NY where there is a magazine ban limiting magazines to 7 rounds, the Gap makes a lot of sense. Glock 39 is on order.

Last edited by sgt207; 02-17-2013 at 10:14..
sgt207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 13:29   #106
Calhoun123

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTx View Post
Glock WAS willing to do that, remember the 21SF?

They actually have done, what you seem to want. Glock made the M21 and after all the whining, they made a M21SF (short frame). The grip was smaller.

It's beginning to sound like you want a single stack 45 ACP. It's impossible to build a high cap 45 ACP, the size of a 1911.

Goodby, I'm done.
Glock's 21 or 21SF is FAR from the the eros of a 1911. Yes, a single stack .45 acp in a glock with a 1911 size grip would be awesome. This is very doable.
Calhoun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:03   #107
SCmasterblaster

I'll bet there will be a .45ACP M1911A1 renaissance when the new assault weapon bill passes.
Old 02-17-2013, 15:58   #108
dougader

If I was restricted to 7 rounds (I won't), I'd go with a high-end 1911 like the Wilson:

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-...p#.USFgTqUqZqU

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 16:41   #109
hunter won

The Glock 39 is my most reliable sub -compact .45 caliber pistol. I find the recoil about the same as the Glock 26 with +P. With the new law in NY restricting pistols to only 7 rounds I do believe this particular pistol should sell. The law starts April 15 2013 so any semi auto pistol sold in NY needs a 7 round magazine.
hunter won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 16:55   #110
reesez

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
One more point. Any ACP can shoot GAP with or without a drop in barrel (extractor hold w/o) but no GAP will ever shoot the more popular ACP.
I could care less about popular, and NO the ACP's will not cycle the GAP, too short of a round.

Quote:
What? 45+P loads are the same but more powerful because more room in the case. Also, recoil is MORE with GAP because the slide cycle is shorter, so it's more (I hate this term) "snappy". The .40 is more "snappy" then 10mm for the same reason.
I owned an ACP pistol and I am telling you the GAP is in no way "snappier". Do you really even know what youre talking about or what people told you?

Quote:
Don't you understand? Those couple hundred GAPers are taking our boolitz!!!
UMMMMMMMMM...........

Quote:
Bang for capacity: 45ACP+P and 45Super beats GAP anyday. Smaller grips, etc. ? There are way more pistols with equal or higher capacity (7-10) than a 39 or 38. There are five pistols that blow the 39 away and about the same or a few more that spank the 38. The GAP has no merits unless you're a girly-handed Glock fan-boy. Period. I own many Glocks, been shooting them for close to 20 years but the 36 and the GAP's are crap. I'd buy (and may) a GAP as a last resort/no other ammo available type thing. It will be the first one to be put on the back burner. I have plenty of all others I own stock-piled, ability to reload and about 20,000 various cases ready to go. No thanks, GAP really is dead.
Here's the thing, I don't care about more power. The GAP has the same ballistics as ACP regular loads. I could care less about a pissing contest or DYCK measuring contest. The GAP has merits, they have already been stated. It doesnt matter what you think about the GAP round. Die hard 45 guys have bought GAP's after shooting them because they are an all around great platform. You and all the other " my dyck is bigger than yours cuz i drives a _______ and shoot a ________ can keeep your little man syndrome BS lmao. I love the ACP in a 1911 platform, I love my GAP in the double stack Glock platform. It will always be that way. Ammo is plentiful, and I have the means to buy it. All other arguments are null and void because it doesn't matter what you think. People have their preference whether it be "*****" 380 or "MACHO" 10mm. Who the hell cares?
Just the old fashioned 9mm vs 45 crap revamped. "I carry a more manly round". pfffttttttttttt
For the record my uncle was a in the Corp for 26 years, always carried a 45 ACP, and he now owns a GAP. Loves it.
reesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 20:29   #111
reesez

Also did you know the 45LC was shortened down to put a 45 in a semi auto pistol??? That is where the 45 ACP came from. So I see no difference in ACP to GAP. Seems to me the GAP naysayers should be shooting 45LC so as not to feel inadequate......
Old 02-17-2013, 21:04   #112
greenlion

I really don't understand why people who are so uninterested in the GAP cartridge bothered to click on the thread and post such lengthy insulting replies. If you don't like it, fine, move on. I personally don't have any desire to own a 357sig pistol, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone else buying one, and I certainly don't wish the caliber to disappear. Variety is the spice of life.

The GAP had bad timing at its introduction. It was introduced just before the previous magazine ban expired. If the ban had not expired at the time, it might have caught on more quickly. I have always been interested in it from a reloading perspective because it is a more efficient cartridge.
greenlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 23:47   #113
arthur007

I agree with this topic at heart. sometimes a bit too seriously
arthur007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 23:57   #114
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
I'll bet there will be a .45ACP M1911A1 renaissance when the new assault weapon bill passes.

When? There will be no AWB II for now. Bank on it. At most some sort of hokey background check for private sales which will be all but unenforceable. Besides, only an idiot would private sell a gun to a stranger nowadays w/o asking to see some sort of permit, whether it be a permit to purchase or a CCW license. That's just CYA.
Tiro Fijo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17   #115
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
When? There will be no AWB II for now. Bank on it. At most some sort of hokey background check for private sales which will be all but unenforceable. Besides, only an idiot would private sell a gun to a stranger nowadays w/o asking to see some sort of permit, whether it be a permit to purchase or a CCW license. That's just CYA.
No AWBII? Like to hear it.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:53   #116
gatorboy

"I could care less about popular, and NO the ACP's will not cycle the GAP, too short of a round."

Yes they will. Do you even know what you're talking about? Also, what's with all the references to ***** size? Weird dude, weird.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00   #117
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
No AWBII? Like to hear it.
Besides, I only have one 10round mag for my G17.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:54   #118
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
"I could care less about popular, and NO the ACP's will not cycle the GAP, too short of a round."
You can put a .40 barrel in a 10mm and it will work just fine. Why wouldn't a GAP wouldn't feed in a .45 ACP?
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:02   #119
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
You can put a .40 barrel in a 10mm and it will work just fine. Why wouldn't a GAP wouldn't feed in a .45 ACP?
Maybe it's a headspace issue . . . .
Old 02-19-2013, 12:02   #120
reesez

Quote:

Yes they will. Do you even know what you're talking about? Also, what's with all the references to ***** size? Weird dude, weird.
Actually they won't, they jam 90% of the time if not more. You should do some research. Or hell try it out and post a vid. It's safe trust me. My references were to your unrealistic claims, and the ignorant comments you made. IE;
Quote:
Bang for capacity: 45ACP+P and 45Super beats GAP anyday. UMMMM NO. Smaller grips, etc. ? There are way more pistols with equal or higher capacity (7-10) than a 39 or 38.Who cares? There are five pistols that blow the 39 away and about the same or a few more that spank the 38.How so, and links? The GAP has no merits unless you're a girly-handed Glock fan-boy. Period. I own many Glocks, been shooting them for close to 20 years but the 36 and the GAP's are crap.Opinion I'd buy (and may) a GAP as a last resort/no other ammo available type thing. It will be the first one to be put on the back burner. I have plenty of all others I own stock-piled, ability to reload and about 20,000 various cases ready to go. No thanks, GAP really is dead.opinon and nothing else
Girly handed Glock fan boy????? WTF does that even mean? Sounds like a tout referring to you being more manly? I dunno. All I know is the G19 frame fits my hand, the 45 GAP is already a 45+p load that has same or better ballistics than 45 ACP, and you have no proof to any of your speculative claims. I have or can disprove everything you have said that isnt strictly opinion. I dont need the fastest, biggest, most popular thing out there. I chose something that fits me. You wanna judge people on your own meritless opinion, fine. Trolling isn't the answer.

You can ride the 45 ACP superiority train as much as you want, but remember that 45 long colt was there first. And when ACP came about all the macho men said the same crap your touting.

Last edited by reesez; 02-19-2013 at 12:04..
Old 02-19-2013, 12:17   #121
reesez

Quote:
Its a headspace issue and the length is shorter, causes jams, and there were a couple cases of ejector breaking for some reason. Google it.

Quote:
Here's my experience....A couple years ago I sold a new,never fired HK USP Expert in 45acp to a gentleman over at HKPRO.Right after he got it he started posting and sending me emails about how it was a jammomatic/wouldn't extract etc.We tried to diagnosis the problem the best we could with no luck.I know he was right on the verge of telling me he wanted to send it back to me when he happened to mention that he was shooting 45GAP thru it.We advised him to shoot 45acp thru his 45acp HK USP and we never heard another word from him.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30   #122
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougader View Post
If I was restricted to 7 rounds (I won't), I'd go with a high-end 1911 like the Wilson:

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-...p#.USFgTqUqZqU
RIGHT ON brother - the 1911 lives on!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55   #123
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesez View Post
Its a headspace issue and the length is shorter, causes jams, and there were a couple cases of ejector breaking for some reason. Google it.
If you had a barrel made, you could shoot both without issue in one gun.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 17:47   #124
SCmasterblaster

Thank God for a GOP-controlled HR!
Old 02-19-2013, 19:17   #125
reesez

Quote:
If you had a barrel made, you could shoot both without issue in one gun.
And a custom ejector, But why would you want to? The whole idea for the GAP was slimming down the grip. 1911 fits me fine because of the single stack. G21 doesnt because of double stack. I still shoot it, just not as comfortable. My G38 conceals better, and is best of everything I want.

Tags
capacity, gap, magazine