GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-08-2013, 16:19   #1
crowwmn

NO after market Stock Modifications for a Savage 350 12 ga!!!

About a year ago I bought a Savage 350 12 ga tactical pump shotgun, ghost ring sights/18.5" barrel. It's a beauty, was reasonably priced and it was love at first sight. I hadn't had a shotgun, or even handled one, since I was a child. The length of pull was a smidge long and I mentioned that I would need to get a child stock for it. The sales guy there at Cabella's said, 'Yeah, you could do that' ... but, as it turns out, there is NO after market for these guns! I know, my own fault for not researching it first, but, like I said ... 'reasonably priced, love at first sight'. Then, Cabella's wouldn't take it back of course because that is just how they are and it isn't like I had the conversation with the sales rep on tape. Anyway, I am 5'5". I did a class that involved all forms of shells ... buck, slugs, rifled ... by the end of the class I was using the instructor's Remington because my upper arm was BLACK from the bruising. I could not aim without having the stock off the shoulder. So, now I have this perfect little shotgun ... which is great unless I want to actually use it. It is NOT made for women. In fact, it could only be fired comfortably by someone over 6 feet. I have talked to Savage and they have NO after market anything that is of any help. My last hope will be to give it to a master gun smith I know to see if he can do anything with it, but he is not hopeful since it is a plastic stock, how it is made, etc ... do I just dump it at the gun show and get a Remington???
My question here would be ... has anyone else had this issue with Savage Arms and what did you do about it? The gun has been out over a year now. IF they were going to make some after market parts for this shotgun I am thinking they would have them available by now. I actually DO like the gun ... if I could just do something about the stock.
crowwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 18:03   #2
method

Looks like a copy of an Ithaca 37, you could see if there's any compatibility between the two. Stock sure has a lot of drop to it. You could always cut it down and refit the recoil pad; wouldn't require the services of a master gunsmith. You may have to get creative in order to get the recoil pad reattached, as in fashioning attachment points with fiberglass.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you'll never find a gun retailer that takes returns, unless something's really wrong with the gun.
method is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 18:40   #3
Kilrain
Seor Member

I have a 350 and an Ithaca 37 stock will fit as will some other parts. They did change the design a bit as it has dual action bars instead of the traditional Ithaca single bar and a disconnector, so no slam firing.

To be honest, once I disassembled, thoroughly cleaned, shot and cleaned again, I am pretty impressed for the price. Pretty nice gun overall.

Tactical Shotguns

350 left, 37 right

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 19:31   #4
deputy tom

There you go. Get a 37 stock, have a gunsmith cut it to length and install a Limbsaver pad. You will be good to go. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:04   #5
crowwmn

Thank you!!!

WOW!!! All you guys .... Method, Kilrain and Deputy Tom ... Thank You ALL so much. You are great!!! I really do love the gun. My hope is restored

I LOVE this site!!!! Next stop Ithaca shopping!

Yahooo!!!
crowwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:36   #6
deputy tom

crowwmn, keep us posted on your progress. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote