Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 16:57   #1
seattleborn

First time at the range!!!

First time at the range with my new g27 and boy was it a blast, my girlfriend came with me and shot it as well. We both cant wait to go back.

“A free people ought...to be armed”
― George Washington
:agree:
seattleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 16:59   #2
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

It is fun, exciting and empowering. Get lots of practice and above all, have fun. Stay safe.

The most significant thing to learn about guns is: keep your finger off the trigger unless you want to shoot something. Don't mean to preach, but safety first.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 17:18   #3
seattleborn

oh i understand that being safe is the most important part of shooting. Ive shot multiple rifles and shot guns but pistols is something new to me so i want to go to a pistol safety class at my range just to make sure I'm doing everything right because you can never be too safe.

― George Washington
Old 02-12-2013, 17:24   #4
FLAHOTROD

Congratulations! The G27 is a very nice pistol. I enjoy mine and find it as easy to shoot and handle as the G22. Pick up a 9mm conversion barrel and double your pistol's versatility. Best of all, you got a g/f who enjoys spending time at the range with you. Get one for her (maybe a different caliber or different size) to add to your fun times.

Florida Glocker #112, S&W #112, Ruger #112a, Rimfire #112, SNS #112
FLAHOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 17:32   #5
seattleborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAHOTROD View Post
Congratulations! The G27 is a very nice pistol. I enjoy mine and find it as easy to shoot and handle as the G22. Pick up a 9mm conversion barrel and double your pistol's versatility. Best of all, you got a g/f who enjoys spending time at the range with you. Get one for her (maybe a different caliber or different size) to add to your fun times.
Yea my gf wants me to get her a Ruger LCP and i told her i'd get her one if she wanted to get a CCP, but i also want to get a .22lr Ruger just so we could afford to go to the range more often.

― George Washington
Old 02-12-2013, 17:37   #6
FLAHOTROD

Yep. .22's (once they start to show up on shelves, again) make range time much more affordable. Have your g/f try as many different guns as she can (does the range have rental guns?) to make sure she is happy with the way it shoots. I know this sounds biased, being a Glock forum and all, but I have found Glocks shoot a little differently (better?) than those made by some other manufacturers. Better to find out what she likes and doesn't like by using rentals thn after the purchase. Good luck.

Florida Glocker #112, S&W #112, Ruger #112a, Rimfire #112, SNS #112
FLAHOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 17:41   #7
seattleborn

Yea they have rentals that we can use and they happen to have a Ruger LCP that we can use and they also have a Ruger 22/45 as well. I know how you feel with thinking Glocks are the best thats why i've been looking at the .22LR conversion kits for Glocks.

― George Washington
Old 02-12-2013, 20:18   #8
bac1023

Very cool indeed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 21:06   #9
Bruce M

Great to hear you had a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAHOTROD View Post
Yep. .22's (once they start to show up on shelves, again) make range time much more affordable. ....
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:07   #10
ADK_40GLKr

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleborn View Post
Yea they have rentals that we can use and they happen to have a Ruger LCP that we can use and they also have a Ruger 22/45 as well. I know how you feel with thinking Glocks are the best thats why i've been looking at the .22LR conversion kits for Glocks.
ISSC has an Austrian made "Glock-alike" 22LR that I purchased. A fun 22, but it's pretty finicky about ammo. They recommend CCI MiniMags.

ADK GLKr