GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43   #126
sugarcreek
Tag Team Champs
 
sugarcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ...in the neighborhood.
Posts: 954
Here is the thing...or an example.

A leftist, worth his salt, would not call a
Libertarian Republican, a "Nazi!", or a "Fascist!".


Not if in fact they BELIEVED that words matter.

Whenever I hear it I think of it as as a sort of
Proverbial Moral Equivalency. Or just plain dumb.

Best
__________________
There is a destiny that makes us brothers, none goes his way alone...
All that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own.
sugarcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58   #127
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
You didn't answer my question. In your previous post you specifically mentioned socialists, and having the morality on your side if they were killed.

Do you feel as though you would be morally justified in killing someone if they believe the U.S. should become like European socialist nations?


[/URL]
I see you missed the Cold War. I say yes, we did it once, and we should do it again, if necessary.

There are plent of socialist/communist countries in the world. Why do they all have to be that way? I know. Because socialism/communism only looks good without a free will alternative.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 02-18-2013 at 13:00..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 13:45   #128
TX OMFS
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Okay.
This is a political spectrum graph with one axis.
No, that's a line with a slope of zero that by definition has two dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
This is a political spectrum graph with two axes.
Yes it is a graph. No, it does not show a political spectrum. You have to plot at least two points to get a spectrum.

So, take your first line and put in on your graph and you get a spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
It paints a much more holistic view of one's political beliefs.
Despite my asinine nit-picking, I know this statement is the core of what you're saying.

I don't agree with your premise. I mean, using the graph, what is a libertarian leftist vs an authoritarian leftist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
So we agree, yet I didn't see you challenge certifiedfunds' lunacy at all.
Because he's funny and he is not seriously gonna walk across the street and string up Grandma and Grandpa Red. Calm down Francis.
__________________
Bad decisions make good stories.
TX OMFS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 13:47   #129
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
Despite my asinine nit-picking, I know this statement is the core of what you're saying.

I don't agree with your premise. I mean, using the graph, what is a libertarian leftist vs an authoritarian leftist?
Ghandi vs. Stalin

Political Issues


Last edited by John Rambo; 02-18-2013 at 13:48..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 14:29   #130
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Where did I say I was killing anyone?

Placing socialists and their families in re-education camps would be a reasonable first step. However that would only require maybe a 4/10 on the commie quiz.




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'm surprised, you usually standby your crazy statements. I wasn't expecting you to backpedal so quickly.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 14:32   #131
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I see you missed the Cold War. I say yes, we did it once, and we should do it again, if necessary.

There are plent of socialist/communist countries in the world. Why do they all have to be that way? I know. Because socialism/communism only looks good without a free will alternative.
I wouldn't want to live in any country where a group of people has free reign to round up and execute people that have different political views than they do. Christ, if you think that has ever been what America is about, I don't know what to tell you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 14:42   #132
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I'm surprised, you usually standby your crazy statements. I wasn't expecting you to backpedal so quickly.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'm not back pedaling from anything. I never said I was going to kill anyone but you're doing a phenomenal job trying to bait me into doing so.

If you find yourself in a re-education camp I will send you a care package


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 14:43   #133
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I wouldn't want to live in any country where a group of people has free reign to round up and execute people that have different political views than they do. Christ, if you think that has ever been what America is about, I don't know what to tell you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
But that is what socialists/communists historically do.

Very confusing trying to follow you


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 15:11   #134
TX OMFS
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Ghandi vs. Stalin

Political Issues

Based on that graph we're only disagreeing on how to apply terms. I believe you are either, using the terms from the graph, Libertarian or Authoritarian. I don't parse it out to economics or social issues. In fact, many of those issues are not purely economic or social.

"Dum-dums" like to parse out the definitions so some types of Authoritarianism seem acceptable.
__________________
Bad decisions make good stories.
TX OMFS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 15:22   #135
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
Based on that graph we're only disagreeing on how to apply terms. I believe you are either, using the terms from the graph, Libertarian or Authoritarian. I don't parse it out to economics or social issues. In fact, many of those issues are not purely economic or social.

"Dum-dums" like to parse out the definitions so some types of Authoritarianism seem acceptable.
Eeeeeee-YUP!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 15:26   #136
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


All liberal/progressive/socialist/fascist/communist philosophies require a high level of authoritarianism. Original American conservatism/libertarianism does not.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 16:53   #137
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
Based on that graph we're only disagreeing on how to apply terms. I believe you are either, using the terms from the graph, Libertarian or Authoritarian. I don't parse it out to economics or social issues. In fact, many of those issues are not purely economic or social.

"Dum-dums" like to parse out the definitions so some types of Authoritarianism seem acceptable.
You can believe whatever you want. That doesn't make it right. Its not a disagreement on terms. This is not a discussion of theory or schools of thought. There is a right or wrong here, and an X any Y axis are right. An x axis only is incomplete data and hence, wrong. Unless you're trying to say that Ghandi and Ayn Rand are the same on the political scale, as well as George Bush Jr and Joseph Stalin.

I encourage you to take that political compass test and see where you fit on both your social and economic issues.

Last edited by John Rambo; 02-18-2013 at 17:02..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:11   #138
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
All liberal/progressive/socialist/fascist/communist philosophies require a high level of authoritarianism. Original American conservatism/libertarianism does not.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Somebody is going to say it.


"Tell that to the original American blacks and women"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:32   #139
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
You can believe whatever you want. That doesn't make it right. Its not a disagreement on terms. This is not a discussion of theory or schools of thought. There is a right or wrong here, and an X any Y axis are right.
.
Actually you're completely wrong. It is 100% a discussion of theory and schools of thought.

Frankly it's laughable that you think otherwise.




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-18-2013 at 17:35..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:33   #140
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Somebody is going to say it.


"Tell that to the original American blacks and women"
No worries. Early America betrayed its own principles.

The founders enslaved Africans. Socialists enslave everyone.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-18-2013 at 17:34..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 19:11   #141
Bruce H
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: missouri
Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I wouldn't want to live in any country where a group of people has free reign to round up and execute people that have different political views than they do. Christ, if you think that has ever been what America is about, I don't know what to tell you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

When they go about the ruining the place I live in and call home because of their own short sighted stupidity, hell yes.
__________________
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 19:26   #142
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,350


Combine election day with income tax day;
no witholding allowed, so bring your completed tax return and your checkbook to the polls and pay up an entire year of income taxes before you can vote. Get arrested on the spot if you haven't paid prior years.

This might teach voters that elections have consequences which influence how much they have to pay.

Pay up before you vote!


Political Issues

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 02-18-2013 at 19:27..
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 23:17   #143
TX OMFS
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
This might teach voters that elections have consequences which influence how much they have to pay.

Pay up before you vote!
I like it.
__________________
Bad decisions make good stories.
TX OMFS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 23:22   #144
TX OMFS
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
You can believe whatever you want. That doesn't make it right. Its not a disagreement on terms. This is not a discussion of theory or schools of thought. There is a right or wrong here, and an X any Y axis are right. An x axis only is incomplete data and hence, wrong. Unless you're trying to say that Ghandi and Ayn Rand are the same on the political scale, as well as George Bush Jr and Joseph Stalin.

I encourage you to take that political compass test and see where you fit on both your social and economic issues.
I hear what you're saying but you're just wrong on the political philosophy and you're wrong about algebra.
__________________
Bad decisions make good stories.
TX OMFS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 00:09   #145
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
When they go about the ruining the place I live in and call home because of their own short sighted stupidity, hell yes.
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:44   #146
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
Who said anything about killing people they disagree with?

Someone said something about killing commies and socialists. Dead commies save lives.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-19-2013 at 05:44..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47   #147
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,705


Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
I hear what you're saying but you're just wrong on the political philosophy and you're wrong about algebra.
No, no, no, he found an online political compass test.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:13   #148
Bruce H
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: missouri
Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
Homicidal maniacs aren't into philosophy, they are into killing because they like it. Try to stay focused. We are discussing fixing what is wrong with the United States. Freeloading give me give me parasites and their treasury raiding elected scum are the points of discussion.
__________________
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:02   #149
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
Is it really worse to kill people you disagree with politically, than to kill unborn babies because it is inconvienent to have them and raise them?

Given those two choices, I say killing people who disagree with me makes more sense.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05   #150
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I wouldn't want to live in any country where a group of people has free reign to round up and execute people that have different political views than they do. Christ, if you think that has ever been what America is about, I don't know what to tell you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Do you realize that killing people because of their different political views is what every war we have been involved in, including the Civil War, was about?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:41.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,156
370 Members
786 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42