SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:01   #41
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Once again,getting ones post/s fed back ta him.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19   #42
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

First, this has nothing to do with the so called republicans war on women.
Yes, it does. It's the exact same thing. You are the equivalent of every gullible liberal that thought there was a war on women.

Quote:

If you notice, it's the southern white male that's resisting the liberal welfare state the most. It's the southern white male that resists the homofication of American society
There are more white males in the south on welfare than any other demographic in the country. Households in the south headed by white males represent the largest percentage of welfare users in the entire country. Are you even able to comprehend this simple fact?

And yes, before you point it out, I'm aware that blacks, on a per capita basis, use these programs more. I'm talking about the total number of recipients.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25   #43
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post

There are more white males in the south on welfare than any other demographic in the country. Households in the south headed by white males represent the largest percentage of welfare users in the entire country. Are you even able to comprehend this simple fact?

And yes, before you point it out, I'm aware that blacks, on a per capita basis, use these programs more. I'm talking about the total number of recipients.

It doesn't bother you that you have to ignore quanitative analysis to support your contention?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35   #44
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
It doesn't bother you that you have to ignore quanitative analysis to support your contention?
Lol. You think aggregates are irrelevant in analyzing demographics? Well, I shouldn't be surprised. Look who I'm talking to.

This idea that southern white males are resisting the welfare state is delusional. There are more of them on the teet than anyone else.

Last edited by IvanVic; 02-17-2013 at 09:38..
Old 02-17-2013, 09:39   #45
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Lol. You think aggregates are irrelevant in analyzing demographics? Well, I shouldn't be surprised. Look who I'm talking to.

This idea that southern white males are resisting the welfare state is delusional. There are more of them on the teet than anyone else.

Everytime you post, I understand more and more, how Obama got elected, not once, but twice.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:44   #46
JBnTX
Texas

Quote:

BUT, the southern white males that are NOT on welfare are the ones resisting the welfare state the most.

They're the ones constantly ridiculed and made fun of by our liberal controlled society.

They're the biggest threat to Obama's plan to put everyone on the government payroll, and that's why they're attacked the most.

Who do you think Obama was talking about when he said "bitter clingers and their guns and religion"?

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-17-2013 at 09:48..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:24   #47
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Everytime you post, I understand more and more, how Obama got elected, not once, but twice.
I assume that's your way of admitting you were wrong. After all, I think the above sentence, in one form or another, represents about 50% of your replies to my posts (or anyone's posts that you don't like).

Quote:
BUT, the southern white males that are NOT on welfare are the ones resisting the welfare state the most.
Okay, so what? You're still ignoring the fact that the welfare state is embraced, quite readily, by the demographic that you claim is the biggest resistance to it. You will do anything to rationalize this view of America you have that simply doesn't exist. It's not true, not in the slightest sense.

Quote:
They're the ones constantly ridiculed and made fun of by our liberal controlled society.

I don't disagree with you there.

Quote:

They're the biggest threat to Obama's plan to put everyone on the government payroll, and that's why they're attacked the most.
I would say that they're also the biggest threat to the republican party. Some of them, anyway. Social conservatives have the ability to do more damage to the party than anyone else. The last election was a good example. As long as you have that small minority, they are going to be paraded around by the media in an attempt to paint them as the norm.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37   #48
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

As a white, Southern male, I have to agree with Ivan on this. Even if you put aside the religious elements and focus on the pragmatic issues, this white Southern male demographic has supported big government through their unquestioning uniform and flag worship every step of the way. They support granting government unprecedented powers as long as drugs or terrorism is used as the motive. They support the Patriot Act and then wonder why a government thus empowered can enact gun control. In general, this is a group not particularly savvy in terms of pattern recognition. They are willing to sacrifice the fourth amendment and then wonder why the tenth and second are under attack. It's a group that is reliably pro-police, pro-prohibition, and pro-military adventurism in foreign policy. Then they sit around scratching their heads and looking for scapegoats as to why we have the largest and most expensive government in history.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57   #49
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
As a white, Southern male, I have to agree with Ivan on this. Even if you put aside the religious elements and focus on the pragmatic issues, this white Southern male demographic has supported big government through their unquestioning uniform and flag worship every step of the way. They support granting government unprecedented powers as long as drugs or terrorism is used as the motive. They support the Patriot Act and then wonder why a government thus empowered can enact gun control. In general, this is a group not particularly savvy in terms of pattern recognition. They are willing to sacrifice the fourth amendment and then wonder why the tenth and second are under attack. It's a group that is reliably pro-police, pro-prohibition, and pro-military adventurism in foreign policy. Then they sit around scratching their heads and looking for scapegoats as to why we have the largest and most expensive government in history.
I don't disagree with all of it, but that is a pretty broad brush you are painting with there. I think your theory centers around that population being more or less uneducated, and that is no longer the case en toto.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:42   #50
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Looks like the Democrat wealth redistribution scheme backfired.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:49   #51
JBnTX
Texas

Quote:

...There are more white males in the south on welfare than any other demographic in the country. Households in the south headed by white males represent the largest percentage of welfare users in the entire country...
Then how come all that poor white trash doesn't have the same political clout that the blacks on welfare do?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:53   #52
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57   #53
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Then how come all that poor white trash doesn't have the same political clout that the blacks on welfare do?
There wasn't a poor white trash civil rights movement in the 60's that set out to make poor white trash the pets of white liberals. There isn't a whole industry of poor white trash marketing experts who make a living keeping that going, like Jesse and Al do. Just bad public relations.

Last edited by Bren; 02-17-2013 at 11:58..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14   #54
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
I don't disagree with all of it, but that is a pretty broad brush you are painting with there. I think your theory centers around that population being more or less uneducated, and that is no longer the case en toto.
Just to clarify, I don't think the dynamic I describe has anything to do with education level. I think it's more cultural. There remains in the South a deep and rather ironic identification with the state, manifesting more overtly in 'patriotism' and the worship of 'law enforcement', and more subtly in voting patterns and the enabling of big, intrusive government. Also ironic, historically speaking, is the current widespread support of prohibition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:24   #55
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Just to clarify, I don't think the dynamic I describe has anything to do with education level. I think it's more cultural. There remains in the South a deep and rather ironic identification with the state, manifesting more overtly in 'patriotism' and the worship of 'law enforcement', and more subtly in voting patterns and the enabling of big, intrusive government. Also ironic, historically speaking, is the current widespread support of prohibition.
I understand your point. I guess it depends on what part of the South you are from. While Patriotism is a rampant theme from my family structure, moonshining was also a big part of family history going less deeply back than one might think. Worship of law enforcement and support of prohibition was really not part of the culture I grew up in (although drinking in church was widely discouraged!).
Old 02-17-2013, 16:35   #56
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I don't think you know very much about the south that didn't come from your imagination.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 16:58   #57
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Wow! Poor white trash.

Who'd a thought?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:55   #58
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Political Issues
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 18:53   #59
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Agreed. It's interesting that the states who are relatively decent on guns are also strict to harsh on dope: Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, and South Carolina.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 18:57   #60
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
Agreed. It's interesting that the states who are relatively decent on guns are also strict to harsh on dope: Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, and South Carolina.
And isn't it funny that Washington State, after "legalizing" MJ under "personal freedom" is considering some very harsh gun laws?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote