Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 13:48   #81
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What are these "social issues" and why do you think the republican party is on the wrong side of them?
There is the fly in the ointment of so many people who like to pat themselves on the back and say "I am socially liberal, but fiscally conservative"

Liberal social policies cost money, kind of in conflict with the "fiscally conservative" part of their claim. Look at the Obama care birth control issue. Sounds "socially liberal" to have birth control paid for by someone else, against their religious belief.

Look at the term "Socially Liberal". "Socially= Societal . Liberal societies are expensive, ask the Europeans.

The whole concept is flawed from the label to the product.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 13:56   #82
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
And people like you are the reason the left is winning that battle, you're just too ignorant to see it. Most Americans identify with republicans on fiscal issues, but many of those people vote on social issues.




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You really think what you and the majority of liberals are getting right now is going to be called a "win" fifty years from today?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 15:30   #83
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcreek View Post
I would say a Libertarian Republican tack would be NO funding for abortion or governmental mandates that Catholic Church Hospitals pay for contraceptive care through insurance for employees, and that parents of girls under 18 must consent to an abortion after all, children under Obamacare are defined as under 27...
Now I'm really confused?

Republicans don't want taxpayer money used for abortions and birth control, yet IvanVic rags on republicans because of their stand on social issues.

Does that mean IvanVic wants taxpayers to foot the bill?
Doesn't he claim to be libertarian?

He needs to clarify this "social issues" subject that he keeps beating up the republicans about.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 15:37   #84
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
I am curious to see this list as well. I, offhand, can't really think of any.
This is hilarious. What's our timeframe? Last 5 years? How many do you want? Is 50 enough?

More importantly, how many do I have to name before you admit how stupid your generalization was? Pick an actual number so I know I'm not wasting my time. After I submit my list, I will also request that you produce the opposite list.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by IvanVic; 02-18-2013 at 15:38..
IvanVic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 16:03   #85
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tax Funded Mental Institution
Posts: 5,144
Blog Entries: 1
Alright, another TV thread. We should start by discussing the Hee Haw broads in their short cut-offs.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 16:38   #86
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What are these "social issues" and why do you think the republican party is on the wrong side of them?
Hey genius, you just lost the most winnable election in history and now you want to know if the republicans are on the wrong side??
Why were the democrats able to use the terminology "war on women" so effectively against the republicans? Any ideas? Think "legitimate rape" and "rape babies are God's will" might have something to do with it? Do you think a long history of pushing for a ban on abortion might have something to do with it?

The days of pushing social issues at the federal level are OVER. Women don't want a bunch of old white men in their womb, in their bedroom or telling them what, if any, contraception they should take.

You guys keep pushing the same failed ideology's over and over and over and over and over and over and over and you continue to lose over and over and over and over and then you wonder why?

Your opponents are cleaning your clock's and if you want to change that, then you are going to have to change. If you want to push social issues like banning abortion or banning gay marriage, try it at the state level where these issues belong and where you might have some success.

What are your opponents doing right now on gun control? They are winning at state level because they realized that the chance of winning at a federal level is slim. They are taking what they can get where you want the whole hog. They are winning and you are losing and you will continue to lose because you fail at recognizing the pattern to your loss.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 16:54   #87
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Hey genius, you just lost the most winnable election in history and now you want to know if the republicans are on the wrong side??
Why were the democrats able to use the terminology "war on women" so effectively against the republicans? Any ideas? Think "legitimate rape" and "rape babies are God's will" might have something to do with it? Do you think a long history of pushing for a ban on abortion might have something to do with it?

The days of pushing social issues at the federal level are OVER. Women don't want a bunch of old white men in their womb, in their bedroom or telling them what, if any, contraception they should take.

You guys keep pushing the same failed ideology's over and over and over and over and over and over and over and you continue to lose over and over and over and over and then you wonder why?

Your opponents are cleaning your clock's and if you want to change that, then you are going to have to change. If you want to push social issues like banning abortion or banning gay marriage, try it at the state level where these issues belong and where you might have some success.

What are your opponents doing right now on gun control? They are winning at state level because they realized that the chance of winning at a federal level is slim. They are taking what they can get where you want the whole hog. They are winning and you are losing and you will continue to lose because you fail at recognizing the pattern to your loss.

You sound like a liberal democrat outlining what you fear the most in the republican party.

The "social issues", especially abortion, are just about all that separates republicans from democrats.

Are you saying republicans should be more like democrats?
Isn't that there's no difference between the republicans and the democrats one of your main complaints about the republican party?

If you support abortion and gay marriage, either at the state or federal level, then how can you call yourself a conservative?

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-18-2013 at 17:00..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:06   #88
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tax Funded Mental Institution
Posts: 5,144
Blog Entries: 1
Yep, pattern recognition is lost on many. Republicans are big government when it comes to social issues: smoking bans, homeschooling, gambling, occupational licensing, roadblocks, seatbelt use, helmet laws, etc. They not only are hung up on dope, some states are obsessed with alcohol (Utah and Alabama, just to name two). States are beginning to accommodate on dope, but somehow the feds know better.

Nobody wants to poke you in the rear, so quit being so insecure about homos. And good God, knock off the religious crap. Take a lesson from the man Himself. Jesus talked stern, but the choice was still up to you. You Republicans are just like the stubborn people He lectured, many of whom refused to pull that bug out of their ass.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:08   #89
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
You sound like a liberal democrat outlining what you fear the most in the republican party.

The "social issues", especially abortion, are just about all that separates republicans from democrats.

Are you saying republicans should be more like democrats?
Isn't that there's no difference between the republicans and the democrats one of your main complaints about the republican party?

If you support abortion and gay marriage, either at the state or federal level, then how can you call yourself a conservative?

..
Continue banging your head against the wall JB. You might knock some sense in there eventually but, by then, it will be too late.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:18   #90
sugarcreek
familyman
 
sugarcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ...in the neighborhood.
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Now I'm really confused?

Republicans don't want taxpayer money used for abortions and birth control, yet IvanVic rags on republicans because of their stand on social issues.

Does that mean IvanVic wants taxpayers to foot the bill?
Doesn't he claim to be libertarian?

He needs to clarify this "social issues" subject that he keeps beating up the republicans about.
Let's ask him. YO IVAN!!

Do you want taxpayers to foot the bill for birth control and have government force Catholic Hospitals to provide through their insurance, contraception coverage?

While we are at it parents should provide informed consent for a daughter under 18 to receive an abortion, RIGHT??? No? How about 16??
__________________
There is a destiny that makes us brothers, none goes his way alone...
All that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own.
sugarcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:55   #91
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

... Republicans are big government when it comes to social issues: smoking bans, homeschooling, gambling, occupational licensing, roadblocks, seatbelt use, helmet laws, etc. They not only are hung up on dope, some states are obsessed with alcohol (Utah and Alabama, just to name two). States are beginning to accommodate on dope, but somehow the feds know better....
Are you saying that republicans should reverse their positions on the social issues you mentioned, and shut up about religion?

Then what would be difference between them and the democrats?

Doesn't at least one party need to stand up for what's right?
Maybe your desire for legal dope, abortion on demand and a winner take all society has clouded your judgement?

It sounds like you guys are trying to sabotage the republican party because you know a landslide republican presidential win in 2016 is going to be the result of Obama's second term.

The third time is going to be the charm and you guys are scared, because you can kiss your legal dope and other liberal issues good-bye.

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-18-2013 at 18:00..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 18:06   #92
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,275
Political Issues

I couldn't help but think of this thread, when I came across this.

I'd say this is certainly a testament to how manhood is being minimized in our culture.

In order to "understand women" this guy is attempting to become one.

ooc

link:
http://www.today.com/moms/dude-who-w...ting-1C8384900
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 18:20   #93
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tax Funded Mental Institution
Posts: 5,144
Blog Entries: 1
My answers in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Are you saying that republicans should reverse their positions on the social issues you mentioned, and shut up about religion?
Uh, yeah, that's what I be saying.

Then what would be difference between them and the democrats?
No difference. Democrats support all the issues I mentioned.

Doesn't at least one party need to stand up for what's right?
Telling a restaurant owner how to run his business is right? Roadblocks proven to be ineffective are right?

Maybe your desire for legal dope, abortion on demand and a winner take all society has clouded your judgement?
I hate the smell of dope and am pro-life. Winner takes it all? I don't know anything about that. It was a good song by ABBA, I guess.

It sounds like you guys are trying to sabotage the republican party...
You can't sabotage a loser.

...because you know a landslide republican presidential win in 2016 is going to be the result of Obama's second term.
Landslides don't happen in American politics, not even in your wildest Reagan fantasies.

The MILLIONTH time is going to be the charm FOR BIG GOVERNENT...
Fixed it for you.

...and you guys are scared, because you can kiss your legal dope and other liberal issues good-bye.
So liberal issues include all that I mentioned, such as occupational licensing, alcohol restrictions, strict homeschooling regs, strict gambling regs, etc.? Look up Republicans states like Tennessee, Georgia, etc. because that's where these regulations are heavy.



..
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 18:39   #94
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 15,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
My answers in blue.
At least you didn't call me names.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 19:11   #95
sugarcreek
familyman
 
sugarcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ...in the neighborhood.
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
Political Issues

I couldn't help but think of this thread, when I came across this.

I'd say this is certainly a testament to how manhood is being minimized in our culture.

In order to "understand women" this guy is attempting to become one.

ooc

link:
http://www.today.com/moms/dude-who-w...ting-1C8384900
That's a sympathy suit! It is used in the Bradley natural childbirth class I went to for my first child... I looked GREAT didn't I!
__________________
There is a destiny that makes us brothers, none goes his way alone...
All that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own.
sugarcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 19:55   #96
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Are you saying that republicans should reverse their positions on the social issues you mentioned, and shut up about religion?

Then what would be difference between them and the democrats?

Doesn't at least one party need to stand up for what's right?
Maybe your desire for legal dope, abortion on demand and a winner take all society has clouded your judgement?

It sounds like you guys are trying to sabotage the republican party because you know a landslide republican presidential win in 2016 is going to be the result of Obama's second term.

The third time is going to be the charm and you guys are scared, because you can kiss your legal dope and other liberal issues good-bye.

..
Isn't that what you predicted to happen after Obama's first term?
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 21:40   #97
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcreek View Post
That's a sympathy suit! It is used in the Bradley natural childbirth class I went to for my first child... I looked GREAT didn't I!
Heh,heh,heh.......there ye go!

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 00:15   #98
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,704
This thread is way off topic from the OP. Anyway,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
If you want to push social issues like banning abortion or banning gay marriage, try it at the state level where these issues belong and where you might have some success.
Roe vs Wade made abortion federal. The only way to "ban" it is at the federal level. States can only limit it.

As for social issues, you can win elections while being socially conservative.
__________________
“Men do not differ much about what things they call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable.” - G. K. Chesterton
TX OMFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:14   #99
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcreek View Post

Do you want taxpayers to foot the bill for birth control and have government force Catholic Hospitals to provide through their insurance, contraception coverage?
No. This is not a social issue, it's a fiscal one. The social aspect of it would be the use of contraception in the first place, and people like Rick Santorum would be a prime example of what I mean when I say they need to keep their opinion to themselves if they are against the use of birth control all together.
IvanVic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:57   #100
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: You can't get here from there!
Posts: 15,359
If you are on the less popular side of any issue, so be it. It's called principles.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 693
153 Members
540 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31