Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:08   #1
maxsnafu

Olympic Arms Stops All Sales to NY LEOs

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...es-to-ny-leos/
Old 02-16-2013, 09:11   #2
evlbruce

I appreciate the sentiment, but it will not matter unless the big brands step up and follow suite.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:40   #3
JP22

Saw this on another site. If you read the article there is a link to email Sig, S&W, and Glock. I copied and pasted the letter content and added on the S&W and Glock letters that I own their firearms and factory mags and this will influence any future purchase.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/york...#axzz2KvrubcNd
JP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:48   #4
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Well, that should improve safety for the lucky cops.

I appreciate the sentiment, and actually agree. But Oly and CTD cutting sales isn't even good symbolism.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 18:36   #5
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Good for them. They want to ban guns, ban the .gov from getting them. Wonder if all makers of scary black rifles would have the guts to sign on and do the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-16-2013 at 18:36..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03   #6
vote Republican
White and nerdy

If you want to contact anyone directly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...lice#Equipment
"Officers of the New York State Police are issued the Glock 37 chambered in .45 GAP as the service pistol."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...tment#Firearms
"New NYPD officers are allowed to select one of three 9mm service pistols: the SIG P226 DAO, Smith & Wesson Model 5946, and Glock 19."

Colt
http://www.coltsmfg.com/Contact.aspx
800-962-COLT (2658)

Glock
http://us.glock.com/customer-service/contact-us
770-432-1202
They also have a contact form on that page

Sig
http://www.sigsauer.com/AboutUs/ContactUs.aspx
603-772-2302
Law Enforcement Sales
Phone: 603-418-8190
Email: publicsafetysales@sigsauer.com

Smith & Wesson:
Home page "Preserving America's Rights"
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...4_757812_image
qa@smith-wesson.com
1-800-331-0852 (USA)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27   #7
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

The first draft is always the hardest. I just sent this out to all the links above.

As a law abiding citizen, and owner of your product, I would like to ask you to take affirmative action to protect the rights of your customers, as well as your own business.

Recently, several firearms related companies have halted all sales to New York governmental entities. This list includes Olympic Arm, Larue Tactical, York Arms, and I sincerely hope that there are others. I would be very appreciative if your company was the next to publicly announce that you support the rights of your customers, and do not approve of the reprehensible actions taken

Please cancel ALL orders to government agencies and individual government employees within the state of New York.

Please give civilian citizens the option of:
1. Completing their order and shipping to a dealer of their choice outside of NY.
2. Refund their payment in full.
3. Hold their items for up to 6 months, at no charge – if they are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state.

I will support companies with my business that take this important step in securing our freedoms, as well as their own bottom line.

Signature

--Gunhaver

Old 02-17-2013, 09:37   #8
marchboom

There's safety in numbers. The other gun companies better have the foresight to see that the NY restrictions will only get worse. Stopping sales to this state will send a clear message that the governor's restriction of law abiding NY citizen's firearm rights will have consequences.
The obama administration and the democrat party...the ultimate in domestic corruption and dedicated to the destruction of the United States.
marchboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:03   #9
Gunnut 45/454

Now what would really get the NYS legistlature attention would be if the Ammo companies would stop selling to LEO's! Let them run out of ammo! Or charge them 4x the price!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 02-17-2013 at 11:59..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11   #10
Bulldog160

Yes, please ban sales to first responders and LEOs because God knows these are the people that put this ban together. Complete BS. If you want to ban agencies and such good for you but to single out an individual who is more than likely as upset by the state of affairs as anyone is wrong. In fact in most cases more upset. It DIRECTLY affects us residents of nys who happen to serve the public. BRAVO

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Bulldog160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:07   #11
Gunnut 45/454

Bulldog160
Why are they more important then the every day civilian? What makes them special?
Why shoud you be able to own,use the exact same weapons that now are illegal for the every day citizen? It's call equal protections under the the law-if it's illegal for me then it's illegal for you! Life sucks don't like itjoin the rest of us to get rid of the Unconstitutional laws passed in NYS!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 02-17-2013 at 12:08..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:55   #12
Bulldog160

Gunnut thanks for making my point.
OAs isn't stopping sales to NYS citizens. Just employees of the state. Read the article.
And as far as purchasing their products OAs are taking our 2nd Amend rights completely away when it comes to their products as they won't sell at all in ANY capacity.
This isn't nor was it intended to be a private citizen vs police thread as in why should you as an LEO be any more special. So don't make it one. But I'm sure in your everyday course of employment you ve had people threaten to kill you and your family, rape your wife children etc. AND in nys as a LEO you can be held accountable if you witness a crime(not violation) occur in your presence and don't take action.
Like I originally stated hold govt entities accountable not the people who chose to work in an honorable profession.

Old 02-17-2013, 13:02   #13
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I think the point of discontinuing sales to NYS government employees, is to make sure that there are no easy loopholes for the agencies to get around. Also, every company is made up of it's employees, same with government entities. I am a government employee also, and fully support OA's approach here. Maybe the fraternal order of police and all of the LEO unions will suddenly support rescinding the ban.

I would also support some movement on the ammo front. Maybe if all ammo suppliers will promise to pass on the full cost of any tax to the state agencies and their employees from which that tax comes from...... that might work.

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-17-2013, 13:11   #14
Gunnut 45/454

Bulldog160
That honorable profession as you so stated is to stop crime. And if the Government makes otherwise law abiding folks criminals because they wish to defend themselves from criminals then the LEO's should and must support those people-not try and carve out a special loopole to get the priviledge of owning/using the same weapons that are not legal for the everyday citizen! Since they were so adiment they are above the law passed instead of saying no we will abide by the law and you the Governemt will see why it is bad cause we are nolonger able to enforce the law cause of these restrictions.
This is the point! Therefore since they can't be truthful and work against these Unconstitutional laws they have to be held accountable. There fore the Ban on selling the same tools that the law abiding citizen is denied is the best way to show them they need to change there ways and stand for EVERYONES right to own firearms -WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS! I'm all for these bans ! Cut them completely off.
Old 02-17-2013, 15:16   #15
CAcop

It doesnt matter anyway. LE isnt exempt in NYS.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 18:13   #16
Gunnut 45/454

CAcop
Obviusly you missed the fact they change the law not to apply to LEO's! They are exempt!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...on-for-police/

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8958116
Old 02-17-2013, 19:05   #17
JP22

Cuomo stated that they want New York to set an example. Well pay the piper. Your LEO's can go back to Barney Fife six shooters and 1 bullet. Leave the cesspool while you can, let the criminals take over. I will never set foot in that state.
Old 02-17-2013, 19:24   #18
Bulldog160

GunNUT you just don't get it. I as a LEO agree 100% w you that Cuomo is an idiot and is not following the constitution as it should be followed.
However, a reg NYS Citizen CAN buy from OA but as a LEO I can't. By OAs standards. That's wrong plain and simple. You want everyone on same level but in reality you don't.
If it stays as a valid law which I don't believe it will its going to come down to discretion on the side of the officer. Lets hope they use their heads and make the right call.
I can give you some advice tho. If ever in a situation where you might be detained or questioned dont start ranting and raving like you do in your posts using capital letters and exclamation marks. That's a sure fire tried and true way of getting a new set of bracelets.

Old 02-17-2013, 19:57   #19
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Political Issues
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 20:06   #20
JP22

And this from another gun site:

Midway: No LEO Mag and Ammo Sales Where Civilian Bans Apply
Posted on February 16, 2013 by Robert Farago

TTAG reader and Registered Nurse Lance Sauer recently received this email from MidwayUSA:

Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition. Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.

On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,
Eric Ellingson
Contact Center Supervisor
MidwayUSA
NRA Endowment Member

Also:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Guns-For-You