GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 20:28   #21
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,471


Quote:
Originally Posted by JP22 View Post
And this from another gun site:

Midway: No LEO Mag and Ammo Sales Where Civilian Bans Apply
Posted on February 16, 2013 by Robert Farago

TTAG reader and Registered Nurse Lance Sauer recently received this email from MidwayUSA:

Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition. Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.

On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,
Eric Ellingson
Contact Center Supervisor
MidwayUSA
NRA Endowment Member

Also:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Guns-For-You


I think we are on to something here.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 00:36   #22
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
CAcop
Obviusly you missed the fact they change the law not to apply to LEO's! They are exempt!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...on-for-police/

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8958116
Didn't realize. I remember someone saying they would have to scrap the law to do that and it barely passed as it was. IT sounded weird but what do I know of NY politics?

Of course like I said in another thread about writing letter to other gun companies, you better stop buying their products to make them listen otherwise they will figure you out. All talk, no action.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 00:48   #23
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Who would bother with a Glock or other polymer framed handgun designed for 13-19 round flush fit mag capacity if those magazines were banned? I wouldn't even bother with my 23 and it's only 3 rounds over the 10 min. Nothing will make me a 1911 man faster than taking away my capacity advantage. I would think that Glock would have the biggest interest in keeping these laws from going into effect and would want to cut off every state that tries to pull this stunt.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:05   #24
Stang_Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog160 View Post
GunNUT you just don't get it. I as a LEO agree 100% w you that Cuomo is an idiot and is not following the constitution as it should be followed.
However, a reg NYS Citizen CAN buy from OA but as a LEO I can't. By OAs standards. That's wrong plain and simple. You want everyone on same level but in reality you don't.
If it stays as a valid law which I don't believe it will its going to come down to discretion on the side of the officer. Lets hope they use their heads and make the right call.
I can give you some advice tho. If ever in a situation where you might be detained or questioned dont start ranting and raving like you do in your posts using capital letters and exclamation marks. That's a sure fire tried and true way of getting a new set of bracelets.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
The ban effectively....bans such sales.

OA is saying- "If your citizens can't own it, we won't sell it to your officers"
__________________
1989 Mustang GT: 331, full suspension
Stang_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11   #25
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Who would bother with a Glock or other polymer framed handgun designed for 13-19 round flush fit mag capacity if those magazines were banned? I wouldn't even bother with my 23 and it's only 3 rounds over the 10 min. Nothing will make me a 1911 man faster than taking away my capacity advantage. I would think that Glock would have the biggest interest in keeping these laws from going into effect and would want to cut off every state that tries to pull this stunt.
Glocks have been selling in CA for over a decade with 10 round mags. And selling well.

Nobody seemed to care. Even those from other states who seem to care about NY now. Maybe because they now see they are next.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT

Last edited by CAcop; 02-18-2013 at 01:13..
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36   #26
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog160 View Post
GunNUT you just don't get it. I as a LEO agree 100% w you that Cuomo is an idiot and is not following the constitution as it should be followed.
However, a reg NYS Citizen CAN buy from OA but as a LEO I can't. By OAs standards. That's wrong plain and simple. You want everyone on same level but in reality you don't.
If it stays as a valid law which I don't believe it will its going to come down to discretion on the side of the officer. Lets hope they use their heads and make the right call.
I can give you some advice tho. If ever in a situation where you might be detained or questioned dont start ranting and raving like you do in your posts using capital letters and exclamation marks. That's a sure fire tried and true way of getting a new set of bracelets.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Nice! Assert that we're all equals and then remind him of your handcuffs as an option for you if he doesn't like your tone. Is that also an option for him if he doesn't like your tone? No. You don't see citizens as equals at all. Most of us feel the same about you guys.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22   #27
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,165
The only way this can work, is to get all the gun companies on board. Fat chance. I'd like to see it though.
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43   #28
QNman
resU deretsigeR
 
QNman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Who would bother with a Glock or other polymer framed handgun designed for 13-19 round flush fit mag capacity if those magazines were banned? I wouldn't even bother with my 23 and it's only 3 rounds over the 10 min. Nothing will make me a 1911 man faster than taking away my capacity advantage. I would think that Glock would have the biggest interest in keeping these laws from going into effect and would want to cut off every state that tries to pull this stunt.
Magazines over 10-rounds are not the only reason to buy a Glock. Not even in the top three.

- Glocks are anvil reliable - they go "bang" each and every time you pull the trigger with boring regularity.

- They are relatively lightweight and compact.

- They are relatively cheap (ever priced a decent 1911?).

And that's just off the tip of my head, AND from a 1911 guy (I own Glocks AND 1911's).
__________________
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23   #29
Toyman
Senior Member
 
Toyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
CAcop
Obviusly you missed the fact they change the law not to apply to LEO's! They are exempt!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...on-for-police/

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8958116
Obviously you didn't read, or can't comprehend the words of those articles:

"Additions to be made..."
"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office is working on amendments ..."

As far as I know, they have not done so yet.
__________________
Mike - A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
"It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes." -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56   #30
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,048
Toyman
And do you really thing they are going to prosecute cops that break the law in the mean time? I've seen pics of the NYC cops still cariing 30 round mags in the AR's! So why haven't they been arrested?
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 15:53   #31
azatrox
Senior Member
 
azatrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,815
Armalite stated today that they will continue to sell to individual officers in ban States.
Sorry to hear that.
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 19:27   #32
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,973


.....
__________________
Im for law and order, the way that it should be. This songs about the night they spent protecting you from me. - Waylon Jennings

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-18-2013 at 19:31..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 19:31   #33
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,973


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog160 View Post
GunNUT you just don't get it. I as a LEO agree 100% w you that Cuomo is an idiot and is not following the constitution as it should be followed.
However, a reg NYS Citizen CAN buy from OA but as a LEO I can't. By OAs standards. That's wrong plain and simple. You want everyone on same level but in reality you don't.
If it stays as a valid law which I don't believe it will its going to come down to discretion on the side of the officer. Lets hope they use their heads and make the right call.
I can give you some advice tho. If ever in a situation where you might be detained or questioned dont start ranting and raving like you do in your posts using capital letters and exclamation marks. That's a sure fire tried and true way of getting a new set of bracelets.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
So long as we can count on you and your brothers in blue to band together and refuse to enforce NY gun laws, I say let you buy.

If not, too bad. You deserve it. Especially with that arrogant attitude displayed in the bracelets comment.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Im for law and order, the way that it should be. This songs about the night they spent protecting you from me. - Waylon Jennings

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-18-2013 at 19:32..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 22:04   #34
Bulldog160
Member
 
Bulldog160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WNY
Posts: 240
The bracelet comment?? Word of friendly advice don't argue politics w a guy doing his job that more than likely agrees with you. It's a sure fire way to have a bad night.
My approach has always been to make contact with a driver or person of interest and discuss the situation or reason for the stop etc. when met with an intelligent person who admits to their wrong doing or honestly doesn't have a clue I'd say '99% of the time it ends with a short cordial conversation and everyone is on their way. When the person decides to show their hatred or disdain for LE it goes a much different way. Remember cops are people too and are just doing their jobs. Of course there are power hungry idiots that are in a trip but for the most part their decent guys trying to make it home safely to their families. They don't make the laws and don't want to argue them with you so save it for your legislators and Govt officials.
Called it arrogance all you want but when I'm doing a job and someone wants to argue a point I have no control over one of two things is going to happen. They're going to leave on their own and argue w someone else or continue arguing with me as they get a free ride to our facility. LEO ARE NOT in favor of these new laws so don't take it out on them.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Bulldog160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 22:13   #35
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,973


Quote:
The bracelet comment?? Word of friendly advice don't argue politics w a guy doing his job that more than likely agrees with you. It's a sure fire way to have a bad night.
There you go again. Veiled threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog160 View Post
My approach has always been to make contact with a driver or person of interest and discuss the situation or reason for the stop etc. when met with an intelligent person who admits to their wrong doing or honestly doesn't have a clue I'd say '99% of the time it ends with a short cordial conversation and everyone is on their way. When the person decides to show their hatred or disdain for LE it goes a much different way. Remember cops are people too and are just doing their jobs. Of course there are power hungry idiots that are in a trip but for the most part their decent guys trying to make it home safely to their families. They don't make the laws and don't want to argue them with you so save it for your legislators and Govt officials.
Called it arrogance all you want but when I'm doing a job and someone wants to argue a point I have no control over one of two things is going to happen. They're going to leave on their own and argue w someone else or continue arguing with me as they get a free ride to our facility. LEO ARE NOT in favor of these new laws so don't take it out on them.

But you'll enforce them won't you?
__________________
Im for law and order, the way that it should be. This songs about the night they spent protecting you from me. - Waylon Jennings

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-18-2013 at 22:14..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31   #36
evlbruce
Senior Member
 
evlbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,493
Update: CCMG is following suit, the total count of companies is upto 36.

Not surprisingly the Glock Store refused to participate.

ETA: A website so you can follow who is and is not participating.
__________________
Big Brother is Watching You.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi

Last edited by evlbruce; 02-23-2013 at 09:34..
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52   #37
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,471


http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/



I count 37 COTUS supporting companies on that list.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 13:22   #38
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,618
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Toyman
And do you really thing they are going to prosecute cops that break the law in the mean time? I've seen pics of the NYC cops still cariing 30 round mags in the AR's! So why haven't they been arrested?
The magazine restrictions are effective on April 15, 2013. http://www.nssf.org/share/PDF/NSSF-N...2013-01-24.pdf
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 13:28   #39
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,471


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
The magazine restrictions are effective on April 15, 2013. http://www.nssf.org/share/PDF/NSSF-N...2013-01-24.pdf
And a legislative exemption will be completed prior to then exempting active (on and off the job) and retired law enforcement officers.

Some animals are more equal than others.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 14:02   #40
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post

Some animals are more equal than others.
You have got me dreaming about this phrase at night now! Thanks alot!!



I dug out the Animal Farm to reread. Makes me anxious!!
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 950
301 Members
649 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31