Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 22:04   #41
vart

Political Issues

Wow, close but no joint...
Old 02-16-2013, 23:54   #42
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

The only thing more pathetic than these lazy and no good officers is pathetically grasping to defend them. You really can't fix stupid.
Old 02-17-2013, 00:34   #43
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
The only thing more pathetic than these lazy and no good officers is pathetically grasping to defend them. You really can't fix stupid.
Kind of makes you wonder what kind of dirty **** those that defend them are involved in.

Last edited by Gunhaver; 02-17-2013 at 00:35..
Old 02-17-2013, 00:57   #44
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Kind of makes you wonder what kind of dirty **** those that defend them are involved in.
Yep. Birds of a feather flock together.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00   #45
Blast
'nuff said

I wonder how they would react if they saw someone with a False Aralia plant?

Political Issues

Political Issues
Old 02-17-2013, 01:09   #46
countsk

Should have proned them out and tased them just to make sure they were no longer a threat. Good grief! Our ROE here gives the Taliban better protections than my own parents have driving down the road.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:36   #47
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
You really can't fix stupid.
Not even with duct tape.

There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to.

Stupid is forever.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09   #48
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS T MAG View Post
In what State do you reside? Please let it be Idaho or somewhere else I'll never go.
Northern Ohio.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13   #49
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If YOU'RE not joking, you won't be at the Mensa meeting.

How swift do you have to be to figure out that people dress, act, and advertise to let you know what segments of society they belong to and their beliefs and values. knowing those things, it is easy to know what crimes they are, or are not, likely to commit. Hint: if your kid has Phish stickers on his car, he doesn't think smoking dope is bad.

If you can tell things about people by looking at them, a gun will never do you any good. Awareness is your first line of defense.
Some people refuse to believe you can't judge a book by it's cover. Those people don't usually know much outside of their own little world.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:20   #50
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
Some people refuse to believe you can't judge a book by it's cover. Those people don't usually know much outside of their own little world.
Missing the point is one thing but this has effectively tuned into a strawman argument.

No one is denying that profiling is effective. The problem here is there was nothing that warranted the stop based solely on the information given. Try to stay on point.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:32   #51
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What football team in their right mind would have what could be mistaken as a dope leaf as their symbol?
How long has that leafy thing been the Ohio Buckeyes' symbol? I've never seen it before. If it was recently adopted, as I suspect, it demonstrates extreme stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post
Age 65 is NOT elderly. Actually, she is a 'seasoned' adult.
65 is the new 30.

Quote:
I always pay attention to cars with Obama stickers on them.

Usually, I can find drugs in the car, a warrant on one of the occupants, or a suspended/revoked license on the driver, no proof of insurance, or an expired registration. It's actually odd if I can't find one of those.

Always thought that was an odd coincidence.
I always keep an eye out for Obama-stickered cars. Usually, I can find an amusing expression on some faces when my big old black pickup truck suddenly cuts them off and/or stops short in front of them. Bonus points if they decide to swerve off into some shrubbery.

Quote:
Northern Ohio.

Why does the US military make majors and lt. colonels (o4 & o5) wear those marijuana leafs on their uniforms? And why do so many sheriffs wear those 6 pointed stars of David? It's gotta be a conspiracy.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39   #52
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Come on, my fellow officers! We should automatically believe the news report...it must be 100% true, with no agenda at all. Plus, how dare you rely on your experience doing the job? We are on the internet, and specifically in Glocktalk. Everyone here knows how to do your job better than you, because they read a book or watched TV or their best friend knows a cop...or something.

Point is, they know better than you how to do a traffic stop. They also know that the media ALWAYS lies about guns, but NEVER lies or misleads the public when it comes to reporting stories that make cops look bad. Nope - never that.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44   #53
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Come on, my fellow officers! We should automatically believe the news report...it must be 100% true, with no agenda at all. Plus, how dare you rely on your experience doing the job? We are on the internet, and specifically in Glocktalk. Everyone here knows how to do your job better than you, because they read a book or watched TV or their best friend knows a cop...or something.

Point is, they know better than you how to do a traffic stop. They also know that the media ALWAYS lies about guns, but NEVER lies or misleads the public when it comes to reporting stories that make cops look bad. Nope - never that.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:45   #54
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
Missing the point is one thing but this has effectively tuned into a strawman argument.

No one is denying that profiling is effective. The problem here is there was nothing that warranted the stop based solely on the information given. Try to stay on point.
Sorry about that. I'm just here to gather information on how I am currently doing my job wrong, and how to correct it. That's all.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:56   #55
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
How long has that leafy thing been the Ohio Buckeyes' symbol? I've never seen it before. If it was recently adopted, as I suspect, it demonstrates extreme stupidity.
The buckeye leaf has been awarded to football players as helmet stickers for outstanding plays since 1968. It is also the official symbol of the Ohio State University Alumni Association. Ohio State has been nicknamed the Buckeyes for over 100 years.

Try to keep up.

Political Issues

Last edited by czsmithGT; 02-17-2013 at 08:04..
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00   #56
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Wow! You can pick the police right out of this thread.

Alienation of the police from the citizens they are sworn to ... (Well, I am not sure anymore) continues to pick up speed.

The kenyan's plan is working like a charm, police are more militant and more hostile to the public everyday. Q.E.D.

I wonder now how many "public servants" here on GT will fire on Americans when they pass the disarmament/gun control laws and people resist?

Oh! And flame on!

Last edited by SPIN2010; 02-17-2013 at 08:01..
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04   #57
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post

Alienation of the police from the citizens they are sworn to ... (Well, I am not sure anymore) continues to pick up speed.

The kenyan's plan is working like a charm, police are more militant and more hostile to the public everyday. Q.E.D.

I wonder now how many "public servants" here on GT will fire on Americans when they pass the disarmament/gun control laws and people resist?

Oh! And flame on!

Here we go.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:24   #58
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post

Oh! And flame on!
The "Kenyan's plan"? The police are doing a fine job of alienating themselves from those whom they police, and have been for quite some time, without any help from the white house (as any given thread on GT will attest).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50   #59
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Everything about the stop sounds fine to me except the part where the officer advised them to remove the sticker. But that is really nothing if you think about it. He didn't refuse to release them until they did or anything like that.

The problem is it sounds like no one built any kind of rapport with them and we ended up with another citizen having an unpleasant run in with the police through no fault of their own.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
Old 02-17-2013, 08:56   #60
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS T MAG View Post
Having a sticker for the President of the United States on your car makes a cop look closer at your car? Jeez, I'll bet a Mt. Rushmore sticker would put them into a tailspin.
It raises the question of whether they have enough marbles left to drive a car successfully ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile

Closed Thread