GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 14:35   #1
Cambo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,911
A challenge to the missing centrists...

Centrists, we haven't seen much of you recently because you are hiding in shame due to the fact your democrat masters are on a gun control roll. You have nothing to say for yourselves and rightly so. Still, I'd like to give you a chance to redeem yourselves and show us how much better democrats are for gun ownership than republicans. So, if you are up to the challenge, here it is - list all of the republican politicians that you can, who have SPONSORED or CO-SPONSORED new gun control bills at the local, state or federal level. Here's the catch, any said bill must have been introduced in the year 2012 or 2013 - there will be no digging up Reagan out of the grave to prove your point. As a pre-emptive strike, Flipper 348, Mitt Romney's name will not be acceptable because he did not sponsor a bill or even mention an assault weapon ban in 2012 or 2013. Challenge On!!!!

P.S. - I would list all democrat politicians who are sponsoring gun control, but glocktalk doesn't have enough bandwidth for that.
__________________
Browning Hi Power, the Ultimate 9mm
Cambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 14:47   #2
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,564
They assured us for 4 years that Obama wasn't coming for our guns. Weren't you listening?!
__________________
November 2014 - The Republicans Take the Senate & Keep the House! Get Out and Rock the Vote!! Yes, YOU!!
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 14:49   #3
jay29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 843
Gubmint' not going to take your guns, Jethro.
jay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:02   #4
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,237
Heh...I haven't seen anyone trying to pull the ol' "centrist" dodge in the past several months...But we seem to have a new one here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1472091&page=2



.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:07   #5
EOS
Headbanger
 
EOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,637
Screw both parties, screw Obama, screw Romney.

Mittens wouldn't veto a magazine capacity ban, or universal background checks, maybe not an AWB, but judging from what he said in the past, it would have been possible.

We were screwed either way back in November, fighting over Obama and Romney now doesn't solve anything. when both Liberals and Conservatives can agree that both candidates and parties were and are complete and utter disasters, then we will be headed in the right direction.
__________________
Die When You Can Do No More Damage


Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast

Last edited by EOS; 02-17-2013 at 15:13..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:13   #6
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Centrists, we haven't seen much of you recently because you are hiding in shame due to the fact your democrat masters are on a gun control roll. You have nothing to say for yourselves and rightly so. Still, I'd like to give you a chance to redeem yourselves and show us how much better democrats are for gun ownership than republicans. So, if you are up to the challenge, here it is - list all of the republican politicians that you can, who have SPONSORED or CO-SPONSORED new gun control bills at the local, state or federal level. Here's the catch, any said bill must have been introduced in the year 2012 or 2013 - there will be no digging up Reagan out of the grave to prove your point. As a pre-emptive strike, Flipper 348, Mitt Romney's name will not be acceptable because he did not sponsor a bill or even mention an assault weapon ban in 2012 or 2013. Challenge On!!!!

P.S. - I would list all democrat politicians who are sponsoring gun control, but glocktalk doesn't have enough bandwidth for that.
So since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct? What's the problem then?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:31   #7
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,599
Political Issues
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:36   #8
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Heh...I haven't seen anyone trying to pull the ol' "centrist" dodge in the past several months...But we seem to have a new one here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1472091&page=2



.
When I first saw that, I immediately thought of the time JBinTx posted that he used to be for Ron Paul (before he was against him).
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:37   #9
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
They assured us for 4 years that Obama wasn't coming for our guns. Weren't you listening?!
We'd be in the same situation right now under Romney!!.... :rolleyes::banghead:

Sandy Hook caused this situation. Still would have happened under Romney....

The way some people here think just blows my mind. You are as blind to facts as the damn liberals....
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571

Last edited by Slug71; 02-17-2013 at 15:42..
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:39   #10
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Centrists, we haven't seen much of you recently because you are hiding in shame due to the fact your democrat masters are on a gun control roll. You have nothing to say for yourselves and rightly so. Still, I'd like to give you a chance to redeem yourselves and show us how much better democrats are for gun ownership than republicans. So, if you are up to the challenge, here it is - list all of the republican politicians that you can, who have SPONSORED or CO-SPONSORED new gun control bills at the local, state or federal level. Here's the catch, any said bill must have been introduced in the year 2012 or 2013 - there will be no digging up Reagan out of the grave to prove your point. As a pre-emptive strike, Flipper 348, Mitt Romney's name will not be acceptable because he did not sponsor a bill or even mention an assault weapon ban in 2012 or 2013. Challenge On!!!!

P.S. - I would list all democrat politicians who are sponsoring gun control, but glocktalk doesn't have enough bandwidth for that.
Why do you assume all centrists are Democrat?

According to a political compass, i'm a centrist - leaning Libertarian.
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:58   #11
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,244
Political Issues
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 16:04   #12
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,057
Funny how all the cut-n-paste photoshop comes out when one can't answer a very simple question:

Since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:06   #13
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Why do you assume all centrists are Democrat?

According to a political compass, i'm a centrist - leaning Libertarian.
You have to understand that on this forum, there are centrists, and then there are "centrists." The latter are people who introduce themselves by loudly proclaiming to be centrists, "but..." And then go on to spew a litany of leftist talking points. The "centrist" part is just a bit of misdirection -- nothing more.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:12   #14
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Funny how all the cut-n-paste photoshop comes out when one can't answer a very simple question:

Since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct?
Does that mean that Obama isn't coming after guns?

Didn't Republicans say he would?

Didn't Democrats on this Forum say he wouldn't?

Why don't you answer those questions?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:21   #15
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Does that mean that Obama isn't coming after guns?
Yes, it does, because he can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Didn't Republicans say he would?
Yup. For some reason they refuse to differentiate between what Obama wants and what Obama can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Didn't Democrats on this Forum say he wouldn't?
I don't see many Democrats on this forum. Most members who are called Democrats regardless of their political affiliation said he couldn't, not that he wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Why don't you answer those questions?
I just did. Now you. How can new gun control possibly become law if Republicans won't pass it?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:22   #16
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy
 
DWARREN123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CLARKSVILLE TN
Posts: 4,360
Politicians, all parties, are liars and damn liars.
Don't believe what a politician tells you!
__________________
Have a Nice Day
DWARREN123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:38   #17
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Does that mean that Obama isn't coming after guns?

Didn't Republicans say he would?

Didn't Democrats on this Forum say he wouldn't?

Why don't you answer those questions?
No

Yes

Yes.

Question is, would Obama be coming after our guns right now if Sandy Hook didn't happen?

Sandy Hook happened. Thats what brought this on. We'd still be in this situation right now under Romney because of Sandy Hook.

Stop dodging the questions and the facts.
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:39   #18
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
Politicians, all parties, are liars and damn liars.
Don't believe what a politician tells you!
Exactly.
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:42   #19
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
I just did. Now you. How can new gun control possibly become law if Republicans won't pass it?
New gun control may simply be a matter of how much Obama, and/or Democrats are willing to offer for votes.

Is there anyone here at all, who can say that corruption in politics doesn't exist?

If not, then the premise that since the house is controlled by Republicans, therefore the assumption that new gun control legislation cannot be passed into law........ is blatantly false........

Eh.......wrong, gundude.

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 02-17-2013 at 17:45..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:43   #20
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Yes, it does, because he can't.


God are you in denial. He specifically said he was. Now my Grandfther had a saying "Just because mule "can't" doesn't mean he doesn't try"

Yup. For some reason they refuse to differentiate between what Obama wants and what Obama can do.

The question again, isn't whether he CAN, the liars that supported him here said he wouldn't TRY

I don't see many Democrats on this forum. Most members who are called Democrats regardless of their political affiliation said he couldn't, not that he wouldn't.

Are you going to pretend you were asleep before the election? Or are you leading ignorance, or are you just lying?

I just did. Now you. How can new gun control possibly become law if Republicans won't pass it?
The facts won't stand for your twisting.

Before the election, Obama supporters on this Forum said, "He won't try to come after any guns"

He has said he is going to try.

That is all there is to it. Obama and his supporters were lying before the election, we knew it and called them out on it and he is proving we were right.

We need no more Obamafellators making more excuses.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 809
230 Members
579 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31