Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2013, 14:35   #1
Cambo

A challenge to the missing centrists...

Centrists, we haven't seen much of you recently because you are hiding in shame due to the fact your democrat masters are on a gun control roll. You have nothing to say for yourselves and rightly so. Still, I'd like to give you a chance to redeem yourselves and show us how much better democrats are for gun ownership than republicans. So, if you are up to the challenge, here it is - list all of the republican politicians that you can, who have SPONSORED or CO-SPONSORED new gun control bills at the local, state or federal level. Here's the catch, any said bill must have been introduced in the year 2012 or 2013 - there will be no digging up Reagan out of the grave to prove your point. As a pre-emptive strike, Flipper 348, Mitt Romney's name will not be acceptable because he did not sponsor a bill or even mention an assault weapon ban in 2012 or 2013. Challenge On!!!!

P.S. - I would list all democrat politicians who are sponsoring gun control, but glocktalk doesn't have enough bandwidth for that.
Old 02-17-2013, 14:47   #2
snerd

They assured us for 4 years that Obama wasn't coming for our guns. Weren't you listening?!
Old 02-17-2013, 14:49   #3
jay29

Gubmint' not going to take your guns, Jethro.
jay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:02   #4
JFrame

Heh...I haven't seen anyone trying to pull the ol' "centrist" dodge in the past several months...But we seem to have a new one here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1472091&page=2

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:07   #5
EOS
Headbanger

Screw both parties, screw Obama, screw Romney.

Mittens wouldn't veto a magazine capacity ban, or universal background checks, maybe not an AWB, but judging from what he said in the past, it would have been possible.

We were screwed either way back in November, fighting over Obama and Romney now doesn't solve anything. when both Liberals and Conservatives can agree that both candidates and parties were and are complete and utter disasters, then we will be headed in the right direction.

Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast

Last edited by EOS; 02-17-2013 at 15:13..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:13   #6
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Centrists, we haven't seen much of you recently because you are hiding in shame due to the fact your democrat masters are on a gun control roll. You have nothing to say for yourselves and rightly so. Still, I'd like to give you a chance to redeem yourselves and show us how much better democrats are for gun ownership than republicans. So, if you are up to the challenge, here it is - list all of the republican politicians that you can, who have SPONSORED or CO-SPONSORED new gun control bills at the local, state or federal level. Here's the catch, any said bill must have been introduced in the year 2012 or 2013 - there will be no digging up Reagan out of the grave to prove your point. As a pre-emptive strike, Flipper 348, Mitt Romney's name will not be acceptable because he did not sponsor a bill or even mention an assault weapon ban in 2012 or 2013. Challenge On!!!!

P.S. - I would list all democrat politicians who are sponsoring gun control, but glocktalk doesn't have enough bandwidth for that.
So since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct? What's the problem then?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:31   #7
TK-421

Political Issues
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:36   #8
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Heh...I haven't seen anyone trying to pull the ol' "centrist" dodge in the past several months...But we seem to have a new one here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1472091&page=2

When I first saw that, I immediately thought of the time JBinTx posted that he used to be for Ron Paul (before he was against him).

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:37   #9
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
They assured us for 4 years that Obama wasn't coming for our guns. Weren't you listening?!
We'd be in the same situation right now under Romney!!.... :rolleyes::banghead:

Sandy Hook caused this situation. Still would have happened under Romney....

The way some people here think just blows my mind. You are as blind to facts as the damn liberals....
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571

Last edited by Slug71; 02-17-2013 at 15:42..
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 15:39   #10
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post

Why do you assume all centrists are Democrat?

According to a political compass, i'm a centrist - leaning Libertarian.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 02-17-2013, 15:58   #11
Bren
NRA Life Member

Political Issues
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 16:04   #12
Gundude

Funny how all the cut-n-paste photoshop comes out when one can't answer a very simple question:

Since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct?
Old 02-17-2013, 17:06   #13
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Why do you assume all centrists are Democrat?

According to a political compass, i'm a centrist - leaning Libertarian.
You have to understand that on this forum, there are centrists, and then there are "centrists." The latter are people who introduce themselves by loudly proclaiming to be centrists, "but..." And then go on to spew a litany of leftist talking points. The "centrist" part is just a bit of misdirection -- nothing more.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:12   #14
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Funny how all the cut-n-paste photoshop comes out when one can't answer a very simple question:

Since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct?
Does that mean that Obama isn't coming after guns?

Didn't Republicans say he would?

Didn't Democrats on this Forum say he wouldn't?

Why don't you answer those questions?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:21   #15
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Yes, it does, because he can't.

Quote:
Yup. For some reason they refuse to differentiate between what Obama wants and what Obama can do.

Quote:
I don't see many Democrats on this forum. Most members who are called Democrats regardless of their political affiliation said he couldn't, not that he wouldn't.

Quote:
I just did. Now you. How can new gun control possibly become law if Republicans won't pass it?
Old 02-17-2013, 17:22   #16
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

Politicians, all parties, are liars and damn liars.
Don't believe what a politician tells you!
Old 02-17-2013, 17:38   #17
Slug71

Quote:

No

Yes

Yes.

Question is, would Obama be coming after our guns right now if Sandy Hook didn't happen?

Sandy Hook happened. Thats what brought this on. We'd still be in this situation right now under Romney because of Sandy Hook.

Stop dodging the questions and the facts.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 02-17-2013, 17:39   #18
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
Politicians, all parties, are liars and damn liars.
Don't believe what a politician tells you!
Exactly.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 02-17-2013, 17:42   #19
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
I just did. Now you. How can new gun control possibly become law if Republicans won't pass it?
New gun control may simply be a matter of how much Obama, and/or Democrats are willing to offer for votes.

Is there anyone here at all, who can say that corruption in politics doesn't exist?

If not, then the premise that since the house is controlled by Republicans, therefore the assumption that new gun control legislation cannot be passed into law........ is blatantly false........

Eh.......wrong, gundude.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 02-17-2013 at 17:45..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 17:43   #20
countrygun

Quote:
Yes, it does, because he can't.

God are you in denial. He specifically said he was. Now my Grandfther had a saying "Just because mule "can't" doesn't mean he doesn't try"

Yup. For some reason they refuse to differentiate between what Obama wants and what Obama can do.

The question again, isn't whether he CAN, the liars that supported him here said he wouldn't TRY

I don't see many Democrats on this forum. Most members who are called Democrats regardless of their political affiliation said he couldn't, not that he wouldn't.

Are you going to pretend you were asleep before the election? Or are you leading ignorance, or are you just lying?

The facts won't stand for your twisting.

Before the election, Obama supporters on this Forum said, "He won't try to come after any guns"

He has said he is going to try.

That is all there is to it. Obama and his supporters were lying before the election, we knew it and called them out on it and he is proving we were right.

We need no more Obamafellators making more excuses.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote