Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:33   #1
boomhower

What limbsaver for a Winchester 1200?

Can someone point me in the right direction for the correct limbsaver for the Winchester 1200 Riot? Switched cars at work and have went from an 11-87 to this. I'm not even shooting it before getting a limbsaver for it as slugs kill me in the 11-87, no less the pump.(Guess I'm not a manly man. ) Preferably Amazon or Brownells.
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53   #2
Buffering
The Cooler

Other than a grind to fit, I'm not sure there is a direct bolt on although a slip on should fit. I think those slip on pads are like a duct tape and crescent wrench solution and not as permanent as I prefer.

On my 1200 I replaced the wooden stock with a Hogue 12" which has their Airsoft pad. I don't think it's as good as a Limbsaver and I've written Limbsaver about it but alas, my email was ignored. The Hogue is fine and definitely helps with felt recoil so it will be an improvement over the factory one.

Hogue also makes a regular LOP stock and Speedfeed uses the Supercell pad which is supposedly the functional equivalent to the Limbsaver.
"Of every 100 men that go to battle 70 should not even be there, 20 are nothing but targets, 9 are true soldiers, and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make but ONE, one is a warrior, and HE will bring the others home." Hericlitus
Buffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:02   #3
boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffering View Post
Other than a grind to fit, I'm not sure there is a direct bolt on although a slip on should fit. I think those slip on pads are like a duct tape and crescent wrench solution and not as permanent as I prefer.

On my 1200 I replaced the wooden stock with a Hogue 12" which has their Airsoft pad. I don't think it's as good as a Limbsaver and I've written Limbsaver about it but alas, my email was ignored. The Hogue is fine and definitely helps with felt recoil so it will be an improvement over the factory one.

Hogue also makes a regular LOP stock and Speedfeed uses the Supercell pad which is supposedly the functional equivalent to the Limbsaver.
I can't grind the stock nor can I replace it, it's a dept owned gun not mine. Looks like a slip on is the winner. Which size would it take?
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 15:11   #4
MStarmer
In Jail...

You grind the pad to fit the stock, no modifications to the stock are required other than if the holes don't line up. If you go to the limbsaver website they have templates so you can see what you need.
Old 06-11-2013, 16:27   #5
method

Since it's not your gun and aesthetics aren't important, there's absolutely no reason to bother with a grind to fit pad. The slip ons work just as well, and once they're on the gun, they stay in place just fine.

http://limbsaverproducts.com/index.p...products_id=29

This is a small slip on, and the 1300 is on its fit list, don't know if the 1200 uses the same stock or not.
method is offline   Reply With Quote