SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:08   #326
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint curtis View Post
It seems silly to try and solve these issues on this mostly white web site. Can someone tell me about some black web sites where these issues are discussed, so I can hear some of their solutions to these problems. I would be very interested to hear their plans to turn things around.
Have you tried whitehouse.gov or usjustice.gov ?

But then, solutions may not be posted; they're just practiced.
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14   #327
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint curtis View Post
It seems silly to try and solve these issues on this mostly white web site. Can someone tell me about some black web sites where these issues are discussed, so I can hear some of their solutions to these problems. I would be very interested to hear their plans to turn things around.
You make the incredibly nave assumption that everyone wants the problem "Solved".

That is assuming you weren't implying, (when you said "Turn things around") that whites should pick up their crime rates commensurate with their percentage of society.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:01   #328
English

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post

That is assuming you weren't implying, (when you said "Turn things around") that whites should pick up their crime rates commensurate with their percentage of society.
You are assuming they haven't. Maybe they just don't get caught as often!

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:44   #329
Razorsharp

Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
While I also believe it's a cultural issue (a culture of violence), the OP is correct. If you take African American violence out of the broad picture in America, our troubles aren't quite as severe.
Correct. Don't ya just love it, whenever the subject of gun-control rears its ugly head, those who wish to curtail the right of Americans to own firearms always point to the disparity of "gun-crime" that exists between the United States and another country that lacks the multi-cultural demographics of America.

I bet if you throw a couple million gang-bangers into the mix of the population of one of those countries that those who wish to ban firearms point to, their statistics might more closely mirror America's.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23   #330
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
Correct. Don't ya just love it, whenever the subject of gun-control rears its ugly head, those who wish to curtail the right of Americans to own firearms always point to the disparity of "gun-crime" that exists between the United States and another country that lacks the multi-cultural demographics of America.

I bet if you throw a couple million gang-bangers into the mix of the population of one of those countries that those who wish to ban firearms point to, their statistics might more closely mirror America's.
I've been on police training missions to Europe. Their crime rates have gone up on a perfect line with their minority immigrants.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:45   #331
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
You make the incredibly nave assumption that everyone wants the problem "Solved".

I think he was being sarcastic - is in, if he went to "black web sites where these issues are discussed" he might have a hard time finding any solutions other than blaming whitey. I learned from Larry Fishburn, in Boyz in the Hood, that it's a conspiracy by the white man that puts gun shops and liquor stroes in the black community. People really believe, or claim to believe that.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47   #332
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I've been on police training missions to Europe. Their crime rates have gone up on a perfect line with their minority immigrants.
And we could say something about "conflict between cultures" or minority status being a cause, but when we look at Africa, for example, we see that even countries with few outside cultures and races have the same problem.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51   #333
ditto1958

Razor sharp has a point. Take almost any country. Bring in a whole bunch of people of a different race, and enslave them for 200 years. Make it illegal for them to learn to read.

Then free them, but make them live separately and as 2nd class citizens for another 100 years. Try hard to keep them from advancing and from assimilating.

Then, start feeling guilty about it, change all the laws, and start handing them a bunch of money. Do it in such a way, though, that it encourages women to have kids but discourages fathers from being in the household.

Then wonder why you have a problem, feel guilty some more, and keep handing out more and more money.

Let people get into schools they are not qualified for. Hire them for jobs they are not qualified for. Get them used to using their race as an excuse.

Do you think that country might have some of the same problems we have?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43   #334
TxGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
Razor sharp has a point. Take almost any country. Bring in a whole bunch of people of a different race, and enslave them for 200 years. Make it illegal for them to learn to read.

Then free them, but make them live separately and as 2nd class citizens for another 100 years. Try hard to keep them from advancing and from assimilating.

Then, start feeling guilty about it, change all the laws, and start handing them a bunch of money. Do it in such a way, though, that it encourages women to have kids but discourages fathers from being in the household.

Then wonder why you have a problem, feel guilty some more, and keep handing out more and more money.

Let people get into schools they are not qualified for. Hire them for jobs they are not qualified for. Get them used to using their race as an excuse.

And somewhere along the line, after all the laws and $ trillions spent attempting to rectify their problems over the last 60 years, how about we quit making excuses for them and expect them to rise above their history and take responsibility for their own situation in the 21st century? Other races and ethnic groups have had plenty of excuses to fail in this country and around the world but virtually all found ways to overcome prejudice and succeed as a people.

So far, that's apparently far too much to expect.

Last edited by TxGun; 03-24-2013 at 11:59..
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36   #335
jay1975
Ultra Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGun View Post
And somewhere along the line, after all the laws and $ trillions spent attempting to rectify their problems over the last 60 years, how about we quit making excuses for them and expect them to rise above their history and take responsibility for their own situation in the 21st century? Other races and ethnic groups have had plenty of excuses to fail in this country and around the world but virtually all found ways to overcome prejudice and succeed as a people.

This ^
Old 03-24-2013, 14:28   #336
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGun View Post

Yup -- at one time, the lowest of the low were the Irish. There used to be signs posted on eateries and other public facilities, "No dogs or Irishmen allowed."

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:09   #337
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Then, as I just mentioned, compare your results to those who live in Africa and were not slaves and are the racial and power majority in their country and ask, "how come it's as bad or worse there?"

Then you'll be on the road to actually knowing something useful, instead of repeating the currently popular line.

Last edited by Bren; 03-25-2013 at 05:10..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:37   #338
ditto1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Then, as I just mentioned, compare your results to those who live in Africa and were not slaves and are the racial and power majority in their country and ask, "how come it's as bad or worse there?"

Then you'll be on the road to actually knowing something useful, instead of repeating the currently popular line.
Brent, as I've written earlier in this thread, this whole thing baffles me. Blacks in the 1940's and 1950's who migrated to northern cities to get jobs and make a better life were no different from the waves of other groups who came before and after them. I don't understand why they are the only ones who have failed.

I'm certainly not making excuses for them.
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:44   #339
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Failure was encouraged and paid for,concrete voters base.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:24   #340
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Brent, as I've written earlier in this thread, this whole thing baffles me. Blacks in the 1940's and 1950's who migrated to northern cities to get jobs and make a better life were no different from the waves of other groups who came before and after them. I don't understand why they are the only ones who have failed.

I'm certainly not making excuses for them.
We can mainstream any immigrant group, from any place, into American society in three generations. But, we can't do it with a large percentage of black Americans, and we really need to.

Last edited by series1811; 03-25-2013 at 07:24..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30   #341
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.

Last edited by kirgi08; 03-25-2013 at 09:32..
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote