SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 21:53   #41
Syclone538

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSBHF View Post
There is, IQ. The average black IQ is 85 compared to 100 for white and 105 for Asians.
In the video he said growing up in a single parent household on average lowered IQ. Now, cause vs effect, I have no idea. quan lot winny quan lot nam sieu mong do ve sinh rang mieng cho be vay lien cong so quan ao ban buon cho thue trang phuc hoa trang

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:45..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:34   #42
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSBHF View Post
There is, IQ. The average black IQ is 85 compared to 100 for white and 105 for Asians.
Source? Not picking at ya, just wondering where you got this information.

My first thoughts were that the IQ of black people that identify as black would have lower average IQs. Who's putting them down as black? Is it the test taker themselves or the test givers?

There are plenty of people that many would call black that don't identify as black. Like Morgan freeman said, "I am not a minority, I am a human being and there are over 7 billion of us." I don't consider myself white and I study evolution enough to know that there is no genetic distinction between the races. It's all just variations in skin tone. It's not even a cultural thing across the board. A short conversation with Eminem and Neil deGrasse Tyson would prove that point.

I suppose that if we all went down to Sherwin Williams and picked a sample card that closest matched our skin tone and then called ourselves that color name then that would be more accurate but it's still a stupid criteria for dividing ourselves. I'd be Ambitious Amber and I could point out that we're smarter on average than the Gallant Goldies but I'd be an idiot that needs somebody to feel better than to do so.

http://www.materials-world.com/paint...olorOpt-03.gif

Somebody that will check the black or African American box to describe themselves has already bought into the idea that there is such a thing as race when there really isn't which shows a predisposition to lower intelligence and a level of gullibility that would lead one to expect the IQ results that you posted. The smartest "black" people like to avoid this condescension and attempt to pigeon hole them for someone else's gain. I have met many of them even when working for HUD for years.

I never mark race boxes on anything because that information is only used to separate us into groups and build cases for giving more tax money and special concessions to minority groups. I'm not as opposed to social programs as most here but I would at least like to see it distributed on the basis of need rather than race.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:42   #43
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
On what Constitutional authority?

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:55   #44
rednoved
NRA Member

And they're horrible at tipping......
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:07   #45
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Based on your prior behavior here, it's pretty safe to assume you're not telling the truth...but if your assorted womenfolk are "teaching" why don't you have them pay their own way instead of helping them to leech off the gov't...i.e. "the rest of us", for their needs?
Ask me how much I care if you think I'm telling the truth. The guy that commented right before you is advocating that drug and alcohol users be executed by the government and you decided to harp on my interview fib yet again? One can only assume that you agree with his point more than mine. That's pretty telling.
Old 02-19-2013, 23:08   #46
Glocksanity

Quote:
Just because the war on drugs has been a failure, doesn't mean we just give up and legalize them.

We fight harder.
Um, yeah. Prohibition was an utter failure. So it was changed and worked out fine.

Time to do that with marijuana.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:15   #47
Glocksanity

Blacks are about 15% of the population and commit about 50% of the gun homicides.

Doesn't matter whether the reason is no fathers, brain size, economics, etc...facts are facts. If we don't admit they are the biggest problem then we can't start to figure out why and then address it.

Pretty simple logic. But no politically correct. So, they demonize white guys with assault weapons because you can say anything bad or derogatory about that group and most everyone applauds.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:16   #48
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Are boring NBA games a black problem?
Old 02-19-2013, 23:16   #49
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Ask me how much I care if you think I'm telling the truth.
Enough to get mad and respond? Just sayin'

Last edited by TX OMFS; 02-19-2013 at 23:17..
TX OMFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:23   #50
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
Enough to get mad and respond? Just sayin'
Mad? That's funny. It's actually quite therapeutic for me to point out blatant ignorance. Thank's for the pick-me-up.
Old 02-19-2013, 23:35   #51
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut

Quote:
Mad? That's funny. It's actually quite therapeutic for me to point out blatant ignorance. Thank's for the pick-me-up.
No, you're mad.
Old 02-19-2013, 23:46   #52
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
At least its a therapy you don't expect the tax payers to cover.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:46   #53
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Oooooh, scathing retort you have there fella.
Old 02-19-2013, 23:52   #54
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
At least its a therapy you don't expect the tax payers to cover.
At least, but my main therapy is shooting so if ammo gets any more expensive I might need a government subsidy.
Old 02-20-2013, 00:17   #55
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

If you live in Chicago and you are black, you are EIGHTEEN times more likely to commit a murder than if you are white.

I worked through the numbers the other day and posted a thread in Gun Control Issues titled "Murder is Not a Gun Control Issue". I will put a link in here tomorrow if anyone doubts the truth of what the numbers show.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1470229

Last edited by SpectreRider; 02-20-2013 at 07:35..
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 00:34   #56
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut

Quote:
Oooooh, scathing retort you have there fella.
See, you're mad. Sorry he upset you.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:27   #57
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
See, you're mad. Sorry he upset you.
No, that was directed at you. CF just slipped in between us. Not mad at him either. I find him quite amusing. He hates me with a passion and bends over backwards to avoid the fact that I agree with him on a lot and think he's pretty adept at the art of the damn good point. He just can't see mine as often as I see his. Amusing as hell.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:56   #58
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

The gun problem is a black problem.

The black problem is the dude that is the prez-o-dent
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27   #59
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Most definitely!

The druggies always bring up alcohol prohibition as an excuse for just giving up on the drug problem.

Imagine if the government would have just fought harder and succeeded in keeping alcohol illegal. Just think of the lives and families that would have been saved.

For that reason we cannot give up on drugs just because it may appear that we're losing the battle. Have we become a nation of losers, who quit when the going gets tough?

The illegal drug trade in this country is the primary cause of the gun and gang violence we have. Get a handle on drugs and the gun problem, crime problem and gang problem will solve its self.

We can't just give up because a few pot heads want to get high. Obviously they have no respect for the lives of others, and just want their own needs fulfilled.

Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:36   #60
English

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, the mafia didn't quit killing people when prohibition ended. What would be the basis of a theory that drug dealers would quit killing people if drugs were legalized?
Would they quit being sociopaths?
That was because they had been able to build large wealthy criminal organizations with the profits of supplying alcohol during prohibition. They then used those facilities to expand into different criminal activities. Like any business, large scale crime needs finance and organization.

So what is being done now is expanding the scope of criminal business even further. Since we have demonstrated that we cannot win the war on drugs we have two policy choices. We can starve the drug suppliers of income by providing cheap drugs to users and use the money and wealth that has gone into that to fight violent crime ruthlessly. Alternatively we can completely change our tactics and start aiming our activity against drug users. Once well to do and important people start being imprisoned for buying or possessing cocaine and so on, consumption would drop rapidly and drug dealing would drop with it. This too will starve the criminal suppliers of income. This won't stop drug dealing but it would greatly reduce it. It won't happen because it would cost too many votes!

English

Last edited by English; 02-20-2013 at 06:46..
English is offline   Reply With Quote