SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:02   #61
English

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreRider View Post
If you live in Chicago and you are black, you are EIGHTEEN times more likely to commit a murder than if you are white.

I worked through the numbers the other day and posted a thread in Gun Control Issues titled "Murder is Not a Gun Control Issue". I will put a link in here tomorrow if anyone doubts the truth of what the numbers show.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
A significant calculation!

In London a few years back 90% of muggings were committed by blacks but blacks were only 10% of the population. So a black was about 90 times more likely to be a mugger than a non black.

There can be a variety of reasons why these things are so but until we as a society face up to the reality we cannot even try to solve the problem.

English

Last edited by English; 02-20-2013 at 07:04..
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14   #62
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
On what Constitutional authority?
Interstate Commerce Clause - the engine by which all federal laws are passed.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40   #63
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
A significant calculation!

In London a few years back 90% of muggings were committed by blacks but blacks were only 10% of the population. So a black was about 90 times more likely to be a mugger than a non black.

There can be a variety of reasons why these things are so but until we as a society face up to the reality we cannot even try to solve the problem.

English
At the very least, a baby step toward the solution would be for a public figure to be able to state such statistics without being branded a "racist."

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18   #64
walt cowan

so...what brave black leader(s) is going to be the first to call for the outlawing of firearms to blacks?

Last edited by walt cowan; 02-20-2013 at 08:19..
walt cowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21   #65
Vic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt cowan View Post
so...what brave black leader(s) is going to be the first to call for the outlawing of firearms to blacks?
If you check history or ask Condoleezza Rice, that was the original reason for gun control.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27   #66
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Which is exactly why my one thing to fix the country http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1471865 (post #66) was to have the SCOTUS rule that the commerce clause be strictly interpreted to say only what it says.

A great example of the abuse of the Commerce clause (permitted, as the courts are loath to serve as the balance of power that they are meant to be)...

When the Gun Free Schools law was originally enacted, the pols forgot to include language that said that they had determined that guns near schools affected interstate commerce. The law was challenged on the basis that the constitution did not grant authority to make such a law. A court agreed and determined that the commerce clause did not justify the making of the law because guns near schools did not affect interstate commerce. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Lopez

The law was void.

"Following the Lopez decision, Congress rewrote the Gun Free School Zones Act with the necessary interstate-commerce "hook" used in other Federal Gun Laws."
Language was then added to determine that guns near schools affected interstate commerce (what the court had just determined was not the case) and the law was passed again. The courts have let the law stand though it is a blatant sham that interstate commerce is affected.

The abuse of the commerce clause is the driving engine of the expansion of federal power and the point where the government turned its back on the constitution. 1942 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

Last edited by SpectreRider; 02-20-2013 at 08:56..
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20   #67
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
If you check history or ask Condoleezza Rice, that was the original reason for gun control.
Depends. If you go farther back in history you can trace gun control to the playbook of any ruler that sought to oppress his/her citizens. Not just blacks. Gun control is exactly that - CONTROL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreRider View Post
Which is exactly why my one thing to fix the country http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1471865 (post #66) was to have the SCOTUS rule that the commerce clause be strictly interpreted to say only what it says.

A great example of the abuse of the Commerce clause (permitted, as the courts are loath to serve as the balance of power that they are meant to be)...

When the Gun Free Schools law was originally enacted, the pols forgot to include language that said that they had determined that guns near schools affected interstate commerce. The law was challenged on the basis that the constitution did not grant authority to make such a law. A court agreed and determined that the commerce clause did not justify the making of the law because guns near schools did not affect interstate commerce. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Lopez

The law was void.

"Following the Lopez decision, Congress rewrote the Gun Free School Zones Act with the necessary interstate-commerce "hook" used in other Federal Gun Laws."
Language was then added to determine that guns near schools affected interstate commerce (what the court had just determined was not the case) and the law was passed again. The courts have let the law stand though it is a blatant sham that interstate commerce is affected.

The abuse of the commerce clause is the driving engine of the expansion of federal power and the point where the government turned its back on the constitution. 1942 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn
Agreed. Loose interpretation of the Interstate Commerce Clause has been the death of us.

S&W Club - 22227
Old 02-20-2013, 15:44   #68
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Yall really think it's that cut and dry?

Come on... yall aren't that simple minded.
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 16:23   #69
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post
Yall really think it's that cut and dry?

Come on... yall aren't that simple minded.
It isn't. It's the result of 100 years of progressive policies.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 16:25   #70
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
The clause that nullifies the rest of the COTUS

Old 02-20-2013, 16:27   #71
scottyd2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
Good point.

but if you trace the gun control to racial issues. You will see it boils down to a liberal thing, and not really the black's fault.

Blacks are people like anyone else, their crime rate is directly related to liberal democrat laws.

Criminal Blacks are far less likely to be searched for a illegal weapon (no matter what deference the liberal media says) than a Criminal white.
The "race discrimination" card is a HUGE and power card the blacks get. It can VERY EASILY cost a cop his job.
Less of them get searched, and thus more crimes.

You can black white liberal democrats for this not blacks.

Look at all the Gang violence. Crips, Bloods etc, the liberals don't go after them because they are black, and it's racial profiling. Any white gang is considered a "Hate Group" and the LE politicians go after them. They are disarmed and thrown in jail, yet you hear stories after the other of x black gang members talking about how many people they killed.

In Obama's eye's, he knows a lot of his black supporters have black gang members as relatives or friends, esp in Chicago and other large towns.

Gun control to Obama is disarming white people and empowering blacks. He knows it, and the black community knows this.

Not saying all blacks are criminals (there are many outstanding pro gun blacks out there), but in Obama's view, if he can disarm the whites, most of his people will still have an advantage.
scottyd2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 16:39   #72
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
The clause that nullifies the rest of the COTUS

The way it's interpreted? Yes, absolutely.

S&W Club - 22227
Old 02-20-2013, 16:54   #73
scottyd2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Source? Not picking at ya, just wondering where you got this information.

My first thoughts were that the IQ of black people that identify as black would have lower average IQs. Who's putting them down as black? Is it the test taker themselves or the test givers?

There are plenty of people that many would call black that don't identify as black. Like Morgan freeman said, "I am not a minority, I am a human being and there are over 7 billion of us." I don't consider myself white and I study evolution enough to know that there is no genetic distinction between the races. It's all just variations in skin tone. It's not even a cultural thing across the board. A short conversation with Eminem and Neil deGrasse Tyson would prove that point.

I suppose that if we all went down to Sherwin Williams and picked a sample card that closest matched our skin tone and then called ourselves that color name then that would be more accurate but it's still a stupid criteria for dividing ourselves. I'd be Ambitious Amber and I could point out that we're smarter on average than the Gallant Goldies but I'd be an idiot that needs somebody to feel better than to do so.

http://www.materials-world.com/paint...olorOpt-03.gif

Somebody that will check the black or African American box to describe themselves has already bought into the idea that there is such a thing as race when there really isn't which shows a predisposition to lower intelligence and a level of gullibility that would lead one to expect the IQ results that you posted. The smartest "black" people like to avoid this condescension and attempt to pigeon hole them for someone else's gain. I have met many of them even when working for HUD for years.

I never mark race boxes on anything because that information is only used to separate us into groups and build cases for giving more tax money and special concessions to minority groups. I'm not as opposed to social programs as most here but I would at least like to see it distributed on the basis of need rather than race.

There is some truth to this, I've seen the data years back, the IQ of avg whites "FROM the SAME Neighborhood" as blacks was 100, while blacks was 75-85. Asians scored even higher like 105-110 avg.

There is more than skin color, blacks also on avg run faster and jump higher

Science wise Whites are on par or maybe over Asians, but math and other academic scores, Asians are far out there and ahead.

Look an Science and innovations, leave blacks in Africa and what did they invent? Straw/mud houses, and spears as weapons.. No astrology, no expedition.

Asians, Whites and middle Easterns had castles, bows, bronze, iron, steel innovations. .. all the way up to modern medicine, steam engine, gas engines, autos, planes, jets, rockets to the moon. advanced computer science, muskets, revolvers, repeaters, machine guns, lasers, satellites, nuclear weapons etc. and on.

Asians, Whites, Spanish and middle eastern people are like advanced space aliens compared to blacks. Yet all this is a double edged sword. it will be the whites and Asians and Middle Eastern people who destroy the world, not the black people and their inventions.
So who is worse? not blacks!
I don't follow the ghetto crap and culture, but I do admire the simplicity of the old black African life. We are much more different than skin, but that does not mean we can not live together in peace. The liberal democrats keep dividing us.

I also think "Race boxes" on papers and applications are racist, how can we all live together in peace, if they keep dividing us.?

Last edited by scottyd2506; 02-20-2013 at 16:59..
scottyd2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 16:56   #74
JFrame

Quote:
It isn't. It's the result of 100 years of progressive policies.

Bingo.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 17:03   #75
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
The way it's interpreted? Yes, absolutely.
You say interpreted and you'd be correct.

I saw shamelessly bastardized and I'm correct as well.

Old 02-20-2013, 20:44   #76
RyanSBHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
In the video he said growing up in a single parent household on average lowered IQ. Now, cause vs effect, I have no idea.

I don't know, either. Violent criminals of all races tend to have below average IQ's and poor emotional control.

A Monarch leads a Monarchy.

Hillary Clinton leads a Country.
RyanSBHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:48   #77
RyanSBHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Source? Not picking at ya, just wondering where you got this information.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx

I'm glad you said something, I forgot to post this earlier.

Old 02-20-2013, 21:03   #78
RyanSBHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd2506 View Post
There is more than skin color, blacks also on avg run faster and jump higher

That's because on average they have higher navels, thus a higher center of gravity. This actually works against you when swimming where a lower center of gravity is advantageous.

I'm living proof of this - I'm a good swimmer but an average runner.

Old 02-20-2013, 22:42   #79
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSBHF View Post
That's because on average they have higher navels, thus a higher center of gravity. This actually works against you when swimming where a lower center of gravity is advantageous.

I'm living proof of this - I'm a good swimmer but an average runner.
Whaaaa????

Old 02-21-2013, 00:47   #80
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSBHF View Post
That's because on average they have higher navels.....
Political Issues

Oh! You said navel!