Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:20   #81
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post
Yall really think it's that cut and dry?

Come on... yall aren't that simple minded.
I think there is a group of people who have made a concerted effort to keep blacks in America from mainstreaming into the rest of the country, the way other immigrant groups have done (and, yes, the blacks are immigrants, the same as everybody else).

And, they have done a pretty good job of convincing blacks that they can't make it own their own, and that they shouldn't be held responsible for their situation, and that they need to keep voting Democrat, or it will get worse.

I know as a liberal Democrat, that position will not get much traction with you.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34   #82
Montblanc

The gun problem is a black problem, in countries or even in areas of the USA that is all white crime does not exist.

In the UK they have hardly any guns but have tons of violent crime and have had riots. This is pretty much all black and a few non blacks that think its okay to act this way because of liberal media.

When Japan was nearly destroyed by the wave people were turning in money. This is a country with little to no blacks. In Katrina "cops" were looting with the rest of the blacks.

It is a race issue and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Soon it will be a black culture issue as more and more young people think its okay to act without morals and do whatever they want. It's happened in the UK already and is growing here.

These photos aren't of people stealing water and food but beer and other non needed items, they are taking advantage of the situation just like they do of everything and everyone they can such as welfare. They voted for more welfare. This is a real issue that cannot be over looked. They tried taking guns away durring Katrina because they did not want a ton of blacks being shot over looting causing s national issue. Soon all gun owners will be labeled racist.
Political Issues
Political Issues
Political Issues
Political Issues
Political Issues
Political Issues

Last edited by Montblanc; 02-21-2013 at 09:45..
Montblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33   #83
wlkjr

wlkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59   #84
ditto1958

Here's what has puzzled me for years. In the Midwest, where I spent most of my life, wave after wave of immigrants came looking for a better life. They all faced prejudice and discrimination. Typically, the first generation would take menial jobs, but they made sure their kids went to school, learned English, and had the opportunity to do better than they did. In most cases it worked. Extremely well.

Blacks after WWII came by the thousands to Midwest cities looking for a better life than they had in the south. Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit- they all had zillions of good factory jobs, and not enough workers to fill them. Blacks came and worked, and in some cases prospered.

But there's where the similarities stopped. Their kids did not go to college. They didn't learn standard English. They did not assimilate into the rest of society. They did not do better than their parents did. They did not even do as well as their parents did. In fact, they did worse. Arguably to the point where they regressed back to where their parents were in the south before they even moved up north.

Everywhere they went, whites fled in fear to the suburbs, and blacks created economic waste across vast swaths of large cities.

In stark contrast, since then, more immigrants have come. Russians, Hispanics, Asians. They are all following in the footsteps of all of the other immigrants who came before them. Living the American Dream.

Why don't blacks do the same?

Last edited by ditto1958; 02-22-2013 at 09:02..
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20   #85
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
Here's what has puzzled me for years. In the Midwest, where I spent most of my life, wave after wave of immigrants came looking for a better life. They all faced prejudice and discrimination. Typically, the first generation would take menial jobs, but they made sure their kids went to school, learned English, and had the opportunity to do better than they did. In most cases it worked. Extremely well.

Blacks after WWII came by the thousands to Midwest cities looking for a better life than they had in the south. Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit- they all had zillions of good factory jobs, and not enough workers to fill them. Blacks came and worked, and in some cases prospered.

But there's where the similarities stopped. Their kids did not go to college. They didn't learn standard English. They did not assimilate into the rest of society. They did not do better than their parents did. They did not even do as well as their parents did. In fact, they did worse. Arguably to the point where they regressed back to where their parents were in the south before they even moved up north.

Everywhere they went, whites fled in fear to the suburbs, and blacks created economic waste across vast swaths of large cities.

In stark contrast, since then, more immigrants have come. Russians, Hispanics, Asians. They are all following in the footsteps of all of the other immigrants who came before them. Living the American Dream.

Why don't blacks do the same?
Not to make a sweeping generality, but to deal within the framework of disproportionate percentages -- I think CF answered that in the previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
It's the result of 100 years of progressive policies.
Those progressive policies culminated in LBJ's "Great Society," which was anything but -- a cynical and calculated effort to lock in a reliable voter base at the sacrifice of what is actually beneficial for that base (and the nation in general). "The Great Society" was perfectly timed with the civil rights movement, to leverage the momentum of something that WAS actually needed, and to steer that energy into something much more political and malevolent.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06   #86
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I don't consider myself white and I study evolution enough to know that there is no genetic distinction between the races. It's all just variations in skin tone. It's not even a cultural thing across the board. A short conversation with Eminem and Neil deGrasse Tyson would prove that point.

I suppose that if we all went down to Sherwin Williams and picked a sample card that closest matched our skin tone and then called ourselves that color name then that would be more accurate but it's still a stupid criteria for dividing ourselves. I'd be Ambitious Amber and I could point out that we're smarter on average than the Gallant Goldies but I'd be an idiot that needs somebody to feel better than to do so.
From the friendly folks at the Urban Dictionary:

bloviate

To discourse at length in a pompous or boastful manner.

To pretend to understand technical subject matter and sell it to others even dumber then oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I'm not as opposed to social programs as most here but I would at least like to see it distributed on the basis of need rather than race.
Correct...wouldn't want to miss out on your share of someone else's stuff.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34   #87
Glockgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
In before the lock!

The gun problem is NOT a black problem, it's a social problem that affects everyone.

Trying to blame the problem on any one race is just simply wrong.

We've kicked God out of our society and embraced every deviant behavior known to man, and as a result we now have a society where anything goes and we no longer have respect for each other, or anything.

Life has been cheapened by TV and movie violence, and by video games that glorify killing and violence. Most of the population is addicted to chemicals in one form or another. The rest are just simply pissed off at the world.

Illegal drugs are a MAJOR problem in this country and fuel most of the violence and gun crimes, yet most Americans want more drugs legalized. Figure that one out.

The gang/hip hop culture is another problem that is completely out of control and being tolerated by lawmakers and the general population.

When you tell your children that they're descended from apes and that they're no different than animals, then they go out and act like animals.

Today, the easiest way out of life's complex problems is drugs.
If drugs don't solve your problem, then grab a gun.

That's what we've trained our society to do.

Personal responsibility is an outdated concept and your problems are always the fault of someone else. You deal with that by walking in to some place and opening fire with a gun.

People get the government they deserve.
It seems that they also get the society they deserve.

That about sums it up!
Glockgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56   #88
Annoyinglylongname

Quote:
Most definitely!

The druggies always bring up alcohol prohibition as an excuse for just giving up on the drug problem.

Imagine if the government would have just fought harder and succeeded in keeping alcohol illegal. Just think of the lives and families that would have been saved.

For that reason we cannot give up on drugs just because it may appear that we're losing the battle. Have we become a nation of losers, who quit when the going gets tough?

The illegal drug trade in this country is the primary cause of the gun and gang violence we have. Get a handle on drugs and the gun problem, crime problem and gang problem will solve its self.

We can't just give up because a few pot heads want to get high. Obviously they have no respect for the lives of others, and just want their own needs fulfilled.

Not everyone is a "druggie" who has the opinion that the drug laws and particularly the drug war needs to be ended. Some of us formerly worked in law enforcement. As a narcotic detector dog handler in particular.
I have the very strong conviction that the cost of enforcing these laws is ridiculous and the existence of those laws has created environmental impacts in the form of ecological disaster areas where illegal meth labs have been built and used.
The number of people gunned down by drug thugs, either the ones with the sagging pants or the ones with badges, is outrageous.
Drug laws are so successful we have had to have our freedoms stripped away from us because police can't do their jobs without:
Asset seizure and forfeiture laws
Masked intruders making midnight raids into private dwellings.
Workplace drug testing because they need help from business
Weakened search and seizure laws because without them the bad guys get away
The list goes on and on. I for one would rather have a few folks down the street smoking weed than have a JBT on every corner.
Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. Law enforcement needs to learn a little about human nature.
Annoyinglylongname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:06   #89
ditto1958

I gotta vehemently disagree with JBnTX. If illegal drugs are the cause of most violence and gun-related crimes in the US, then why is it that blacks commit most of those crimes? Illegal grug use is not a "black" problem. It cuts across our entire society.

Last edited by ditto1958; 02-22-2013 at 11:07..
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35   #90
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
I gotta vehemently disagree with JBnTX. If illegal drugs are the cause of most violence and gun-related crimes in the US, then why is it that blacks commit most of those crimes? Illegal grug use is not a "black" problem. It cuts across our entire society.
True, but if you break the problem down farther...

What is the prevalence of violence that is related to crack delivery...

What is the prevalence of violence that is related to meth delivery...

What is the prevalence of violence that is related to cannabis delivery...

What is the prevalence of violence that is related to illegal Rx delivery...

I think the problem becomes more clear. At least in my experience.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43   #91
JAS104
NRA Life Member

This hasn't been locked yet?
I'm in!

Lets go.
Old 02-26-2013, 13:32   #92
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

One of my young bucks... was shot and killed in dc on Friday night. RIP JOE HARDIN.... yall can analyze all you want... but unless you've lived through it... you will never truly understand.

LINK

Last edited by GWSHARK; 02-27-2013 at 08:35..
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 14:16   #93
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post
One of my young bucks... was shot an killed in dc on Friday night. RIP JOE HARDIN.... yall can analyze all you want... but unless you've lived through it... you will never truly understand.

LINK
I've had a few friends murdered. But, not because they got into an argument over a girl at 1:15 AM and somebody decided that it was appropriate to escalate it into deadly force.

I don't know why young black males feel like they have to shoot each other over such trivial things. But, until that changes, they will continue to die in huge numbers.
Old 02-26-2013, 15:37   #94
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I've had a few friends murdered. But, not because they got into an argument over a girl at 1:15 AM and somebody decided that it was appropriate to escalate it into deadly force.

I don't know why young black males feel like they have to shoot each other over such trivial things. But, until that changes, they will continue to die in huge numbers.
There are plenty of young black men that don't think that way, unfortunately they grow up among the thugs that do think that way, and some of them lose their life in a silly argument. I think that's the point Shark is trying to make.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 15:38   #95
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
In before the lock!

The gun problem is NOT a black problem, it's a social problem that affects everyone.

Trying to blame the problem on any one race is just simply wrong.

We've kicked God out of our society and embraced every deviant behavior known to man, and as a result we now have a society where anything goes and we no longer have respect for each other, or anything.

Life has been cheapened by TV and movie violence, and by video games that glorify killing and violence. Most of the population is addicted to chemicals in one form or another. The rest are just simply pissed off at the world.

Illegal drugs are a MAJOR problem in this country and fuel most of the violence and gun crimes, yet most Americans want more drugs legalized. Figure that one out.

The gang/hip hop culture is another problem that is completely out of control and being tolerated by lawmakers and the general population.

When you tell your children that they're descended from apes and that they're no different than animals, then they go out and act like animals.

Today, the easiest way out of life's complex problems is drugs.
If drugs don't solve your problem, then grab a gun.

That's what we've trained our society to do.

Personal responsibility is an outdated concept and your problems are always the fault of someone else. You deal with that by walking in to some place and opening fire with a gun.

People get the government they deserve.
It seems that they also get the society they deserve.

agreed on all counts, up to, and including, in before the lock.
Old 02-26-2013, 16:26   #96
Chesafreak

I can only speak for myself and of my own experiences.

In every case where I needed a gun, the BG was a black man.

For a couple of years of my childhood, I lived in a mostly black neighborhood and was a victim of racism frequently. I had to learn how to fight to survive. Back in those days there didn't seem to be as many guns on the street. That was before everybody wanted to be a gangsta and carry a gun because they saw it in a rap video.

Even in Navy boot camp at Great Lakes I had a confrontation and almost a beat down in my own company with guys who were in Chicago gangs before enlisting.

One day I was in a car full of women and got off the interstate in an unknown area to get gas. At the first light our car was surrounded by angry black youts rocking the car and threatening us while trying to open the doors. At the time I would have given a nut for a gun.

Over the next decade or more I never felt the need for a gun.

Years later I was retiring from the military and had to move out of base housing during the height of the real estate boom. The only neighborhood we could afford without forcing our kids to change school districts was at least half black. There was a lot of crime and a white man got beat almost to death by a black mob at the convenience store next to the neighborhood. He was in a coma for two months and then had brain damage. He was a business man on his way home from work and just stopped to get milk. There were frequent smash and grabs of cars. Lots of assaults and some rapes after dark. The house on the corner of my street with a cul-de-sac got raided by a SWAT team for selling crack. A friend of mine was kidnapped while getting out of his car by two black guys and forced to drive to an ATM. We didn't go outside without a gun until we finally moved away to another nearby city. That was in the Green Run neighborhood in Virginia Beach, not Compton.

I'll just say that of all the times I have feared for my life it has been because of some black thug.

In the Hampton Roads news, there are frequently stories of black on black shootings, many over disrespect at a party or after leaving a club. I rarely hear of whites getting into a shooting around here unless they were the victim. In parts of Hampton Roads blacks get shot by other blacks on a daily basis.

That's why I got my CHP and carry.

I think its a culture problem where fathers are missing from son's lives.

Last edited by Chesafreak; 02-26-2013 at 16:30..
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 16:54   #97
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyinglylongname View Post
Not everyone is a "druggie" who has the opinion that the drug laws and particularly the drug war needs to be ended. Some of us formerly worked in law enforcement. As a narcotic detector dog handler in particular.
I have the very strong conviction that the cost of enforcing these laws is ridiculous and the existence of those laws has created environmental impacts in the form of ecological disaster areas where illegal meth labs have been built and used.
The number of people gunned down by drug thugs, either the ones with the sagging pants or the ones with badges, is outrageous.
Drug laws are so successful we have had to have our freedoms stripped away from us because police can't do their jobs without:
Asset seizure and forfeiture laws
Masked intruders making midnight raids into private dwellings.
Workplace drug testing because they need help from business
Weakened search and seizure laws because without them the bad guys get away
The list goes on and on. I for one would rather have a few folks down the street smoking weed than have a JBT on every corner.
Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. Law enforcement needs to learn a little about human nature.

Drugs are like everything else, all the big boy politicians up the ladder are getting filthy rich off of them, so why make them legal?
Old 02-26-2013, 18:12   #98
ditto1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post

Wait a sec here. You've had "a few friends murdered?" Wow. May I ask where they lived, how old they were and how many is "a few?"

I had a shirt-tail relative by marriage who was murdered, but that's it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-26-2013, 20:33   #99
scottyd2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
I can only speak for myself and of my own experiences.

In every case where I needed a gun, the BG was a black man.

For a couple of years of my childhood, I lived in a mostly black neighborhood and was a victim of racism frequently. I had to learn how to fight to survive. Back in those days there didn't seem to be as many guns on the street. That was before everybody wanted to be a gangsta and carry a gun because they saw it in a rap video.

Even in Navy boot camp at Great Lakes I had a confrontation and almost a beat down in my own company with guys who were in Chicago gangs before enlisting.

One day I was in a car full of women and got off the interstate in an unknown area to get gas. At the first light our car was surrounded by angry black youts rocking the car and threatening us while trying to open the doors. At the time I would have given a nut for a gun.

Over the next decade or more I never felt the need for a gun.

Years later I was retiring from the military and had to move out of base housing during the height of the real estate boom. The only neighborhood we could afford without forcing our kids to change school districts was at least half black. There was a lot of crime and a white man got beat almost to death by a black mob at the convenience store next to the neighborhood. He was in a coma for two months and then had brain damage. He was a business man on his way home from work and just stopped to get milk. There were frequent smash and grabs of cars. Lots of assaults and some rapes after dark. The house on the corner of my street with a cul-de-sac got raided by a SWAT team for selling crack. A friend of mine was kidnapped while getting out of his car by two black guys and forced to drive to an ATM. We didn't go outside without a gun until we finally moved away to another nearby city. That was in the Green Run neighborhood in Virginia Beach, not Compton.

I'll just say that of all the times I have feared for my life it has been because of some black thug.

In the Hampton Roads news, there are frequently stories of black on black shootings, many over disrespect at a party or after leaving a club. I rarely hear of whites getting into a shooting around here unless they were the victim. In parts of Hampton Roads blacks get shot by other blacks on a daily basis.

That's why I got my CHP and carry.

I think its a culture problem where fathers are missing from son's lives.

In every case I've had to pull a gun it was another white guy. But I live in area not so populated with blacks (12%).
Here they do break more laws and get by with much more crime un-punished.

Although I have to agree with you 100%, Blacks "IN GENERAL" are VERY racist. Notice I did not say all of them, but most of them just plain HATE white people, they are smart enough to know in society that they are outnumbered and don't show the HATE often.

3 or 4 blacks beating up a white kid is common and NEVER makes the news, yet the rare times that 3 or 4 whites beat up a black kid it's all over the media, local and national.

I think it's the liberal media fueling the hate, for black to dislike whites.

The Gun problem is not a black problem, but the Gun laws are strictly related to racism. To Berry and all his liberal buddies, the Gun laws will disarm those white trash redneck hicks, who drive trucks. Or just plain anyone white. It is his or their WAR on whites.

If by statistics over 50% of blacks commit violent crimes, then they are not allowed to have guns, and it makes sense to just disarm the rest of the population (in Obama's eye's and his liberal friends).

In doing so, you empower blacks more, cause white mostly obey the laws, and blacks will carry their 9mm's.
They can carry with much more ease as
the "RACE DISCRIMINATION" will be played if police want to search yjr black guy for a gun.

This is why the black gangs in the big cities run free, often killing and getting by with it. The liberal politicians enact those laws.

The Dream of every liberal and esp Obama is to totally disarm whites and give blacks guns. the next best thing in Obama's view is to outlaw all guns and full confiscation. Thus in say 15 or so years, no white citizen has guns, but the gangs still will be free. and they will have them with the drug shipments.
This is the best quick way in the libs view to shift power to minorities.

it is the liberals fault, not the blacks though. you give any group power or an advantage, and they will take it

Every white kid shot by a black is music to Obama and his people. It is sickening, but he hasn't been going to a super racist HATEFUL black panther HATE church for 20+ years for nothing.

the Gun laws are tied to racial issues. and if you look at it, they are the 2 most important things (By far)to the liberals and the media.
scottyd2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 22:22   #100
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Most definitely!

The druggies always bring up alcohol prohibition as an excuse for just giving up on the drug problem.

Imagine if the government would have just fought harder and succeeded in keeping alcohol illegal. Just think of the lives and families that would have been saved.

For that reason we cannot give up on drugs just because it may appear that we're losing the battle. Have we become a nation of losers, who quit when the going gets tough?

The illegal drug trade in this country is the primary cause of the gun and gang violence we have. Get a handle on drugs and the gun problem, crime problem and gang problem will solve its self.

We can't just give up because a few pot heads want to get high. Obviously they have no respect for the lives of others, and just want their own needs fulfilled.

The face of American Fascism

Wraps oneself in the flag and loathe the Constitution at the same time.

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-26-2013 at 22:22..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote