GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28   #126
LAWDOGKMS
Senior Member
 
LAWDOGKMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: TX
Posts: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyinglylongname View Post
Not everyone is a "druggie" who has the opinion that the drug laws and particularly the drug war needs to be ended. Some of us formerly worked in law enforcement. As a narcotic detector dog handler in particular.
I have the very strong conviction that the cost of enforcing these laws is ridiculous and the existence of those laws has created environmental impacts in the form of ecological disaster areas where illegal meth labs have been built and used.
The number of people gunned down by drug thugs, either the ones with the sagging pants or the ones with badges, is outrageous.
Drug laws are so successful we have had to have our freedoms stripped away from us because police can't do their jobs without:
Asset seizure and forfeiture laws
Masked intruders making midnight raids into private dwellings.
Workplace drug testing because they need help from business
Weakened search and seizure laws because without them the bad guys get away
The list goes on and on. I for one would rather have a few folks down the street smoking weed than have a JBT on every corner.
Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. Law enforcement needs to learn a little about human nature.
You were no cop if you're now using the term "JBT"..
LAWDOGKMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26   #127
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,633
I think that Democrat politicians are racist for pushing gun control. Gun control seems to affect minorities disproportionately if you consider the fact that licensing and training costs as well as transportation to required training and government offices could create a hardship for poor minorities, which would make it more difficult to defend themselves legally. We have also heard that the reason why states can't demand voter ID is because it could affect minorities. How is this any different when considering gun control and ID, and FOID cards in IL? The gun control legislation that is being pushed that would tax gun sales and ammunition would also further hinder poor minorities from being able to defend themselves.

Gun control began with Democrats and the KKK trying to prevent blacks from having the means to defend themselves and continues today with gun control laws that affect the poor and those living in high crime areas like Chicago the most.

Last edited by Chesafreak; 02-28-2013 at 08:28..
Chesafreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33   #128
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 31,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
Gun control began with Democrats and the KKK trying to prevent blacks from having the means to defend themselves and continues today with gun control laws that affect the poor and those living in high crime areas like Chicago the most.
I don't even recall at this point if this link was posted earlier -- in any case, it bears repeating:

http://joemiller.us/2013/02/frederic...m_medium=email

These folks do "get it"...

.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39   #129
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
I don't even recall at this point if this link was posted earlier -- in any case, it bears repeating:

http://joemiller.us/2013/02/frederic...m_medium=email

These folks do "get it"...

.
Sadly, I don't think most Democrats "get it". I have given up on trying to use logic with liberals when discussing gun control. When I talk about how gun control and its history is racist and give examples beginning with the KKK and ending with recent examples, they suddenly "get it". They never realize just how racist their party is because their party is too busy calling conservatives racists and they believe their politicians as well as liberal media.
Chesafreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59   #130
English
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Posts: 5,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGun View Post
Yes.

If prohibition was successful, our society would be better for it.

Most people have a subconscious death drive and will destroy themselves with anything they can get their hands on.

It would of been one less self-destructive tool available.
This is a policy that seeks to force people into an ideal mold. Socialism does precisely that!

It was discovered long ago that some policies are futile. The result in a few countries was the right to freedom of religion. The great thing about almost all religions is that they think all other religions are wrong. That produces a general tendency to force your own religion onto others if you have the power to do so. There is a ten thousand year history behind precisely this. Not until 1688 did a government decide that it had never worked and would never work and achieved nothing more that bloodshed and the destruction of wealth. They produced a Bill of Rights that prevented the government from interfering with a individual's choice of religion.

It would undoubtedly be better if there were no drugs and no alcohol but they exist and will not go away. Many people will continue to want social drugs and will take dangerous risks to get them. This is reality and we need to live with it in a strategically sensible way rather than pretending that it can be changed. Trying to change reality is a game for fools.

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08   #131
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well, the mafia didn't quit killing people when prohibition ended. What would be the basis of a theory that drug dealers would quit killing people if drugs were legalized?
Would they quit being sociopaths?
Your argument defeats itself.

The mafia didn't quit killing people when ALCOHOL prohibition ended...because prohibition didn't end. When alcohol became legal that area instantly became unprofitable to them, but prohibition was still going on in other areas - gambling, drugs and prostitution being big ones. They just moved on to other black markets caused by other forms of prohibition. Rather than refuting the prohibition/legalization argument, you prove it.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 15:52   #132
FloridaGun
-> 10mm <-
 
FloridaGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
This is a policy that seeks to force people into an ideal mold. Socialism does precisely that!

It would undoubtedly be better if there were no drugs and no alcohol but they exist and will not go away. Many people will continue to want social drugs and will take dangerous risks to get them. This is reality and we need to live with it in a strategically sensible way rather than pretending that it can be changed. Trying to change reality is a game for fools.
Are you kidding me??

This thinking of people should be able to completely self destruct either rapidly or over a period of time without intervention to save that person is doing a disservice to those people.

It's funny how alot of people are on either extremes when it comes to this topic. I truly do believe that either extreme produces terrible results!

We as a nation must be somewhere in the middle inbetween the extremes to achieve the best results!

Think about it, do you want to live in the extreme where 20yr olds are destroying themselves with crack and mothers are killing their unborn children on a whim!

Or do you want to be in a society where everyone is essentially wrapped in bubble wrap by the government to "protect us from ourselves"? With next to no personal liberty?

Those who have mental and moral clarity will agree... We must be very middle of the road on the issue of personal liberty!
__________________
10mm - The All-Purpose Round

-FloridaGlockers #500 -Kalashnikov Klub #51

GOA and NRA Lifetime Member
FloridaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:09   #133
English
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Posts: 5,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGun View Post
Are you kidding me??

This thinking of people should be able to completely self destruct either rapidly or over a period of time without intervention to save that person is doing a disservice to those people.

It's funny how alot of people are on either extremes when it comes to this topic. I truly do believe that either extreme produces terrible results!

We as a nation must be somewhere in the middle inbetween the extremes to achieve the best results!

Think about it, do you want to live in the extreme where 20yr olds are destroying themselves with crack and mothers are killing their unborn children on a whim!

Or do you want to be in a society where everyone is essentially wrapped in bubble wrap by the government to "protect us from ourselves"? With next to no personal liberty?

Those who have mental and moral clarity will agree... We must be very middle of the road on the issue of personal liberty!
No I am not kidding you at all.

Firstly, I did say we should deal with these problems in a strategically sensible way. That is, a way which will achieve the desired end and in particular will not make the problem worse.

Secondly, we have lived through too many generations where selection has been far too week. You seem to believe that humanity can survive while going against the realities of biology. The sooner many people are left to self destruct the better! We do not owe these people a service to save them from themselves. We do need to provide decent education for all who can take advantage of it because a technological democracy cannot survive without that basis. That education should include the dangers of drugs and alcohol in graphic terms. Those who cannot survive by their own means after that, apart from temporary emergencies must depend on their families and not on the charity of the tax payer funded state. Those who are too tender minded to live with this will find plenty of charities to give money to.

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:32   #134
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The problem is predominantly one of young, inner city minorities shooting one another. This is the result of 100 years of liberal Progressive welfare policies that have destroyed the family unit.

It is hard to commit street corner violence at 1am when you've been working all day and have to be at work at 7am the next morning.
This! You don't get in midnight gunfights if you are in bed by 10 PM because you have to work the following day. However, if all you have to do to be fed is pick up your EBT card at noon and swipe it at the store.....then you have a bit more time to play with.......
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43   #135
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Your argument defeats itself.

The mafia didn't quit killing people when ALCOHOL prohibition ended...because prohibition didn't end. When alcohol became legal that area instantly became unprofitable to them, but prohibition was still going on in other areas - gambling, drugs and prostitution being big ones. They just moved on to other black markets caused by other forms of prohibition. Rather than refuting the prohibition/legalization argument, you prove it.
Almost all of the career criminals I have interacted with (LCN mafia included), and an I have dealt with a lot of them, have been sociopaths. What law can you pass to make them quit being sociopaths? Maybe you can move them around, as far as what crimes they commit, but unless you repeal all criminal laws, they are still going to be committing crimes.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59   #136
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,792


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Almost all of the career criminals I have interacted with (LCN mafia included), and an I have dealt with a lot of them, have been sociopaths. What law can you pass to make them quit being sociopaths? Maybe you can move them around, as far as what crimes they commit, but unless you repeal all criminal laws, they are still going to be committing crimes.
Sociopath does not automatically equal crime does it? The world needs sociopaths.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:06   #137
Annoyinglylongname
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 95
[QUOTE=LAWDOGKMS;20040553]You were no cop if you're now using the term "JBT"..[/QUOTE

It's a good thing you are in law enforcement, your deductive reasoning is so flawed as to make being a criminal in your jurisdiction a lucrative and low risk endeavor.
I use the term because I am quite familiar with the exact type of officer that lives to exert his power over others.
They have no respect for themselves so they use their office and authority to attempt to extract it from others.
The fact that so many of these losers exist on various police forces and the good cops don't flip on them but instead close ranks on any external accusation of wrongdoings is, in my view, an indictment against the profession.
I see little evidence to the contrary, although I acknowledge there are exceptions.
Annoyinglylongname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18   #138
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGun View Post
Yes.

If prohibition was successful, our society would be better for it.
The flaw being, of course, that prohibition can't be successful.

That is, unless you consider a society like Saudi Arabia's better than ours.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:50   #139
ditto1958
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The problem is predominantly one of young, inner city minorities shooting one another. This is the result of 100 years of liberal Progressive welfare policies that have destroyed the family unit.

It is hard to commit street corner violence at 1am when you've been working all day and have to be at work at 7am the next morning.
I can't understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to understand. Excellent point!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:04   #140
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Almost all of the career criminals I have interacted with (LCN mafia included), and an I have dealt with a lot of them, have been sociopaths. What law can you pass to make them quit being sociopaths? Maybe you can move them around, as far as what crimes they commit, but unless you repeal all criminal laws, they are still going to be committing crimes.
You can't stop people form being sociopaths but you can repeal laws that make it easy for them to get rich and powerful.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 13:03   #141
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,792


Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You can't stop people form being sociopaths but you can repeal laws that make it easy for them to get rich and powerful.
Without sociopaths the world would be a worse place.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 14:33   #142
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You can't stop people form being sociopaths but you can repeal laws that make it easy for them to get rich and powerful.
What's your basis for that opinion? Do you realize think that most of the CEOs of most of the world's corporations are not probably sociopaths.

I don't blame people for wanting a pollyanna world, only for thinking they can get one by giving criminals what they want, and thinking they won't then want more.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 03-01-2013 at 14:34..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 15:03   #143
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,792


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
What's your basis for that opinion? Do you realize think that most of the CEOs of most of the world's corporations are not probably sociopaths.

I don't blame people for wanting a pollyanna world, only for thinking they can get one by giving criminals what they want, and thinking they won't then want more.
See I'd disagree. I'd bet most of them are. I think it's a trait that probably is very common among preeminent leaders. A necessary one.

The irony of muscogee's post is that he fails to see how he's served by it. People like him blame their failures on others. He's relegated to leech status because someone else caused it.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 20:10   #144
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen
 
SpectreRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoFla... want to move to America.
Posts: 912
If the entire population committed murder at the rate of whites, Chicago would have had 64 murders in 2012 instead of 512. If the entire population committed murder at the rate of the black segment of the population, there would have been 1200 murders in 2012.

The data to back it up is here. VVV

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1470229
__________________
Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more. -neil peart
What too many in America are missing is a sense of personal responsibility. -me
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 21:59   #145
TxGun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Family ranch in Texas
Posts: 1,972
The OP basically has it correct, however it would be more accurate to say '"the gun problem" is primarily a "black problem"'. That data is available and it's conclusive.
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 22:42   #146
ditto1958
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGun View Post
The OP basically has it correct, however it would be more accurate to say '"the gun problem" is primarily a "black problem"'. That data is available and it's conclusive.
Yes, except that if, as SpectreRider explains above, if the entire population committed murders at the rates whites commit them, we wouldn't even be talking about a "gun problem."
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 22:51   #147
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 6,569
~ Average IQ of Countries ~


http://www.sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 23:40   #148
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,792


Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGun View Post
Are you kidding me??

This thinking of people should be able to completely self destruct either rapidly or over a period of time without intervention to save that person is doing a disservice to those people.

You can't be serious?

Who exactly do I owe "service" to?

Quote:
Or do you want to be in a society where everyone is essentially wrapped in bubble wrap by the government to "protect us from ourselves"? With next to no personal liberty?
And then you contradict yourself here by talking about personal liberty.

Quote:
Those who have mental and moral clarity will agree... We must be very middle of the road on the issue of personal liberty!
And now we're "middle of the road" on personal liberty?



People who think this way are frightening.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:23   #149
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Well we are very much middle of the road between North Korea and anarchy. ao nguc annie do lot nam goi cam bo cho be cac loai quan ao ban buon vest cong so cho thue trang phuc da hoi
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.
Do lot Do so sinh Ban buon quan ao Chup anh cho be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:44..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:17   #150
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,716
Blog Entries: 1


The only difference is food.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:49.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,463
406 Members
1,057 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42