Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2013, 14:03   #141
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You can't stop people form being sociopaths but you can repeal laws that make it easy for them to get rich and powerful.
Without sociopaths the world would be a worse place.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 15:33   #142
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You can't stop people form being sociopaths but you can repeal laws that make it easy for them to get rich and powerful.
What's your basis for that opinion? Do you realize think that most of the CEOs of most of the world's corporations are not probably sociopaths.

I don't blame people for wanting a pollyanna world, only for thinking they can get one by giving criminals what they want, and thinking they won't then want more.

Last edited by series1811; 03-01-2013 at 15:34..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:03   #143
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
What's your basis for that opinion? Do you realize think that most of the CEOs of most of the world's corporations are not probably sociopaths.

I don't blame people for wanting a pollyanna world, only for thinking they can get one by giving criminals what they want, and thinking they won't then want more.
See I'd disagree. I'd bet most of them are. I think it's a trait that probably is very common among preeminent leaders. A necessary one.

The irony of muscogee's post is that he fails to see how he's served by it. People like him blame their failures on others. He's relegated to leech status because someone else caused it.
Old 03-01-2013, 21:10   #144
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

If the entire population committed murder at the rate of whites, Chicago would have had 64 murders in 2012 instead of 512. If the entire population committed murder at the rate of the black segment of the population, there would have been 1200 murders in 2012.

The data to back it up is here. VVV

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1470229
SpectreRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 22:59   #145
TxGun

The OP basically has it correct, however it would be more accurate to say '"the gun problem" is primarily a "black problem"'. That data is available and it's conclusive.
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 23:42   #146
ditto1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGun View Post
The OP basically has it correct, however it would be more accurate to say '"the gun problem" is primarily a "black problem"'. That data is available and it's conclusive.
Yes, except that if, as SpectreRider explains above, if the entire population committed murders at the rates whites commit them, we wouldn't even be talking about a "gun problem."
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 23:51   #147
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

~ Average IQ of Countries ~

http://www.sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 00:40   #148
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGun View Post
Are you kidding me??

This thinking of people should be able to completely self destruct either rapidly or over a period of time without intervention to save that person is doing a disservice to those people.

You can't be serious?

Who exactly do I owe "service" to?

Quote:
Or do you want to be in a society where everyone is essentially wrapped in bubble wrap by the government to "protect us from ourselves"? With next to no personal liberty?
And then you contradict yourself here by talking about personal liberty.

Quote:
Those who have mental and moral clarity will agree... We must be very middle of the road on the issue of personal liberty!
And now we're "middle of the road" on personal liberty?

People who think this way are frightening.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:23   #149
Syclone538

Well we are very much middle of the road between North Korea and anarchy. ao nguc annie do lot nam goi cam bo cho be cac loai quan ao ban buon vest cong so cho thue trang phuc da hoi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.

Last edited by Syclone538; 05-15-2013 at 05:44..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:17   #150
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

The only difference is food.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:36   #151
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post

Political Issues

Political Issues

Doc44
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24   #152
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
See I'd disagree. I'd bet most of them are. I think it's a trait that probably is very common among preeminent leaders. A necessary one.

The irony of muscogee's post is that he fails to see how he's served by it. People like him blame their failures on others. He's relegated to leech status because someone else caused it.
That was a poorly written post, on a computer that logs me out of GT when I try to edit.

I meant that CEOs, high ranking government officials, and most military of general rank, are sociopaths, and out of necessity. Otherwise, how could they live with the decisions that are absolutely necessary for them to carry out as part of their job, if they allowed empathy and compassion for those who would suffer to affect them? How could you order an attack on an enemy stronghold, knowing that dozens of families were going to be destryed forever, if you had empathy? How could you lay off 20,000 people, who hadn't done anything wrong, and destroy their lives, if you had empathy? I hate to say it, but I saw it where I worked and even in myself in some ways, because of what my job made it necessary for me to do.

I didn't think this up. It was pointed out to me in training by a psychologist who was contracted to work with these very people for many years. Not all sociopaths are evil, but all sociopaths operate with no or little empathy for others, and with great concern for themselves.

Most of our laws are designed to try and make people not act like people act with no controls over them. Sometimes, it works better on certain people than others. The only thing that affects sociopath's behavior is the possibility that their behavior may negative affect themselves. That's what the law does, and rules do.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:25   #153
ditto1958

Quote:

I meant that CEOs, high ranking government officials, and most military of general rank, are sociopaths, and out of necessity. Otherwise, how could they live with the decisions that are absolutely necessary for them to carry out as part of their job, if they allowed empathy and compassion for those who would suffer to affect them? How could you order an attack on an enemy stronghold, knowing that dozens of families were going to be destryed forever, if you had empathy? How could you lay off 20,000 people, who hadn't done anything wrong, and destroy their lives, if you had empathy? I hate to say it, but I saw it where I worked and even in myself in some ways, because of what my job made it necessary for me to do.
With all due respect, I can't disagree more. Despite what a psychologist may have told you, you are incorrectly labeling a whole lot of folks as sociopaths. One does not become a sociopath "out of necessity."

Moreover, true sociopaths have difficulty with school and work, and are thus unlikely to ever rise to the level of being a CEO of a large company.

As for having to make decisions to lay off thousands of employees. Yes, that kind of a job is not for everyone, just as not everyone is suited to be an officer who leads troops into combat in war.

The truth is, though, that the CEO who is forced to lay off employees works for the shareholders of corporations. The owners of the stock in those companies is not just rich folks. It's actually also people like you and me who have pensions, 401(k) plans and IRA's that are invested in stocks, bonds and mutual funds. I sure would not have to be the guy who has to decide to lay off workers to keep the company afloat. That's probably a big reason why I am not in a position like that. But making those decisions does not require one to be a sociopath. Nor can you assume that the person making the decision has no remorse for having to do it.
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:30   #154
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
With all due respect, I can't disagree more. Despite what a psychologist may have told you, you are incorrectly labeling a whole lot of folks as sociopaths. One does not become a sociopath "out of necessity."

Moreover, true sociopaths have difficulty with school and work, and are thus unlikely to ever rise to the level of being a CEO of a large company.

As for having to make decisions to lay off thousands of employees. Yes, that kind of a job is not for everyone, just as not everyone is suited to be an officer who leads troops into combat in war.

The truth is, though, that the CEO who is forced to lay off employees works for the shareholders of corporations. The owners of the stock in those companies is not just rich folks. It's actually also people like you and me who have pensions, 401(k) plans and IRA's that are invested in stocks, bonds and mutual funds. I sure would not have to be the guy who has to decide to lay off workers to keep the company afloat. That's probably a big reason why I am not in a position like that. But making those decisions does not require one to be a sociopath. Nor can you assume that the person making the decision has no remorse for having to do it.
Okay. Examine the reason why you don't think you would like to be in that position. What is it about laying off workers to keep a company afloat that would bother you?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04   #155
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
That was a poorly written post, on a computer that logs me out of GT when I try to edit.

I didn't think this up. It was pointed out to me in training by a psychologist who was contracted to work with these very people for many years. Not all sociopaths are evil, but all sociopaths operate with no or little empathy for others, and with great concern for themselves.

Most of our laws are designed to try and make people not act like people act with no controls over them. Sometimes, it works better on certain people than others. The only thing that affects sociopath's behavior is the possibility that their behavior may negative affect themselves. That's what the law does, and rules do.
Yes we're in complete agreement.

It was just the other day that my wife and I were talking about something and I said, "I have enough sociopath in me to do it."
Old 03-02-2013, 15:28   #156
English

Quote:

Both frightening and fascinating.

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 18:09   #157
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:

And while the Chinese are studying genes and IQ to improve their genetic health, the West is pushing dysgenics at an alarming rate.

We are too rich to care…for now…
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 18:26   #158
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Unfortunately, the predominant philosophy of western culture renders us incapable of serious purpose when discussing such issues as race and intelligence (or of racial differences more broadly).

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 19:35   #159
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Ufgood View Post
Are boring NBA games a black problem?
No, they still get paid.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 20:04   #160
certifiedfunds