Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2013, 19:45   #61
BMiracletx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
10mm
Yeehaw, huh! Love playing with 10mm... of course the pig in my avatar didn't like my 10mm....
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:05   #62
ezthumper

Saw a video (on VHS btw, not sure the year, but the 80's I think) on the Glock. They dropped it in a stream or something, fished it out and continued to engage a target.

The first time I saw it, I thought it looked like a black euro lego brick....It was beautiful. I fell in love with it immediately.

I have a Glock 23 and a 19c. Bought a .357 sig barrel for the 23, and been having a great time.

It is dependable, easy to clean, service and carry. Very accurate and a pleasure to use.
ezthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:07   #63
rolltide_pisco
NRA Life Member

The Gen4 sold me. When you're a left handed person living a right handed world and a company offers a reliable firearm used by many and makes it lefty-friendly, you sold me on it.

I do try and shoot em alot and they feel good anyways.
rolltide_pisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:21   #64
Gloctoberfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide_pisco View Post
The Gen4 sold me. When you're a left handed person living a right handed world and a company offers a reliable firearm used by many and makes it lefty-friendly, you sold me on it.

I do try and shoot em alot and they feel good anyways.
Seconded. Lefty here as well, flipped the magazine release the first day. So far no BTF with my gen4 23.
Gloctoberfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:25   #65
1canvas

I wanted a reliable gun right out of the box that was near rustproof. my first was a G23 in 08, then in 09 a G27, and today I bought a G30sf. maybe one day a 19 for a range gun.
Old 02-20-2013, 20:41   #66
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
It's like a Toyota. But it's a gun.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:44   #67
wsucougs8

for me it was after carrying my wife's G27 and realizing how nice it was to carry something that compact, and trustworthy. I own an FNP 45 which is quite large to conceal. And my wife is showing more interest in carrying her 27 more often, so I purchased a G30 Saturday and thing it is the best thing since sliced bread. The only thing I may have slipped on is I hear the G30 gen 4 allows for the magazine release to be installed on the opposite side, appeasing us left handed shooters? I am so used to releasing the mag with my left middle finger that it really doesn't bother me at all.
wsucougs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 22:23   #68
Smooth_squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiracletx View Post
Smooth_squeeze, by no means was that my intent and I apologize to you if I made you feel that way. Sometimes intentions can be misunderstood over the internet. I am sorry that you feel I was "talking down" to you. My intent was not to sound patronizing either. I wish there was a smiley to extend a handshake!
Sir, thank you for the kind reply. And please accept a very firm handshake from me. Thanks again.
Smooth_squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 22:36   #69
BMiracletx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth_squeeze View Post
Sir, thank you for the kind reply. And please accept a very firm handshake from me. Thanks again.
Cool man... accepted in return!
Old 02-20-2013, 23:37   #70
tilefish

I started out with the XD-9, a great gun by all means but I moved on to a Kahr K9. While I never sell the Kahr, the XD was gathering cobb webs. Recently my g/f got into shooting (she already owns an LCR and an SR22) and she wanted to rent a G26. She loved it and so did I. While the 26 is a little small for me, I started checking out the G19 and decided I needed one.

However if I had to point to one thing, it would be the trigger reset.
tilefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 23:41   #71
BMiracletx

Cant go wrong with a 19 or a 26. There ahs been some issues with the gen4s, so my advice is try and get a gen3. They are still being made.
Old 02-20-2013, 23:48   #72
Whazoo

They work and are hard to break - plus easy to detial strip and clean..if you shoot a lot this is an important feature...
Whazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 23:49   #73
tilefish

Quote:
Cant go wrong with a 19 or a 26. There ahs been some issues with the gen4s, so my advice is try and get a gen3. They are still being made.

That's exactly what we did, I ordered a G26 for her and a G19 for me, both Gen 3. I was initially leaning towards Gen 4 for the simple reason that she is left handed however Gen 4 Glocks are impossible find in these parts. No LGS I could find would even accept an order/wait list.

I found a G19, they said that they could get a G26 pretty quick, I called the g/f who indicated that the mag release was not a big deal so I jumped on them. Pick them up Friday.
tilefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 00:00   #74
BMiracletx

Cool! You will enjoy them!
Old 02-21-2013, 00:33   #75
WayneJessie

I found a NIB Gen3 G19 just before the craze at a price I just could not pass up. I got on the bandwagon then and will get off just as soon as it sells. Any future Glock I may buy will only be a clean, used Gen2 G19.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:52   #76
Smooth_squeeze

Quote:
I love my Glock 17 with a chopped grip so it takes G26 mags. Performed a grip reduction on it, removed the humps, stippled it. Shoots great. Has the longer sight radius I like, with much of the G26's compactness. Warren Sevigny carry sights, Ghost lightning connector, trigger job with shortened and lightened trigger pull (right at 4 1/4 lbs), with trigger overtravel basically eliminated, 15 lb. RSA, extended mag release stippled to reduce it's height a bit and to give a larger purchase area, etc... So while my G17 was "perfection embodied", there's nothing a little personalization won't help a bit. And the gun still takes the full length mags, and with a spacer installed on the mag, and reshaped, and stippled, the doggone gun feels way better than when it came. Due to the great variety of aftermarket parts and accessories, the Glock is the way to go, or one of the ways to go, for those who like "improving" their stuff.

For these reasons and more, especially the "it goes bang when I press the bang button", a Glock is the right choice. Also, mine is a Gen 3. Yes, Gen 3 is the way to go, from my perspective.
Smooth_squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:16   #77
phil evans

g26g4, REMxxx, 2/2/11,
the deal maker - ambidextrous.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54   #78
sk2324us

I became a Glock fan in 1986 or 1987 when I could put a 17 in a holster with 17 rounds and it weighed less than the Colt .38spl Diamondback my PD issued. I have attended Armorer schools at Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Remington, and Glock. (I was our department armorer for 20 years) Back then everything was hand fitted. (1970, 1972, 1974) When I found out a dozen glocks could be taken apart, put all the parts in a bag and shake them up and put all 12 back together with no hand fitting, how liberating. Over the years I am now up to 7 Glock models, and if wasn't on a retirement income would have more. All Glock owners would benifit if they learned to shoot the Glock as it came from the maker. Also, they are not bullseye guns, they are combat guns. Been shooting competively since 1965. Twice was invited to try out for the US Olympic Pistol Team. Both times came in 15th out of 110 shooters. (At that time only 2 people were on the US Pistol team).
sk2324us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00   #79
RoughTexturedTrav
Spenser4Hire

My first pistol was sig p238 i bought for carry and my second was a SA Mil Spec i bought for the nightstand. I went to the range with my Ssgt who had just gotten in some shooting trouble with some home invaders (He shot them both) and he swore by his old glock 22 and 27. I figured what the hell and got a gen 3 G22 with night sights and I've never looked back. Eight glocks later they are still the only semi auto i don't sell to a friend. Also don't get me started about when i discovered my first RTF2 Gills model years ago!

Chesty Puller USMC
RoughTexturedTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16   #80
SpookyEng

Quote:
Funny you say that... I have an FDE G17 in my night stand, my wife has a Beretta 92 M9... she likes shooting it and shoots it better than she does a Glock... so thats the one she wanted in her drawer.
My wife feels the same way, she's an Army vet and grew up on the M9. I was in the market for a carry pistol to augment my PPK/S. After years of shooting my .357 S&W (6 in barrel, not carry friendly but man is that puppy accurate, It was my first handgun bought it back in 83). I tried the 23 and fell in love, a few weeks later I picked up a 22, I like the fact you can just get the larger mags to stock up for when the SHTF. I am thinking maybe a baby .40 is in my future
SpookyEng is offline   Reply With Quote