GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:45   #101
stutzd

For me it was a few months ago. My wife and I are getting our CCL and I wanted to get her a gun for carry. Went to local gun store to get her one and I wanted to get a 40 cal. I already own a Ruger P95 and wanted to jump up to the 40's. They had one Glock a G23 gen 4 put it in my hand and was sold. Love the trigger reset and how light it is. Looking to add 2 more would like to add G30, and G29 to my collection. Love that G23 shoots beautifully .
stutzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 15:12   #102
kingrex

I have a tendency to research (extensively) before I purchase just about anything of real value. To me its half the fun but it can drive some folks (the wife) a little crazy. I concluded that there is no better value for the money than a glock. No semi-auto pistol is easier to use or maintain. No semi-auto pistol is more reliable. I went out and bought the G21. Yeah, I researched the heck out of ammo too. It has performed as advertised and is my home defense weapon. My G33 is my ccw. I trust them both with my life. That is the biggest compliment you can make regarding any weapon. I currently own H&Ks, Sigs, and Colt 1911s and can't make that same claim with them. They are fine range guns but I won't use them to defend my life as I would the Glocks. Nuff said.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 16:04   #103
BLACKMAGICK

Reliability, ease of field strip, price and reliability.

Did I mention reliability?

Started with my first in 2008 a G21 (Gen 3) and now have that, two G20's (one Gen 3 and one Gen 2, a 19 (Gen 3 w/NIB-X finish) and two Gen 3 27's one of which is in OD
BLACKMAGICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 13:33   #104
jhardy

I've always been partial to S&W revolvers and Colt 1911's. I spent many years hauling other people's valuables, and always carried a 1911 cocked and locked. it was what I knew and was comfortable with. When our company went to a double action requirement I went to a S&W 645, the closest I could find to what I had, everybody else swore by Glocks, but I was damned if I was going to get one of those impersonal "Blocks".About six or seven years ago decided we needed a house gun my wife could handle (she's tiny, 4'11"), got a Sig CPO 226 and had nothing but trouble, and the customer service was abysmal. Next choice was a G 17. She loves it, I love it, and I've since bought another G17 in OD, a G19, a G23 with an extra 32 barrel and a G36. I guess you can call me a convert, and the " Block's " ain't all that bad after all.
jhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 14:34   #105
CC Vegas

I knew people that had Glocks and had heard the "plastic gun" trash talk, but after shooing a few thousand rounds out of my Ruger P90dc (.40), I decided that plastic guns weren't so bad. I was able to sell that Ruger and a Sig P230S (.380) for enough to pay for a great deal I got on a Sig 220, which I still love. But after shooting her little Glock I was amazed at how well I could shoot that thing, way better than my P230 so I decided I'd get a Glock myself.

What I did get was a G33 and then a LWD 9mm barrel for it, so I can shoot it cheap or fill it with .357sig goodness. Next I got a G34 and man that thing is like cheating. I usually get some "nice shooting" comments when I'm at the public range and I just say "thanks", and all the while I thinking how much better their shooting could get if they had a G34.

I also have a Springfield XD45 tact on my nightstand with a light. It's way to heavy to CCW, but I like the grip safety if I'm fumbling for it in the dark. OTOH, the simplicity of the G33 is just pull-aim-trigger press, exactly what I want in a high stress situation.

Different tools for different jobs.
CC Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 14:35   #106
basicblues

For me it was my CCW instructor who happened to be old school law enforcement officer, trainer and certified self proclaimed gun nut historian (and still is all of those).

From what I understand, he received a couple of Glocks to test, no serial numbers on either. Initially, hated the thought of a plastic handgun but when it came time to give the test guns back, he was sold on Glock and couldn't wait to get one that he could actually keep.

Then listening to all his stories of training for multiple agencies at every level during these all day shoot sessions. Every firearm brand imaginable represented, at the end of the day... It was the Glock that was still functioning 100%. I remember him saying, it rattles, you can even see light through it but when it counts - Bang...

Needless to say, I knew I would buying one soon when I left class that day and about a week or so later, I did and haven't looked back once.

Last edited by basicblues; 04-03-2013 at 14:37..
basicblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 15:06   #107
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
it was a G21 when they first came out don't know the year ... and the glock plant is up the road from me . no need to ship it out if it was to break ...
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:46   #108
overmanjh

Gen 4 21 changed my mind

My first experience with a Glock was a G22 back in the late 90s some time. I really wasn't impressed, not sure what it was about that pistol but I didn't like the trigger feel. Not the pull but the actual feel of the trigger on my finger. Any ways, I didn't shoot another Glock until 2010, I was at the range with one of my buddies and shot his gen 2 G22. I liked the way his shot and I was in the market for a 45acp so I started looking at the G21s. Spring of 2011 I picked up my first Glock a Gen 4 G21. Love it. It is my first but will most certainly not be my last. Once I get back state side I'll be in the market for either a G26 or G27 for conceal carry.
overmanjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22   #109
E'villeGunner

For me I had won a raffle at a Friends of NRA gun raffle/auction banquet. Was a Model 22 with night sites. Has a serial # starting with NRA. My latest was a Model 30sf I was high bidder at an auction for $550. The 30sf fits my IWB holster that I use for my Walther PPS. Which is great, so now I can stop looking at all the neat holsters out there.
E'villeGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56   #110
donut1953

It was the Gen4 grip. I just could never get use to the earlier Gen grips. It was perfect when I first held a 19 and now I have added a 23.
donut1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13   #111
21GlockStreet

I rented a Glock 17 in 1989 or 1990 at a range using their reloads. I kept getting jams so that turned me off from Glocks for a long time. My mistake. This was before I had read anything about them and not knowing how picky they were with reloads.
There are 10 reasons why I bought my first Glock in 2002; they come out of the Glock 30. I've loved Glocks ever since.
21GlockStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22   #112
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Boyfriend bought me one for my birthday after I bought him a springfield 1911 for his birthday. I love it, am more accurate with it than any other gun I've ever shot.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!

Last edited by Lady Glock; 04-06-2013 at 18:05.. Reason: noticed an error, oops
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 13:13   #113
Inebriated

The Gen 4's just fit soo much better than any other handgun. Even the M&P's don't quite do it for me.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 15:25   #114
jrd22

A good friend who is a LEO and instructor told me I couldn't go wrong with a Glock. He was right.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson
jrd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 16:08   #115
epdesign

I just bought my first glock.....

I have used them many, many , many times in the past I never really liked the way it felt in my hand but I have huge man hands. Let me say I have owned a lot of hand guns.. and my all time favorite is the 1911 and a nice revolver S&W or colt. all the others have been a constant swap trade or give away type thing.

Having said all of that I'm willing to give this thing a try. Over the last few weeks I have been looking for parts to fit it to my self nothing to drastic new trigger. (the factory trigger is trash) most are being fair. but finding the slid I want is honestly making me want to throw this gun in a river already. if I cant fit it to what I want and like than what's the point of having it?

I'm going to give it an honest shot here we will see if I am on the wagon or not in the next few months .. we will see
epdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 17:05   #116
stumpg26

In 2008 I was looking to get my first handgun for home defense and concealed carry. On a whim I stopped at a gun shop a few towns away. The owner was very helpful and knowledgeable and recommended a G26 that was a police turn in. He told me that I could return it for a full refund within 6 months if I didn't like it. I still have it and always carry it. I shoot it very well and have had no problems other than having to replace the recoil spring assembly, half of the retainer edge broke but the gun still worked. Since then I picked up 3 G19's, 2 Gen 2 and a Gen 3, all police trades for less than $400 each including shipping and transfer. I gave my wife a Gen 2 this past Christmas for her first gun. I've shot a lot of other guns but for me Glock is it because of reliability, accuracy, ease of maintenace and comfort. I prefer 9mm because I have hand problems, I can handle the recoil and follow up shots are right on.
stumpg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 21:42   #117
Trapped_in_Kali

I decided to shop for a 10mm last year and the best option for me was a G20.
Trapped_in_Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:33   #118
mgs
Always Carrying

The US Military going 9mm and the 17 round capacity before the first ban in 1991. Bought plenty of Mags back then. Swore I would never own a Glock until I bought one....now have 7! My favorite is still the G21 and or G23....my first carry Glock.

Last edited by mgs; 04-05-2013 at 08:34..
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 20:31   #119
wolvie1892

IN 1999 when I got my first LE job. I was issued a G22 gen 2. Hooked ever since.
wolvie1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 20:48   #120
FiveToOne

Recent convert; I avoided Glocks for many years... grip angle, blocky feel, lack of manual safety or DA/SA. Picked up a G23 from a friend that was looking to off load it and gave the Glock a chance and now i'm all-aboard the bandwagon. I've also picked up a G19 Gen4 and have a G34 Gen4 on (back)over and i'm sure there will be more Glocks in the future.

I'd also add, the blocky grip I found ended up working equally or even better than some of the ergonomic pistols I've tried. I also really like the low and compact sight picture, overall compactness and the simplicity.

Last edited by FiveToOne; 04-05-2013 at 20:55..
FiveToOne is offline   Reply With Quote