GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2013, 21:58   #141
snowbird.40

I hated Glocks. Every shotgun, rifle and handgun I owned had some kind of 'cool' factor in terms of looks, but the auto pistols were soooo unreliable and Glocks were soooo ugly. I held out until 2004 when I bought a G27. Now, about a dozen Glocks down the road (I've lost count), I own just ONE pistol - a Gen 4 Model 26 - and I absolutely trust this gun with my life. I can also shoot it better than all the other Glocks I've ever pulled a trigger on.

A friend of mine who was active duty Border Patrol at the time told me: "If you do your job with bullet placement, the bullet will do its job, whether it's a 9, a 40, a 45 or something else." Now, I'm a a believer, and when the dust settles after this latest national debate, I'll be well positioned to defend my self, my family, innocents, LEOs in danger mode, and the President of the United States, if necessary.

About 42 years ago, I took an oath to defend the Constitution from enemies, both foreign and domestic, and I will always continue to hold that as a sacred commitment. My G26 is the most reliable tool I can think of to help me uphold that duty.
Old 04-10-2013, 00:27   #142
11BTaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil-Spec View Post
Right place right time, money to spend (good old days). I was stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany in '97-'01 and got my Gen 3 G23 tax-free at the Kaiserslautern Rod & Gun Club. I've thought about trading it in many times over the years to feed my Sig addiction, but my wife always said I should keep it because it's my only Glock. She finally shot it the other day (only took 12 years), and now I'm looking for a Gen 4 G19 for her. :-)

BTW, I put a Grip Force Adapter on it a couple weeks ago and now I wouldn't think of trading it in; what a difference the GFA made for me!
You talking about the Rod and Gun at Vogelweh over by Pulaski? I remember that range well!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:25   #143
Bigfoot of Borg

My first "real" pistol was a Bersa Thunder .380. Before that was a .22 revolver my dad gave me. I was happy with the Berse but wanted to get something with more power and capacity. My father was pretty much anti-Glock at the time, not a fan of combat tupperware, so I overlooked them for more traditional pistols. When I started comparing calibers and guns online they started looking better and better.

For the calibre I decided on the .357 Sig because it looked good on paper and I could swap the barrel to shoot .40. I also wanted something relatively small but big enough to be accurate and easy to get a hold of. The model 32 fit the bill. Also the fact I could get a 20% employee discount at Academy sports was a big plus. Got my gen 3 brand new for about $430 before tax. I love the thing and my dad has even started to come around to the plastic pistols, he now has an XD in .45.
Bigfoot of Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 16:33   #144
btj

I had 2 reasons. First off, I was interested in trying out a 10mm and the general consensus was that the G20 and G29 (which was my eventual choice) were both among the best choices out there for an inexpensive and reliable platform.

Which brings me to my second reason, the aforementioned reliability. While not everyone may like Glock pistols, very few will dispute their record of reliability and toughness.

Thus, my choice was made and I'm very happy with both my G29 and now my new G26.
btj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 16:40   #145
MikeNH

I wanted something reliable, inexpensive and carry friendly in 357 Sig. G32 was the obvious choice to me.
MikeNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 17:51   #146
TheVeryIdea
Cowbell Glocker

I was in the Navy Reserve in the late 1980s and one of the fellows in my unit was the rangemaster for the local police academy. He was able to get our unit onto the range for an afternoon of "military instruction."

Apparently, Phoenix PD had just converted to Glocks, because we all shot G17s that afternoon. After four years of having to qualify on a 1911 A1, the Glock was a godsend! My pudgy, Vienna-sausage fingers could actually reach around the front of the trigger unlike those uncomfortable and heavy 1911s. I suddenly realized what I'd been missing.

It would take almost 20 years before I'd actually purchase one, though. After my dad passed away in late 2006, my brother got his Firestar 9mm, and just handing it over to him reignited my interest in handguns. I started researching and naturally I went straight to Glocks, which had been my last happy exposure to shooting a handgun. A few months later, I was the proud owner of a G17.

I've since bought a new G26 for CCW and a used G36 just for grins. Knowing what I know now and accounting for concealed carry, I might've picked up a G19 instead back then, but nothing says I can't in the future.

Last edited by TheVeryIdea; 04-10-2013 at 17:52..
TheVeryIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 18:38   #147
Simpleman71

Small world I was also stationed in Ramstein and shot at the Vogelweh rod and gun shop.
Simpleman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 18:48   #148
morpheus171

The 10mm platform
morpheus171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 19:42   #149
FrogSwatter

Research led me to what I felt was the most reliable platform.
FrogSwatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 20:27   #150
xray 99

The Tennifer finish.
xray 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:41   #151
Secarob

Easy one here. Everytime I read a review on another gun they were comparing it to a Glock. Simple choice....
Secarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:51   #152
greyeyezz

This post.
http://theprepared.com/content/view/90//administrator/
greyeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36   #153
xnicodemusx
تعال والحصول عل

I like glock because they are the most comfortable hand gun I've fired. Especially the new gen 4's.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43   #154
xnicodemusx
تعال والحصول عل

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyeyezz View Post
Wow!!!!! I new they were extremely rugged but not that rugged!!! I guess I have another reason as to why I choose Glock. Thanks!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 14:43   #155
ditto1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnicodemusx View Post
Wow!!!!! I new they were extremely rugged but not that rugged!!! I guess I have another reason as to why I choose Glock. Thanks!!!
Glock torture test videos on YouTube are legion. Nonethess, they are also pretty darn impressive. I think my favorite was one where a guy buried one in his backyard for 2 years. When he dug it up, he rinsed it off with cold water from a garden hose, and then he and some buddies shot about 500 rounds through it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 15:28   #156
GeorgiaGlocker
Incirlik AB

It goes *bang* everytime I pull the trigger among other things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GeorgiaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 16:25   #157
JBP55

I just rolled on but I have owned a few dozen in the past 10 years and it is my pistol of choice. Love the Gen 4 Glocks.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 19:28   #158
Mil-Spec

11Btaz,

As I remember it, the gun shop was downstairs, there was a restaurant upstairs and a small bar. The range was behind the building. That was 12 years ago, so I don't know if it's even still there. As I was leaving Germany in '01, the gun laws were changing negatively.

I also miss the rahmschnitzel and hefeweizen!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Mil-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42   #159
Firecop203

I got my first Glock in 1986 at the local gun show. It was a used Gen-1 model 17 and I gave $300.00 for it. It still sits in the safe today.

I like the Glocks because unlike other pistols, I can take the gun completely apart to itís smallest part without being a gunsmith or having years of experience.

I can get almost any part for it online and there is no doubt that I got the right part cause so many of the parts interchange from one model to another. I can build up a supply of spare parts and use them as needed (if ever).

I donít have to file or fit any part to make it work. I donít have to send it back to the factory for service when I can do it myself.

Numerous abuse tests over the years have proven that it runs and runs like the energizer bunny.

This, I think would be the ideal preppers gun because of the simplicity, interchangeability and durability.
ďNeither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.Ē
Benjamin Franklin
Firecop203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 16:02   #160
duppyman3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecop203 View Post
I got my first Glock in 1986 at the local gun show. It was a used Gen-1 model 17 and I gave $300.00 for it. It still sits in the safe today.

I like the Glocks because unlike other pistols, I can take the gun completely apart to itís smallest part without being a gunsmith or having years of experience.

I can get almost any part for it online and there is no doubt that I got the right part cause so many of the parts interchange from one model to another. I can build up a supply of spare parts and use them as needed (if ever).

I donít have to file or fit any part to make it work. I donít have to send it back to the factory for service when I can do it myself.

Numerous abuse tests over the years have proven that it runs and runs like the energizer bunny.

This, I think would be the ideal preppers gun because of the simplicity, interchangeability and durability.

Ditto, I like that I can do all the work on the gun myself, and not have to be a gunsmith by trying to fit parts.
duppyman3 is offline   Reply With Quote