Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2013, 17:28   #21
TEXASTACTICAL

Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASTACTICAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
Nice! But "just carry with one in the pipe" would have been easier to type.
LOL too funny.
TEXASTACTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 17:39   #22
number1gun

Only one question..Why. You did not need a test. Anyone could tell you it is a really dumb idea to carry without the chamber loaded. Not getting it.
number1gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 17:42   #23
TEXASTACTICAL

Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASTACTICAL
There are some people that carry with an empty chamber. I was hoping some real numbers night convince them to change their mind.
TEXASTACTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:30   #24
ezthumper

It is funny, sitting through a class, and watching everyone in the class. (not being creepy, just paying attention to body language and facial expressions) Watching the pure impatience and the inconvenience in their posturing. Rolling eyes when some one asks a question. The over confident tone and head shaking because they have been there before. They have had their bragging badge for the last 5 years. Experts.

Go out and hit your 3, 7 and 10. And low and behold huge issues on the range.

One lady has not seen the pistol in 5 years, had no clue how to rack the pistol. Brought the wrong ammo.....(impatient and inconvenienced)

One guy has never cleaned nor fired it in 5 years, yet carries it every day he proudly stated. It was so dirty it would not even rack. It was full of lint, crap and whatever else crawled in there we really did not want to know...The instructor had to break it down and clean it for him. (Bragging badge guy..)

Another person spread his shots from his target to the next shooters target next to him.(class expert)

I know everyone has a life, and life gets busy. I do understand. But how can someone take the responsibility to carry a weapon...and not keep up the skill sets?

I must be living the easy life cuz I hit the range at least twice a week. Some times I get lucky and twice a month I get a pass for being a good boy and get to spend 4 hours at the range..

I go through in an hour period, 100 to 200 rounds with out RAPID spewing. Depending on my drill.

Yet I have 6 kids, Scouts, work 10 to 12 hours a day. Golf on the weekends, bought a new house( fixing/upgrading stuff) and any other thing that pops up with the honey do list..

I certainly must be living the Life of Riley.
ezthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 22:03   #25
Deaf Smith

ezthumper,

I practice quite often to. Expert or better in all IDPA classifications. Class 'A' IPSC to, but I won't carry chamber empty even though I'd probably be better at it than most.

But I have met a few who have told me they carry chamber empty for piece of mind. They are afraid the gun might accidentaly go off. Now the ones carrying modern guns I tell them the gun is totally safe to carry chamber loaded but if any of them had older striker fired autos, yea I'd say either chamber empty or go by a newer gun!

Strangely none of them want to carry a revolver! I point out to them the wheelgun would be chamber loaded and just a pull of the trigger fires it but they prefer autos and using two hands to load it when danger comes.

Deaf
Old 02-23-2013, 23:37   #26
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Does it really matter what timed drills show on a firing line under nearly perfect condtions? What is the time difference (empty vs loaded chamber) when a person suddenly finds themselves in a life or death physical struggle? Consider the difficulty involved in chambering a round while rolling around on the pavement with a 200pound maniac intent on grievously harming them? People who think that violence only happens in the way they imagine or that jedi like situational awareness cant fail them, are fooling themselves.

Last edited by FireForged; 02-24-2013 at 17:34..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 15:45   #27
SCmasterblaster

Too many people assume that both hands will be free to draw and manipulate the sidearm. An injury to the other arm is a real possibility. Well, for me, I carry my G17 with the chamber LOADED. I practice drawing and shooting one-handed often.
Old 02-24-2013, 17:38   #28
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Too many people assume that both hands will be free to draw and manipulate the sidearm. An injury to the other arm is a real possibility. Well, for me, I carry my G17 with the chamber LOADED. I practice drawing and shooting one-handed often.
I agree... and even if they manage to rack the slide one handed by using a pocket, belt, shoe or fencepost. How many attempts will it take and how long will it take while a attacker is injuring them.
Old 02-24-2013, 18:20   #29
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Carry it with one in the pipe or your a tard.

Old 02-24-2013, 19:24   #30
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Carry it with one in the pipe or your a tard.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 19:47   #31
PBR Sailor

Carrying a handgun with an empty chamber is like wearing a rubber with a hole in it.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35   #32
Jake Starr

I just love these threads about the superiority of a certain carry condition, by those who have only been trained in one method of carry.

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.
Jake Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58   #33
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Starr View Post
I just love these threads about the superiority of a certain carry condition, by those who have only been trained in one method of carry.
I have been trained by teachers of both methods. The teachers of empty chamber said that they taught EC for liability reasons.
Old 02-26-2013, 19:21   #34
ScottieG59

I always go with the method that does not ask me to remember extra steps. All I have to remember is to aim/point and pull the trigger. Repeat as needed..
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51   #35
Jake Starr

Quote:
I have been trained by teachers of both methods. The teachers of empty chamber said that they taught EC for liability reasons.
There is much truth in this statement. Apart from competition or personal preference, there are other reasons to teach C3 carry that many here may not encounter. As a training manager, I am also one of the few in our area that is certified to teach Armed Security guards in our region. There are Security companies that MANDATE that their guards carry pistols in C3. So guess what, I have to teach them how to be effective while carrying in C3. While many here may not like the idea, C3 carry is more common than most can imagine.

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.
Jake Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 14:41   #36
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
There is much truth in this statement. Apart from competition or personal preference, there are other reasons to teach C3 carry that many here may not encounter. As a training manager, I am also one of the few in our area that is certified to teach Armed Security guards in our region. There are Security companies that MANDATE that their guards carry pistols in C3. So guess what, I have to teach them how to be effective while carrying in C3. While many here may not like the idea, C3 carry is more common than most can imagine.
I carried for four years C3. Not anymore. Since 1995- C1
Old 02-28-2013, 14:47   #37
Sharkey

Quote:
Well they have been trained in C1 because that is the logical choice.

Last edited by Sharkey; 02-28-2013 at 16:50..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 14:59   #38
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
While they have been trained in C1 because that is the logical choice.
True, so true.
Old 02-28-2013, 18:27   #39
Deaf Smith

Quote:
Well then it is not because the carrier WANTED to carry C3, but because they are TOLD to pack it chamber empty (as most of the U.S. Military is.) This is an administrative judgement only. They perceive the guards as scarecrows to ward off would-be robbers and are not interested in what would happen in a surprise robbery.

John Farnam as railed against the military's C3 policy for years and many of his students, who are in Afghanistan, say at the front they ignore the order and just carry their M9s under their BDUs, fully loaded.

Deaf

Last edited by Deaf Smith; 02-28-2013 at 18:28..
Deaf Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 15:04   #40
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
Well then it is not because the carrier WANTED to carry C3, but because they are TOLD to pack it chamber empty (as most of the U.S. Military is.) This is an administrative judgement only. They perceive the guards as scarecrows to ward off would-be robbers and are not interested in what would happen in a surprise robbery.

John Farnam as railed against the military's C3 policy for years and many of his students, who are in Afghanistan, say at the front they ignore the order and just carry their M9s under their BDUs, fully loaded.

Deaf
Deaf, it makes perfect sense that our combat soldiers would carry C1 with their M9s.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 03-03-2013 at 15:05..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote