ERASER
Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

City Wants Power to “Disarm Individuals” During Crisis

http://www.infowars.com/city-wants-p...during-crisis/
ERASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 19:50   #2
jtull7
Pistolero

Eracer, the City of Guntersville, Alabama, has a population of 8,000 people. The passing of that stupid ordinance in a podunk town does not seek to destroy capitalism and make us slaves under Obamaism. Get a grip. And, their actions are not treason. Sorry.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 19:52   #3
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtull7 View Post
Eracer, the City of Guntersville, Alabama, has a population of 8,000 people. The passing of that stupid ordinance in a podunk town does not seek to destroy capitalism and make us slaves under Obamaism. Get a grip. And, their actions are not treason. Sorry.
if the folks in that town allow it to happen to them then so be it.

elections have consequences.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 20:00   #4
ERASER
Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Quote:
Get a grip. And, their actions are not treason. Sorry.

No need to apologize.
I merely posted the link to the story because I found it to be another facet of the current gun-control.
I don't think that posting the link caused me to lose my grip on reality.
I don't know many people who believe everything that they read on AlGore's interwebs.
Make of the story what you will.
ERASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 20:04   #5
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
You seem to read a lot into a thread that is just a posted link and a title correctly describing the story.
Old 02-26-2013, 20:09   #6
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Yes it is treason. What right do they have to take guns away from law abiding citizens?

Old 02-26-2013, 20:52   #7
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

"Infowars" Civil Liberties Issues
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 21:00   #8
Pwhfirefighter

Lots of states passed laws against that. I know MS did.
Pwhfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 21:29   #9
ScottieG59

Maybe they just need emergency powers. They can then relocate people for their safety. If the people are armed and confused about the greater good being done for the people, it will lead to chaos and resistance. Hard choices will be made by the leaders and executing their plan is simpler if resistance can be removed.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 16:07   #10
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

I believe the mayor and other officials are meeting as I write this post. I think they are going to withdraw the proposal. Maybe people spoke up?
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 16:17   #11
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Existing laws already allow law enforcement to disarm criminals. A new law is necessary to disarm legal citizens.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 17:42   #12
jtull7
Pistolero

Everyone, I took my post from another thread where the OP said that the city council members should be executed because of treason in the same story as this thread.

I should have modified my answer to the first thread to fit the discussion in this thread. I did not, and caused confusion in this thread. For that, I apologize.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 18:07   #13
kingdong

They can pass whatever law they want, but they aren't the ones charged with enforcing it. I don't know of any police officer who cares enough to risk attempting such enforcement. Contrary to most conspiracy theories, american governments would most likely face a revolt from within if the politicians and administrators demanded enforcement of such dangerously unpopular laws with likely fatal results. Many cops are pro gun, and most don't want to blindly walk into an ambush. Your average cop is more stubborn and free thinking than people give them credit for. :banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-28-2013, 16:44   #14
dukeblue91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
They can pass whatever law they want, but they aren't the ones charged with enforcing it. I don't know of any police officer who cares enough to risk attempting such enforcement. Contrary to most conspiracy theories, american governments would most likely face a revolt from within if the politicians and administrators demanded enforcement of such dangerously unpopular laws with likely fatal results. Many cops are pro gun, and most don't want to blindly walk into an ambush. Your average cop is more stubborn and free thinking than people give them credit for. :banghead:

I think you need to read up on what happened to law abiding people in Luisiana after Katrina.
You'll quickly change your mind.
dukeblue91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:52   #15
kingdong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
I think you need to read up on what happened to law abiding people in Luisiana after Katrina.
I am well aware and stand by my statement.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:17   #16
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Yes it is treason. What right do they have to take guns away from law abiding citizens?

NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:19   #17
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
So true. It amazes me that after something like that happens, that people can actually rationalize trying to disarm the citizenry.

The only thing that amazes me more is someone that claims to be a American and rationalizes disarming the citizenry for any reason.

That kind of thinking has Pinko Commie written all over it.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22   #18
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Your average cop is more stubborn and free thinking than people give them credit for.
Free thinking?

Stubborn?

Hmm, all that's missing is the pot smoking, openly commie sympathizing, and body odor and we'd have the definition of a liberal.

Last edited by NEOH212; 03-04-2013 at 03:24..
Old 03-04-2013, 03:28   #19
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
They can pass whatever law they want, but they aren't the ones charged with enforcing it. I don't know of any police officer who cares enough to risk attempting such enforcement. Contrary to most conspiracy theories, american governments would most likely face a revolt from within if the politicians and administrators demanded enforcement of such dangerously unpopular laws with likely fatal results. Many cops are pro gun, and most don't want to blindly walk into an ambush. Your average cop is more stubborn and free thinking than people give them credit for.
How about the cops that shot innocent people during Katrina?

How about the illegal confiscation of guns during Katrina?

Free thinking?

Stubborn?

It sure sounds like there were a lot of cops with a one track mind during that event. It also sounds like they weren't one bit concerned with anyone's safety.

A lot of people were hurt and some were killed because of what some of them did. Pardon me if I don't share your faith in the system. I don't assume that all cops are big, "A's" but you sound like you assume that none of them are.

You sir need a reality check and fast.

Last edited by NEOH212; 03-04-2013 at 03:29..
Old 03-04-2013, 09:25   #20
kingdong

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
How about the cops that shot innocent people during Katrina?

How about the illegal confiscation of guns during Katrina?

Free thinking?

Stubborn?

It sure sounds like there were a lot of cops with a one track mind during that event. It also sounds like they weren't one bit concerned with anyone's safety.

A lot of people were hurt and some were killed because of what some of them did. Pardon me if I don't share your faith in the system. I don't assume that all cops are big, "A's" but you sound like you assume that none of them are.

You sir need a reality check and fast.

Do know how many cops got fired for "dereliction of duty" for not obeying orders? Do know how many violent crimes took place by pure criminals? No one knows the answer to that one. Do know the TRUTH about all the encounters where innocent ppl were disarmed by the police?

Faith in the system? Never went that far. But you have gone in the completely opposite direction. There are two sides to every story. Police officers have and utilize discretion, which very often can be contradictory to orders from above. Free thinking, as in independent thinkers. When you have a profession that involves the direct application of ethics and morals, you will find people stand their ground for what they believe.

You need a reality check since you obviously believe everything you read on the Internet.

Last edited by kingdong; 03-04-2013 at 09:40..
kingdong is offline   Reply With Quote