Travclem
Lifetime Membership
Badass Member

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...an-state-leos/

Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarson_75 View Post
Yup. I think they saw their customer base turn on them and decided they made the wrong decision.

REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries

Last edited by Travclem; 03-02-2013 at 07:15..
Old 02-28-2013, 10:58   #2
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Interesting points raised by the author.

I have to ask one obvious question. Why all the posturing about Colorado's gun ban but willing do business in New York? Seems pretty hypocritical to me!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01   #3
dkf

I just saw that article really late last night. I don't really know what to say. I agree their stance on CO laws and doing this contradicts themselves.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20   #4
bilkay

This is not cool at all. Total BS from Magpul. Guess it's really all about the revenue stream.

Boycott Magpul? Is their biggest revenue stream LE or civilian?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52   #5
Gunnut 45/454

Yep stand an support the 2nd 100% or bend over! Bad move on there part!
Old 02-28-2013, 16:19   #6
Unistat

I'm going to refrain from any judgement till this story is independantly sourced. Why? Check out the story from Walls of the City below.

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2012/1...rt-farago.html

An exerpt:

Quote:
That disclaimer dispensed with, here is how it is. Over the past few years, Robert Farago – the editor of The Truth About Guns – has functionally leeched off of, exploited, stabbed in the back, maligned, abused, lied about, misrepresented, stolen from, and infringed upon the rights of countless other people, both actual pro-rights activists and people who are not at all involved in the firearm-related community. Recent events have shown us that people seem largely unaware of this pattern of misconduct in Robert’s past, so this post will serve as a centralized source of information on the same.
Old 02-28-2013, 16:35   #7
eb07
Sharkin'

If this is true.. magpul is on my boycott list.
Old 02-28-2013, 16:49   #8
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistat View Post
I'm going to refrain from any judgement till this story is independantly sourced. Why? Check out the story from Walls of the City below.

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2012/1...rt-farago.html

An exerpt:
You can safely pass judgement. This story is legitimate. A Magpul employee posted this on ar15.com...

The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states. Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts). It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power. The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

As far as I'm concerned I'll never buy another Magpul product again and I've personally spent over $1000 on Magpul gear but never again. They've spent a lot of time and lobbying against Colorados impending gun ban and now this? All their blustering has been nothing but political hype and I don't think they're concerned with our rights at all.

Last edited by DaleGribble; 02-28-2013 at 16:53..
Old 02-28-2013, 17:02   #9
gunsnhoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
You can safely pass judgement. This story is legitimate. A Magpul employee posted this on ar15.com...

The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states. Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts). It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power. The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

As far as I'm concerned I'll never buy another Magpul product again and I've personally spent over $1000 on Magpul gear but never again. They've spent a lot of time and lobbying against Colorados impending gun ban and now this? All their blustering has been nothing but political hype and I don't think they're concerned with our rights at all.
Magpul is doing the right thing. They are good people. Why make all the citizens of a state suffer because their government is a bunch of *********s. If my state passes stricter gun regulations that I don't agree with then Magpul shouldn't sell to my state?
Old 02-28-2013, 17:38   #10
Bradhazz

Sounds good all of you can boycott them, hell better yet send me all ur evil magpul products since there such a horrible company for selling to leo's. what a joke. Do any of own colts or any other rifles that were only sold to leo's during the last ban or did you boycott them forever also?
Old 02-28-2013, 17:44   #11
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

Does Magpul have a say on where their sellers move the product?

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Old 02-28-2013, 17:54   #12
number1gun

What was expected ? I would say the threat of moving is just posturing also. I can not see any well run money making Busniess in the firearms industry actually looking to move. They may think about it. They may start to explore moving options. Actually doing it is a totaly different matter. Exploring options in case they get regulated out of Busniess in their current location is just good forward thinking. No matter how good the offer is from another State it will still cost money. My bet is no one is moving anywhere unless they are forced to.
As to not selling to LEO's, On the fence. I understand the idea but doubt it will have any effect on Govt.. thinking. Could be some unintended consequences.
Old 02-28-2013, 17:54   #13
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

From what I've seen, MagPul did not specifically say they wouldn't supply LE in ban states.

They then did say, they can't stop who their distributors sell to. Which is basically correct.

If they said 'we won't sell to XXX" and then continued to...well duh, they're contradicting themselves. They have not yet, as far as I can see, done so.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
Old 02-28-2013, 18:04   #14
up1911fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
If this is true.. magpul is on my boycott list.
Are you *****ing kidding?! Why should the LEO's (who use their weapons to defend both themselves and the public) be punished because of some Jack*ss elected official?
Old 02-28-2013, 18:06   #15
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnhoses View Post
Magpul is doing the right thing. They are good people. Why make all the citizens of a state suffer because their government is a bunch of *********s. If my state passes stricter gun regulations that I don't agree with then Magpul shouldn't sell to my state?
It's not a matter of selling to citizens, it's a matter of selling their products to governments that are actively eroding our freedoms! Not only are they still going to sell their products to governments that ban civilian ownership of their products they are going to place their orders as higher priority over civilian sales.

Hypocrisy of the highest order!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 18:06   #16
Redheadhunter21

My guess is someone in MagPul is an ex LEO or military and does not want to hurt the LEO's safety. The cops aren't any part of these laws until it comes to enforcing them. We will see how they uphold the laws soon enough unless things change before then.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-28-2013, 18:07   #17
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Magpukes Facebook page is being hammered with angry comments!
Old 02-28-2013, 18:08   #18
WinterWizard

America is a business, not a country.
Old 02-28-2013, 18:08   #19
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadhunter21 View Post
My guess is someone in MagPul is an ex LEO or military and does not want to hurt the LEO's safety. The cops aren't any part of these laws until it comes to enforcing them. We will see how they uphold the laws soon enough unless things change before then.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
And how many police agencies, organizations and unions have been supporting the new wave of gun bans?

Last edited by DaleGribble; 02-28-2013 at 18:08..
Old 02-28-2013, 18:11   #20
m2hmghb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
And how many police agencies, organizations and unions have been supporting the new wave of gun bans?
You're blaming the rank and file for what the brass did. It's like blaming the friggin PFC for the General screwing up. Most cops I know are against this BS, but their bosses are politicians for the most part.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.

Closed Thread