Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-10-2013, 20:55   #21
AustinTx

This makes exactly 2 E S/N Glocks that I have seen, on GT, with a broken frame rail. Amazing, they still keep on working, with 3 rails.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 21:57   #22
mongo356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Excellent! I've been looking for a picture like that!
Help yourself to itI have "borrowed" several of yours in the past.
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:15   #23
JJKJR

Just got off the phone with a Glock tech. His customer service skills were excellent and appreciated. My gun frame will be off to Symrna this afternoon. He said 2-4 weeks or possibly sooner. I'll keep you posted on how all turns out. Thanks again for all the information. JJKJR
JJKJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04   #24
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJKJR View Post
Just got off the phone with a Glock tech. His customer service skills were excellent and appreciated. My gun frame will be off to Symrna this afternoon. He said 2-4 weeks or possibly sooner. I'll keep you posted on how all turns out. Thanks again for all the information. JJKJR
Any word on the serial number thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56   #25
JJKJR

Butch, The tech said I would be getting a 1 in front of my current serial number. He went on to say that the new serial number on the frame would then become serial number for my entire gun. He said the current serial number on the slide would no longer be the serial number registered Federally. I found that hard to believe but I didn't want to question him, thinking that he would probably know for sure.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21   #26
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Butch, The tech said I would be getting a 1 in front of my current serial number. He went on to say that the new serial number on the frame would then become serial number for my entire gun. He said the current serial number on the slide would no longer be the serial number registered Federally. I found that hard to believe but I didn't want to question him, thinking that he would probably know for sure.
Yup, the serial number on the frame is the one that counts in the US, and your's will now start with a 1. Let us know when it gets back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50   #27
JJKJR

Butch, I finally figured out what I was doing with the picture. Hope this works. It was a BMP and it needed to be a JPEG. Well here's my Glock 23

General Glocking
Old 03-22-2013, 05:26   #28
JJKJR

Received a call from Symnra yesterday. I have two options for replacement of my frame; 1)receive a new frame from Austria with a 1 in front of my current S/N that could take upwards of 4 months or 2) receive a new frame of from Symrna with a totally differnt S/N that would take 2 weeks. This option would also come with a certified letter stating the cause for the new frame and that the original frame was destroyed. I chose option two. BTW, the gentleman I spoke with was very pleasent and answered any questions I had completely. Although my frame did fail, I am very happy so far with Glock's customer service.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14   #29
intenseneal

Sounds good. I would have gone option 2 as well unless I had a backup to EDC but a letter from Glock with SN change proof is fine by me and will not effect the value. Glock has great customer service any other gun company most likely would have told you sorry your SOL or make you pay for repairs/replacement especially after you have owned the gun for a few years and shot 1000's of rounds. Its what I love about Glocks, they just really dont break and if they do they are cheap to fix and if you cant fix it Glock will replace it.

Last edited by intenseneal; 03-22-2013 at 07:15..
intenseneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:08   #30
JJKJR

Received my new frame from Symnra yesterday. It came with all new factory internals, exactly 2 weeks to the day that I was promised. The S/N is a completely different S/N than the slide, vs. the 1 prefix. It came with a letter from Glock stating that the original frame was distroyed and this is the new firearm S/N. At the factory they removed my 3.5lb connector and returned it which I had asked them to do. I had forgotten that I also had a Butt-Plug in the old frame, which they also returned. I most certainly didn't want to have my left rear frame rail come off but I'm completely happy how Glock stood behind their product and made it right. I very much appreciate the folks here who provided advice when it first happened.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:14   #31
JJKJR

Took the new frame, old slide to the range last week. The frame feels thinner in my hands than my last frame. My first frame was made in 2001 which I believe makes it a Gen. 2. I'm sure this frame is a Gen 4. Shot 100 rounds; 50 rounds CCI blazer 180gr FMJ and 50 rounds American Eagle 165gr FMJ. Had 1 FTE with the American Eagle ammo. I've never ever had any FTE's with any ammo with this pistol. I'm hoping that it was a single ammo issue and not an issue with the new internals. Any comments on the new Gen 4 internals that could cause a FTE?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31   #32
Genin
Designated Left

It shouldn't be a Gen 4 since there'd be a sizable gap in the front dust cover and the front of your slide. Gen 4 frames have a wider gap in the front to allow the expanded slide ride back and forth. This change was made for the new dual RSA. I bet it's a Gen 3.
Genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01   #33
4Rules

Quote:
Took and Defensive Shooting class yesterday and when I returned home to clean my 23 the left rear guide was not there. The gun perfomed flawlessly during the entire class so I don't know when it happened. I keep a shooting journal and this gun has close to 9,000 trouble free rounds through it. I know a couple of years ago there were many threads on this which I'm not able to find. Would there be anyone out there that has gone through the process of getting this fixed be willing to share what they did in a post or past thread. Thanks for your responses.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Butch, I finally figured out what I was doing with the picture. Hope this works. It was a BMP and it needed to be a JPEG. Well here's my Glock 23

General Glocking
Quote:
Received a call from Symnra yesterday. I have two options for replacement of my frame; 1)receive a new frame from Austria with a 1 in front of my current S/N that could take upwards of 4 months or 2) receive a new frame of from Symrna with a totally differnt S/N that would take 2 weeks. This option would also come with a certified letter stating the cause for the new frame and that the original frame was destroyed. I chose option two. BTW, the gentleman I spoke with was very pleasent and answered any questions I had completely. Although my frame did fail, I am very happy so far with Glock's customer service.
Quote:
Received my new frame from Symnra yesterday. It came with all new factory internals, exactly 2 weeks to the day that I was promised. The S/N is a completely different S/N than the slide, vs. the 1 prefix. It came with a letter from Glock stating that the original frame was distroyed and this is the new firearm S/N. At the factory they removed my 3.5lb connector and returned it which I had asked them to do. I had forgotten that I also had a Butt-Plug in the old frame, which they also returned. I most certainly didn't want to have my left rear frame rail come off but I'm completely happy how Glock stood behind their product and made it right. I very much appreciate the folks here who provided advice when it first happened.
Thank you for posting your experience.

There once was a police officer from Alberta who - because his (neglected) Glock's rails were broken - suffered a leg-shot. Your post should remind us all to regularly - and closely - inspect our pistol's parts for any possible issues. (The leg you save may be your own.)
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18   #34
Sgt127

Quote:
There once was a police officer from Alberta who - because his (neglected) Glock's rails were broken - suffered a leg-shot.
Thats news to me....you can't just drop that off without a little explanation....Whats the story? I can't see a broken rail leading to the gun going off. I suppose the slide lifting could lead to the firing pin coming off the cruciform, but, the firing pin safety should have caught the firing pin before the gun fired.
Sgt127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29   #35
4Rules

I can't find a link. It was either Calgary or Edmonton, if I recall correctly. The officer survived the experience. The officer had been exiting an automobile at the time. There was more than one broken rail.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29   #36
JJKJR

4rules, no problem. Glad I could post of my experience, however, it started just the opposite, in that I needed advice from the forum members. I received that advice which helped me through the process of replacing the frame.

4rules, I also would like to know about the relationship between the frame rails and an AD.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33   #37
4Rules

As for the firing pin safety, I have seen severely fouled guns that could - in theory - prevent it's proper operation.

Yet another reason to clean your gun, I suppose.
Old 04-18-2013, 19:46   #38
AustinTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genin View Post
It shouldn't be a Gen 4 since there'd be a sizable gap in the front dust cover and the front of your slide. Gen 4 frames have a wider gap in the front to allow the expanded slide ride back and forth. This change was made for the new dual RSA. I bet it's a Gen 3.
You're right, it must be a gen 3. No gen 2s were made in 2001.

Last edited by AustinTx; 04-18-2013 at 19:46..
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote