SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-12-2014, 19:32   #1
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Double Tap ammo?

I remember back when I first joined here that Double Tap ammo was the latest and greatest. Several years ago, I remember hearing about how their ammo was having QC problems and I havent bought any since then. However, it is time that I start doing another round of gelatin testing.

Along with the big name brands I wanted to try out Underwood as well as Buffalo Bore and Double Tap as well. IMO Buffalo Bore makes great ammo but it is way over priced. The biggest selling point a few years ago for Double Tap was that it was half the price of Buffalo Bore but with the same ballistics. I recently checked out their websites and for the most part they are the same price.

Does anyone know why DT ammo has jumped in price over the last few years? Underwood seems to be putting out a faster product for half the price, and because of that I am not even sure I will test out BB and DT.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with recently manufactured BB or DT in the common handgun calibers?
Old 07-12-2014, 19:49   #2
Berto
woo woo

I purchased DT in .44sp about a year and a half ago, close to $60 for 50 rnds, 200gr Gold Dot bullet, advertised vel was about 200fps optimistic for an already slow moving round.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1504824
Old 07-12-2014, 20:23   #3
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
I purchased DT in .44sp about a year and a half ago, close to $60 for 50 rnds, 200gr Gold Dot bullet, advertised vel was about 200fps optimistic for an already slow moving round.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1504824
Great report! I wonder what happened to that company? No way I am paying more than the original manufacturer cost for inconsistant underpowered ammo.

Looks like I will stick with the Underwood I have ordered. I never realized they loaded Nosler bullets in addition to the XTPs and Gold Dots. I may never shoot another XTP, I already tested out their 9mm Gold Dots, and I am really excited to see what kind of damage their 115 grain +P+ Nosler does at 1400 FPS.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:06   #4
intecooler

Must have been a while for you. PBR and Littlestone romp as well!
intecooler is offline   Reply With Quote