Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 20:58   #221
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
In that case...links to the best priced currently available cases + primers + bullet + primers.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 21:19   #222
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Well I imagne Wally has the best price in most locations. Around here, your lucky to find ANY ammo @ ANY price, so I will hve to look, you do the same.
Well, it's been over 24 hours since this, and days since we started. It looks like I will win by default because there isn't ANY 9x19 available and in stock right now.

Or I'm going to get to select the opening price myself, and I think I'll be able to beat whatever price I select later this year.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:32   #223
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirdan View Post
I've never seen 9 mm at Walmart. Nothing but bare shelves.

Got luck at Big 5 today, Remington UMC @ $18.99 for a 50 round box.
Same here at the Walmart in West Lebanon, NH.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 05-20-2013 at 08:33..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22   #224
BobPistol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 286
Maybe in 2017. MAYBE.
BobPistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 13:00   #225
fredj338
Senior Member
 
fredj338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: so.cal.
Posts: 21,746
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Well, it's been over 24 hours since this, and days since we started. It looks like I will win by default because there isn't ANY 9x19 available and in stock right now.

Or I'm going to get to select the opening price myself, and I think I'll be able to beat whatever price I select later this year.
Now I know why you go by WARP. If neither of us can find ammo to price how is that a win? I have very few gunshops within an hour of me, I am not driving all over hell to prove you wrong next year. If I find some ammo, then I will take a pic & send you the price, I don't buy factory unless forced to.
__________________
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 13:58   #226
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Now I know why you go by WARP. If neither of us can find ammo to price how is that a win? I have very few gunshops within an hour of me, I am not driving all over hell to prove you wrong next year. If I find some ammo, then I will take a pic & send you the price, I don't buy factory unless forced to.
Alright then.

This is the starting price.

This is what I have to beat by 10% later this year, or next year, and you'll owe 100 rounds of factory new brass case 9x19 aunition. If I don't, I'll owe you the same.

http://www.********.com/bulk-9mm-ammo-9mm115fmjae-50

$39.25 plus shipping for 50 rounds. That's $0.785 per round, plus shipping.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 05-20-2013 at 13:59..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 15:47   #227
triggerjerk
Senior Member
 
triggerjerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,218
My local gunstore has Fed Automatch for the low price of $36.95.
And it will be all gone within 24hrs.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 17:59   #228
newgene
Senior Member
 
newgene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 729
Anyone know what this Liberty Defense ammo is?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/133...free-box-of-20

Looks like some brutal 9mm ammo. Yeah, it's $1.20/round, but it's always instock when I look at Midway.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 19:48   #229
punkglock
Freedom Lover
 
punkglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bluegrass Country
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
When all this craziness started with availability of ammo and guns, I thought it would be shortlived. I'm not sure anymore. When do you think ammo will be more readily available and prices will start to come back down?
When government stops trying to do more things poorly, and focuses on the few things they're supposed to do well. Yeah...probably not in our lifetimes.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training. Archilochus, ca. 650 BC
punkglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 19:28   #230
zo6kid
Member
 
zo6kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 36
No more "Good Ole Days," that time has come and gone. I`m afraid we are livin` the "Good Ole Days" !!! Buy what you can afford , afford what you buy !!!
zo6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 22:52   #231
Cirdan
Senior Member
 
Cirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 534
Luck of the draw. Last week I found it at Cabelas ($18.99 for a box of 50) and Big 5 (18.99 for a box of 50).

Those are pre-panic prices.
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:31   #232
newgene
Senior Member
 
newgene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 729
I think the only ammo that is actually selling is the cheap ammo. People want ammo, but nobody is paying the jacked up prices. The lines at the usual big box store times are still a few people deep on the 22lr days. Other than that, the inflated LGS or internet prices are just representative of people sitting on stored ammo.

Talked to a guy yesterday who had 10k rounds of 22, but was still in line to try to get some 22. On a positive note, the local walmart had the CCI 22 AR ammo for around $23 for 375 rounds and nobody was really touching it. They bought all the 9 and 40 first. So, unless it is the really cheap stuff, nobody really wants to pay the higher price.

I see this all wrapping up this year (or in a few months). At some point people are going to start to dump the ammo to recover their costs, and when they do, it will be epic.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53   #233
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgene View Post
I think the only ammo that is actually selling is the cheap ammo. People want ammo, but nobody is paying the jacked up prices. The lines at the usual big box store times are still a few people deep on the 22lr days. Other than that, the inflated LGS or internet prices are just representative of people sitting on stored ammo.

Talked to a guy yesterday who had 10k rounds of 22, but was still in line to try to get some 22. On a positive note, the local walmart had the CCI 22 AR ammo for around $23 for 375 rounds and nobody was really touching it. They bought all the 9 and 40 first. So, unless it is the really cheap stuff, nobody really wants to pay the higher price.

I see this all wrapping up this year (or in a few months). At some point people are going to start to dump the ammo to recover their costs, and when they do, it will be epic.

...except that many online retailers are sold out, and they weren't charging 2012 prices when they sold out.

A few months? I want some of what you're smoking.
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:27   #234
G23c
Senior Member
 
G23c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 4,033
waiting for the epic dumping.
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 14:21   #235
fredj338
Senior Member
 
fredj338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: so.cal.
Posts: 21,746
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Alright then.

This is the starting price.

This is what I have to beat by 10% later this year, or next year, and you'll owe 100 rounds of factory new brass case 9x19 aunition. If I don't, I'll owe you the same.

http://www.********.com/bulk-9mm-ammo-9mm115fmjae-50

$39.25 plus shipping for 50 rounds. That's $0.785 per round, plus shipping.
So you went out & found THE most expensive price, really? You sure your not a Dem? I'll post you a pic of a LGS price as soon as I find some, that will be the starting price.
Even this is cheaper. http://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-g...-bear-50-round
How about this, $14/box. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
__________________
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 05-24-2013 at 14:30..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 15:06   #236
plp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 553
Just came from my LGS, bought 3 boxes of Blazer .380 target FMJ, 19.95 plus tax per 50 round box. This is the best price I've found on plain Jane .380 in several months. He also had UMC JHP for 24.95 per box, have plenty of it already so no need to get any more.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
plp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 15:26   #237
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
So you went out & found THE most expensive price, really? You sure your not a Dem? I'll post you a pic of a LGS price as soon as I find some, that will be the starting price.
Even this is cheaper. http://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-g...-bear-50-round
How about this, $14/box. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
You claimed that you could not find ANY in stock. If nothing is in stock, I win by default. But you were incorrect in that claim anyway.

You think that was the most expensive? You obviously aren't doing your research.

But thank you for finally providing the starting point.

The current best priced available 9x19 factory brass ammunition is $39.25 for 50 rounds plus shipping.

I will have to beat that by 10% later this year or next year in order to win.

Game on!
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 15:42   #238
fredj338
Senior Member
 
fredj338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: so.cal.
Posts: 21,746
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
You claimed that you could not find ANY in stock. If nothing is in stock, I win by default. But you were incorrect in that claim anyway.

You think that was the most expensive? You obviously aren't doing your research.

But thank you for finally providing the starting point.

The current best priced available 9x19 factory brass ammunition is $39.25 for 50 rounds plus shipping.

I will have to beat that by 10% later this year or next year in order to win.

Game on!
You are the same guy that thinks their libertarian vote was not a vote for Obama right? No, I will set the factory price when I find some, so no, you do not win by default. Besides, where did you come up with $40? I see an add there for Wolf, $14/box??? Geez, fricking libertards.
__________________
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 05-24-2013 at 15:43..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 15:44   #239
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 29,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
No, I will set the factory price when I find some
Exactly how much time do you plan on taking?

It's been, what, a week or more? And you STILL haven't found the starting point?

Apparently ammo isn't actually currently available at the prices you seem to think it is.

Also...what part of "brass case" do you not understand?

If you want to change the parameters again, okay, we can do that. It is now for the best price on a 1,000 round case of ANY 9mm, including steel case Russian ammo.

The new starting point is $279 for 1,000 rounds of steel case 9mm. (plus $25 shipping) I will have to beat that by 10% later this year or next year.

Game on! (again)
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 05-24-2013 at 15:47..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 16:56   #240
pugman
Senior Member
 
pugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
You claimed that you could not find ANY in stock. If nothing is in stock, I win by default. But you were incorrect in that claim anyway.

You think that was the most expensive? You obviously aren't doing your research.

But thank you for finally providing the starting point.

The current best priced available 9x19 factory brass ammunition is $39.25 for 50 rounds plus shipping.

I will have to beat that by 10% later this year or next year in order to win.

Game on!
Huh? Hotpig has Federal Tactical HST 9mm 147gr P9HST2 50 rounds at $25.90.

Brass Cased premium ammo

If you buy 500 rounds he even knocks off $1 a box. If the best you can find is $39+ a box for 50 rounds...you aren't looking hard enough

http://www.mahsupplies.net/

and Hotpig is where I have bought all my premium stuff...highly recommended.
__________________
Now when asked when I think things will change I answer "The next time Thomas (aka the fed) robs Peter (aka the 53%) to pay Paul (aka the 47%) and Peter pulls a gun...things will change"

Last edited by pugman; 05-24-2013 at 16:58..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 891
180 Members
711 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31