Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2013, 13:47   #101
ScottieG59

This morning, I went to the Kansas City Cabelas when they were opening. This was the first time I have done it. There were dozens of anxious shoppers looking for ammo. An employee, knowing people were there for ammo, let us know there was no 22LR, 9mm, 45 ACP, 38, 357 etc. They had some 223. He warned people not to run and mentioned they had recently had a trampling incident as shoppers stormed in.

This time, people were calm. We were limited to 5 boxes. They have been getting 22LR in once in a while.

I really do not see things changing while millions are hording and stockpiling ammo and reloading supplies.

People fear the government and I think the real panic may come soon. The president is pushing hard for new laws. The republicans are showing that they differ little from the democrats on gun control.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 18:50   #102
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieG59 View Post
...He warned people not to run and mentioned they had recently had a trampling incident as shoppers stormed in...

Quote:
People fear the government and I think the real panic may come soon...

Moreso, many are just buying because they are idiot lemmings who are easily spooked. Why hoard ammo if one thinks the Gov't will ban it? if so, it would be a felony to own it (which isn't going to happen anytime soon).

Stump one by asking them "so why are you hoarding ammo?"

If the time has come when one feels the need to hide guns & ammo then the time has passed for the need to use them to solve the problem.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 19:19   #103
hi-power man
Silver Membership

I've made it a point to talk to at least two people a week about the gun legislation issues. Ammo pops into the conversation almost every time, fears of purchase restrictions, purchase permits will be required, 100% tax to be added to ammo cost, government buying all the ammo to restrict commercial sales. People hear about guns and ammo everytime they turn on the TV or radio.
Old 04-13-2013, 19:22   #104
oppi27

Yep, I thought it was getting better then the local news did a story. Boom, then it got 3 times worse because People started buying up shotgun shells. They bought all the 12 gauge shells except turkey loads at all the walmarts. It stinks
oppi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 19:46   #105
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

At the Whole Sale level it is worsening right now. I get some ammo in but it goes right back out so that is no help. I say maybe in the fourth quarter this year we can see if 2014 will improve or more of the same.
Old 04-14-2013, 00:35   #106
fredj338

Quote:
republicans are showing that they differ little from the democrats on gun control.
This kind of thinking is how Obama got re eleceted. Sure, not all Rep are gun owning, bible thumpers, but really, to say there isn't much diff, you haven't been paying attention.
Unfortunately what Rep are is nieve. They think they can throw the Libs a bone & the mangy dog will go away, but it will not. I agree, we shouldn't budge an inch on gun control, taexs or any number of things, but thinking that Rep are the "same", nieve at best. When the 14 elections come around, voting any other way but a solid Rep is voting for the liberals. To deny that is beyond nieve, just stupid.
I also don;t think it's buying for fear of banning, but look at how many local govt are responding by taxing & new fees? That alone is reason enough to buy as much as you can while you can. Cost are NOT going to come back down.
FWIW, I don't think people "fear" the govt at all. I do KNOW that smart people do not trust or respect the govt. I look at all this buying as just being smart. If they govt, local or Feds continues it's path of the French, there is likey to be a reconing. This "let them at cake" attitude of ALL govt officials & most employees is buidlign contempt rapidly. The govt knows this & is one reason they are puishing so hard to take guns & away from us. Hard to fight back w/ rocks & bottles.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-14-2013 at 00:40..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:20   #107
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
When the 14 elections come around, voting any other way but a solid Rep is voting for the liberals.
Voting for a liberal is voting for a liberal.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 13:47   #108
triggerjerk

Quote:

I really do not see things changing while millions are hording and stockpiling ammo and reloading supplies.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 21:40   #109
bush pilot

I see my personal ammo shortage ending when I get off my butt and start pulling the handles on the Dillons. This has been my past experience at least.

Send me your wheel weights, do it for the children.
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:52   #110
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Voting for a liberal is voting for a liberal.
Sure is & voting for a 1% libertarian in a close election is also voting liberal Dem, just admit it, then things might actually get better. Unitl the libertarians can put up a viable candidate, all of you are pissing away your votes & by letting liberal Dems stay in office, pissing away your freedoms as well. You would think after Pero, people would have figured this stuff out.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-15-2013 at 08:53..
Old 04-15-2013, 12:08   #111
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Sure is & voting for a 1% libertarian in a close election is also voting liberal Dem, just admit it, then things might actually get better. Unitl the libertarians can put up a viable candidate, all of you are pissing away your votes & by letting liberal Dems stay in office, pissing away your freedoms as well. You would think after Pero, people would have figured this stuff out.

Right on, brother!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11   #112
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Until the Republicans can put up a viable candidate, they are handing it to the Dems on a silver platter.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 04-15-2013, 12:34   #113
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Until the Republicans can put up a viable candidate, they are handing it to the Dems on a silver platter.
That's right, also.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07   #114
Rick O'Shay

I saw some local PMC .223 Bronze yesterday on armslist in SC, 1000 for $500.
Also saw .308 for $60/100. Getting back near last summer's prices.
Rick O'Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:47   #115
fredj338

Quote:
Very true, but running to the middle of the road only guarantees you get run over by either side. Libertarians are kidding themselves voting for tools like Gary Johnson, etc. Insignificant 1% candidates. The LIbertarian's haven't had a viable one since Perot & he was weak in the end.
So yeah, vote Mickey Mouse in the primary, makes you feel all special voting against the system, but doing the same thing in the general is denying reality. You are handing the election to the liberal's. Same goes for so called conservates that don;t think the Rep candidate is conservative enough. I DO NOT CARE. I would rather have a soft Rep than ANY Liberal Dem, ANY. We are losing fast & if the libertarians are the answer, put up a viable, well banked candidate. It will take $1B today to run against that machine on either side. Libertarians are not going to bank roll that so unless your candidate is that inspiring, it aint gonna happen.
Fricking libertarian's voted their preciuous 1% vote & then complain the country is going the wrong way, Really? Everyone needs to wake TFU. We are heading down a road that we can not recover from & it is more due to the liberals than conservatives. Every single, major, failed social program was put in place by a liberal. It's no wonder the coutnry is going broke. Libertarians have more in common with Rep than Dems, pick a side, yours will NEVER win a major election.

Last edited by fredj338; 04-16-2013 at 09:49..
Old 04-16-2013, 10:30   #116
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Very true, but running to the middle of the road only guarantees you get run over by either side. Libertarians are kidding themselves voting for tools like Gary Johnson, etc. Insignificant 1% candidates. The LIbertarian's haven't had a viable one since Perot & he was weak in the end.
So yeah, vote Mickey Mouse in the primary, makes you feel all special voting against the system, but doing the same thing in the general is denying reality. You are handing the election to the liberal's. Same goes for so called conservates that don;t think the Rep candidate is conservative enough. I DO NOT CARE. I would rather have a soft Rep than ANY Liberal Dem, ANY. We are losing fast & if the libertarians are the answer, put up a viable, well banked candidate. It will take $1B today to run against that machine on either side. Libertarians are not going to bank roll that so unless your candidate is that inspiring, it aint gonna happen.
Fricking libertarian's voted their preciuous 1% vote & then complain the country is going the wrong way, Really? Everyone needs to wake TFU. We are heading down a road that we can not recover from & it is more due to the liberals than conservatives. Every single, major, failed social program was put in place by a liberal. It's no wonder the coutnry is going broke. Libertarians have more in common with Rep than Dems, pick a side, yours will NEVER win a major election.
I'll be voting GOP for sure!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50   #117
bigtimelarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
How do they enforce the buying limit - do they rely on the cashier's memory to recall shoppers from hours before? Or do they take photos?
bigtimelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 16:49   #118
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Libertarians are kidding themselves voting for tools like Gary Johnson, etc.
Remind me...why was McCain such an awesome candidate?

Old 04-16-2013, 16:50   #119
rednoved
NRA Member

Quote:
Remind me...why was McCain such an awesome candidate?

Because he wasn't Obama.

Last edited by rednoved; 04-16-2013 at 16:51..
rednoved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 16:56   #120
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
Because he wasn't Obama.
Well, as we have now learned...that isn't good enough.

I could have (wait...did!) told you that years ago.

Oh well.