SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-16-2013, 20:00   #121
Adamz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
This kind of thinking is how Obama got re eleceted. Sure, not all Rep are gun owning, bible thumpers, but really, to say there isn't much diff, you haven't been paying attention.
Unfortunately what Rep are is nieve. They think they can throw the Libs a bone & the mangy dog will go away, but it will not. I agree, we shouldn't budge an inch on gun control, taexs or any number of things, but thinking that Rep are the "same", nieve at best. When the 14 elections come around, voting any other way but a solid Rep is voting for the liberals. To deny that is beyond nieve, just stupid.
I also don;t think it's buying for fear of banning, but look at how many local govt are responding by taxing & new fees? That alone is reason enough to buy as much as you can while you can. Cost are NOT going to come back down.
FWIW, I don't think people "fear" the govt at all. I do KNOW that smart people do not trust or respect the govt. I look at all this buying as just being smart. If they govt, local or Feds continues it's path of the French, there is likey to be a reconing. This "let them at cake" attitude of ALL govt officials & most employees is buidlign contempt rapidly. The govt knows this & is one reason they are puishing so hard to take guns & away from us. Hard to fight back w/ rocks & bottles.
This is exactly where we are right now! Very well stated! I'm so sick of people saying there is no difference between the GOP and Obama. Sure the GOP is naive. Sure there is some establishment elitist republicans. Sure there are rinos. At least the majority of them don't despise this country and the way it was founded. They don't want to bring this country to its knees like bho to right all the wrongs we've done in the past. It's laughable to hear him give a speech on reducing the deficit after releasing a budget proposal with 1.4 trillion in deficit spending. It's so sad to see that so many Americans have become so ignorant to what is really going on.

If by chance the democrats were to win the house in 14 I've got news for ya. You haven't seen anything yet! Ammo shortages, gun shortages, freedom shortages will abound in ways this country has never seen before and will make these times seem like the good ole days.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47   #122
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Remind me...why was McCain such an awesome candidate?
Let's see, better than Obama on every level. Pleasw WARP, remind about ANY libertarian that has doen ANYTHING worth note? Oh yeah, doesn't exist. LIbertarians are being played as tools by the liberals to insure they stay in power. As long as your head is stuck up there, you just aren't getting it.
It's a two party system for NOW, deal with it & work within the system. Otherwise YOUR VOTE IS MEANINGLESS! I would venture that most of the Tea Party crowd really count themselves as lIbertarians but they want their vote to matter, so they align with the party that they are closest to & money that can get them there. Voting indepedant is just throwing your vote away until you put up a 45% candidate instead of the 1-2%. You only prove my point Warp, the voter is the problem.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 08:57..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12   #123
myglocksrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
Because he wasn't Obama.
Yes, Mccain is no different than obama other than one is a republican and one is a democrat, anyone who thinks we would have been better off with mcain is delusional, Romney would have been better not because he himself is any better than obama but because he would have been pressured to be conservative. Mcain is the biggest piece of garbage ever he disgusts me
myglocksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13   #124
captaintrips

Remember 2000? Ralph Nader cost Gore many thousands of votes in Florida. Were it not for him we would have had President Gore.

Even adding 2% (that went to conservative third parties) to McCain or Romney, Obama would still have won....it's simple math.

The GOP puts out marginal candidates. Until that changes, nothing will change.
captaintrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:10   #125
Tiro Fijo

Talk about thread drift!!!
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13   #126
triggerjerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by myglocksrock View Post
Yes, Mccain is no different than obama other than one is a republican and one is a democrat, anyone who thinks we would have been better off with mcain is delusional, Romney would have been better not because he himself is any better than obama but because he would have been pressured to be conservative. Mcain is the biggest piece of garbage ever he disgusts me
I tend to agree with this.

How many republicans stayed home on election day because Romeny wasn't "conservative enough"? It seems some were willing to let Obama win to prove their point about not liking Romney for one reason or another . . .
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 16:59   #127
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by myglocksrock View Post
There you go, you make my point perfectly about voters. So you really think McCain, as squishy as he is, would have been a worse president than the POS we have now? Really? Now who is delusional? I have never seen a Republican candidate that wouldn't do a better job in ANY position than a hard core liberal like Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. Voters are the problem. When only 30% of people know who the VP is after 4yrs, yeah serious problem. When voters can't see that voting for the lesser of two evils is better than voting pure evil, yeah serious problem.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 17:04..
Old 04-17-2013, 17:02   #128
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Talk about thread drift!!!
If you don't think ammo availability is about the current political climate, then you are not paying attention.
Old 04-17-2013, 17:39   #129
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
If you don't think ammo availability is about the current political climate, then you are not paying attention.

Of course it is & that's why GT has a Political Forum.
Old 04-17-2013, 21:13   #130
fredj338

Quote:
Of course it is & that's why GT has a Political Forum.
Well, if you don't want to respond, don't. I don't appreciate anyone telling me when, where or how I should respond, here, in any public forum, or anywhere else for that matter, thread drift or not.

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 21:14..
Old 04-17-2013, 21:49   #131
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Well, if you don't want to respond, don't. I don't appreciate anyone telling me when, where or how I should respond, here, in any public forum, or anywhere else for that matter, thread drift or not.

Fred, calm down or I'll report you to Feinstein & Boxer!!

Old 04-17-2013, 22:00   #132
fredj338

Quote:
Fred, calm down or I'll report you to Feinstein & Boxer!!

Along with Pelosi, they already have me watched by a special detail.

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 22:01..
Old 04-18-2013, 19:10   #133
Tiro Fijo

Fred, yes I know that everything right now is VERY political. Your POV is my POV on this. When it comes to hunting I value your opinion and that of Canyon Man at the top of the heap as you fellas have a lot of "flight time" in the field.

The good news is that some prices are dropping at the jobber level and availability is supposedly coming back. I heard that from a dealer today who said he just got in a boatload of ammo from Ellet Bros. and that some of his prices have indeed dropped. Hopefully, that is a sign of a light at the end of the tunnel.......................

or an oncoming train.
Old 04-18-2013, 21:54   #134
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You'll know it has loosened up when all (or the majority) of the Walmarts, Cabela's, Bass Pro, Academy, etc etc have a varied selection of ammo and no purchase limits.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 04-18-2013 at 21:55..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 23:53   #135
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
You'll know it has loosened up when all (or the majority) of the Walmarts, Cabela's, Bass Pro, Academy, etc etc have a varied selection of ammo and no purchase limits.
Yep, that & the bigger on line places start taking orders again.
Old 04-19-2013, 13:36   #136
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
fredj338:

I have never seen a Republican candidate that wouldn't do a better job in ANY position than a hard core liberal like Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. Voters are the problem. When only 30% of people know who the VP is after 4yrs, yeah serious problem. When voters can't see that voting for the lesser of two evils is better than voting pure evil, yeah serious problem.

Amen Fred !

Just passing through....

I went into Dallas last weekend to a large gun show there, and the tables were more void of large selection of guns than usual, and also ammo.

I hand load everything pretty much, so this was not a real concern to me personally, as far as "buying ammo" goes, but was 'personal' on the basis of being an American, and seeing what liberal weaners have done, and doing, to this country.

They don't bring peace, they weild the sword of fear to the people, and the people get into "Panic" (shame on them) and that too, causes the shortages we now see in many areas of life. It is a domino effect... If "I" get started, I'll probably be banned from GT, I would not be as polite as my good amigo Fred was, so I'll leave er' there..

What ammo was there, was 30-ish dollars per 20 for Hornady XTP's and $99.00 for a 100ct. box of WWB 230gr 45acp !!!

Glock prices were 600.00 to 800.00 for a G20, and pushing 600.00 for most other models.

I went there to get a new Sig and got one, but paid a bit more for it than I wanted to, but it was the only one left, I went a long way, and I wanted the gun, so I got it...

P220R 45acp Extreme:

Caliber Corner

Caliber Corner

Had to show it off boys...

I am now busy at the bench.... Ha !

I did notice as we went into a Walmart there (and I hate these stores ha) their shelves were BARE. No pistol ammo, and hardly a box of rifle ammo. Same story at the Cabela's in Mckinney, Tx. Again, glad I hand load, and would suggest to everyone who does not to start while ya can...

So, before I get on the the trail of these political pollcats, and all the other stuff I could share, I'll just say, hold on fellas, and don't panic. Fear is not healthy, and only leads to depression and more fear, and on and on...

Good shooting, and everyone stay safe !

God bless ya.

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 04-19-2013 at 13:41..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48   #137
carbuncle
is not cool.

I think the ammo situation is loosening up right now, I'm seeing local stores with all calibers in stock (maybe just one brand of each rather than a selection, but they have ammo) pretty regularly over the last couple weeks. For whatever reason Walmart is still empty, but there are several things that may be going on there, at both he local store and national supply chain levels.

Posted from my car phone.
Old 04-26-2013, 13:12   #138
Rev.357

It's getting better! Just last night I got 250rds from our walmart it's the frist time in 6 months!
NRA Pistol Instructor
SC CWP Instructor
Rev.357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 13:28   #139
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.357 View Post
It's getting better! Just last night I got 250rds from our walmart it's the frist time in 6 months!
Try again next month & get back to me. One of the biggest chain gun shops out here has some ammo form time to time, but nothing like it did 6m ago. No, it's not getting better yet. less worse maybe, but not better.
Old 04-26-2013, 15:49   #140
voomie

It will still be a while. Starting to see ammo that was close to my max price point last night but it was all bought up by morning. Suppliers still have to catch up on back orders.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
voomie is offline   Reply With Quote