SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:59   #1
crater
NRA Member

Help with pop ups

Running Windows 7 and I.E. Just recently I started getting the same pop ups..When I am on GT the 1st pop up asks questions like this: Searching for Glocl Talk GNG Glockers club lounge? then in blue it wil as stuff like: find local jobs.

Then it will say get a monster advantage with job hunting
strategies. Tips and advice. In the top right corner where the x to delete usually is it reads : chika

Bottom right of the message it says: click here.

If I open another thread there is a different message with nasty words in it. I can't find a way to delete it without going to another to another post.

Also when I go to another web site like rimfire central and open a thread about Marlins, the questions are marlin related.

I also get a box with phones jumping around with the question:
How many lphones are bouncing. This one I can delete by clicking on the x.

These are to only pop up's I'm getting, except for the chevy ad.

What have I done and how do I get rid of it.

Also, is it safe to check my bank account on this compute, and pay some bills?

Thanks so much in advance, and as you can tell I know nothing about computers........

NRA Member, Viet Nam Vet 1965-1966,Life Member D.A.V., Member American Legion, Life Member V.V.A.
crater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51   #2
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

Use Chrome and AdBlock and Better PopUp Blocker. Both are free and I only see ads when I run GT on my phone.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:54   #3
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by crater View Post
Running Windows 7 and I.E. Just recently I started getting the same pop ups..When I am on GT the 1st pop up asks questions like this: Searching for Glocl Talk GNG Glockers club lounge? then in blue it wil as stuff like: find local jobs.

Then it will say get a monster advantage with job hunting
strategies. Tips and advice. In the top right corner where the x to delete usually is it reads : chika

Bottom right of the message it says: click here.

If I open another thread there is a different message with nasty words in it. I can't find a way to delete it without going to another to another post.

Also when I go to another web site like rimfire central and open a thread about Marlins, the questions are marlin related.

I also get a box with phones jumping around with the question:
How many lphones are bouncing. This one I can delete by clicking on the x.

These are to only pop up's I'm getting, except for the chevy ad.

What have I done and how do I get rid of it.

Also, is it safe to check my bank account on this compute, and pay some bills?

Thanks so much in advance, and as you can tell I know nothing about computers........
That is malware or a virus. You need to make sure your AV/Malware software is up to date and run it.

GT's ads have never done anything like what you describe, and there's some obvious signs you have malware, but the most obvious is that it's not isolated (for instance, when you're searching for marlin firearms)

I would not use that computer for banking until it's declared clean.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58   #4
r3dot

May want to dowbload spybot, combofix, and hijack this. They do a good job of clearing malware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:34   #5
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

I agree you have a virus/malware/ or some toolbar hijack. I recommend www.malwarebytes.com the free ought to do it.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:57   #6
crater
NRA Member

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.

I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials and it is up to date. Just ran a scan and found nothing.

I download Chrome and Ad Blocker and Better Pop Up Blocker.

Also down loaded Malwarebytes, and then found nothing.

Any other ideas. I would hate to take this to a shop and be charge money I don't have if it is some simple fix.

Please let me know some other ideas. Is it bad to download to many different programs..?

Thanks again,
Rick

NRA Member, Viet Nam Vet 1965-1966,Life Member D.A.V., Member American Legion, Life Member V.V.A.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:06   #7
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

So using Chrome and the ad blockers didn't help?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:07   #8
crater
NRA Member

Not at all...??????

Old 03-18-2013, 12:12   #9
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

Look at the top of your browser and you will see "View" click then "toolbars" and see if anything checked looks odd there. If so, uncheck it and see if that helps. Did you do a deep scan with MSE and Malbytes?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:14   #10
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

Check if you have a rootkit or some other problem. Download TDSSKiller at this link. http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses...?qid=208280684

Last edited by Sgt.K; 03-18-2013 at 12:14..
Sgt.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:31   #11
RDW
BTDT

GREAT little for this is "Ad Muncher" - Google it.
Formerly Posted as "Big Dawg #383" (10/2000)
Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.
RDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 13:17   #12
crater
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
Look at the top of your browser and you will see "View" click then "toolbars" and see if anything checked looks odd there. If so, uncheck it and see if that helps. Did you do a deep scan with MSE and Malbytes?
Sgt. K, I do not have a "view" at the top of my browser which shows tools, I do have a star which shows views but it only shows favorites, feeds & history. No funny there.

I re ran a full scan on Malware on c drive only and it did find one object which was trojan.agent fsa44 which was removed correctly. That did not help in fact I am looking at the strange message as I type this......

Old 03-18-2013, 13:26   #13
crater
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDW View Post
GREAT little for this is "Ad Muncher" - Google it.
Went and did a google on that and immediately the box in the right corner poped up and read:

searching for ad muncher
then in blue "dowload super ad muncher now"
instantly download latest version 100% free....

It seems to be reading everything I am searching for or posting on.......

Old 03-18-2013, 13:33   #14
Sgt.K
They Just Work!

If you have a restore point prior to when you began having this problem that may be your only solution. Sorry.
Old 03-18-2013, 13:39   #15
r3dot

The programs I recommended (except spybot) will dig a lot deeper than what you are using. Combofix is another good one.

If you run Hijack this, it will give you a log in notepad once it's done. If you want to post that here, we can take a look.

Last edited by r3dot; 03-18-2013 at 13:39..
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 15:47   #16
crater
NRA Member

Hey Guy's I really appreciate all the help and info. I just ran a complete full scan with MS and it did not find anything.

I am getting ready for bed and will try the other options mentioned, tmrw when I get back from the hospital...

Once again, thanks and ya'all have a good evening.

Rick

Old 03-18-2013, 16:11   #17
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by crater View Post
Went and did a google on that and immediately the box in the right corner poped up and read:

searching for ad muncher
then in blue "dowload super ad muncher now"
instantly download latest version 100% free....

It seems to be reading everything I am searching for or posting on.......
Because that is what malware does. (another reason you don't want to be messing w/ online banking right now)

Once again, this is not a GT problem. You've done something that has infected your computer.

Do you have any "toolbars" running in Internet Explorer? If so, uninstall them... those things are famous for this sort of thing.

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 03-18-2013 at 16:16..
Old 03-19-2013, 04:46   #18
crater
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Because that is what malware does. (another reason you don't want to be messing w/ online banking right now)

Once again, this is not a GT problem. You've done something that has infected your computer.

Do you have any "toolbars" running in Internet Explorer? If so, uninstall them... those things are famous for this sort of thing.
Beleive me, I know this is not a GT problem. I just asked here because this is the only forum I know of that I can trust and have good results in the past. I also do not know how to do some of the things that were recommended such as your suggestions above.

I guess I'll just take it to the local shop.....

Thanks again to everybody.....

Old 03-20-2013, 05:15   #19
crater
NRA Member

Update....As I was getting ready to take this thing to the shop this morning, I turned it on to remove my "remember me" from some sites. It appears that Malware is now blocking. I get the message in the lower right hand corner an it says that it has block items from website 93.115 etc etc. (dont know if it is safe even to give out the rest of the numbers. It is the same site all the time but with different port numbers also says process:ieplore.exe.....

Is it now safe to work as normal??

One more question, I am not sure if I have downloaded Chrome properly...I do have the chrome icon on the bottom
tool bar but also still get I.E. When I try to open in Chrome all I get is the search page. When I open in I.E. , I get the question on the bottom of the screen asking if I want to make I.E. my default browser...What do I need to do in regards to Chrome and I.E.

Again, many many thanks guy's, you have saved me a lot of money. Will probably spend that amount on the Spiral stakes
this week-end.....

Old 03-20-2013, 05:33   #20
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

I would still take it and get it looked at.

IGF