Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2013, 22:32   #1
rustytxrx

Theistic innatism

Have you ever watched a garden spider weave a web? Did you think about how the spider knew what to do?

How about just hatched sea turtles on TV. They dig out and head toward the lightest direction???

Did you ever wonder why we make dumb faces and talk baby talk to our children?

Is it odd that certain areas of our brain handel certain task. Motor, speech, etc. as we learn new skills making news neural connections subsequently supporting the new function. Exactly how "blank" a child immature brain is seem to changing over the years. If you have had kids you could see a personality very early.

I can see that a god neural pathway would be a species survival mechanism. In aboriginals the concept of god does not seem as prevalent. The certainly had supernatural ideology in demos and spririts

I have looked for documentation to back up the thought. I would be surprised that there been brain studies to try and find such a spot.

I think I'll make a documentation search for supporting studies
I got a phone call a few months ago from a college friend. He was razzing me as usual. He told me that he just watched a TV program and they had found my god spot it the brain. I ask him what supernatural ghost channel he was watching. He assured me it was on the up and up.....yea right. I have thought for some time that Thiestic Innatism of the 18th(??) may have been in part right.

Last edited by rustytxrx; 03-20-2013 at 07:16..
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:53   #2
Vic Hays

Yes, there is a God spot in the human brain. It's location is given in the Bible. It is the portion of the human brain located in the forehead.

Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 03-20-2013 at 01:54..
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:54   #3
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

What part of the brain handles spelling?
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:22   #4
rustytxrx

Missing part sorry and a love/hate relationship with iPad.

Last edited by rustytxrx; 03-20-2013 at 05:25..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58   #5
scottz0369

In various belief systems including new age, occult, and some eastern religions, there is reference to the "third eye" located on the forehead and associated with the pineal gland. The quote from revelations in a previous post would indicate that it may have been recognized by John.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
scottz0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56   #6
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz0369 View Post
In various belief systems including new age, occult, and some eastern religions, there is reference to the "third eye" located on the forehead and associated with the pineal gland. The quote from revelations in a previous post would indicate that it may have been recognized by John.

Hindu calls it Chakra and Taoism it is called Chan.
ezthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:38   #7
scottz0369

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthumper View Post
Hindu calls it Chakra and Taoism it is called Chan.
Yep, either the 1st or 6th chakra; I don't recall exactly which.

scottz0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 17:15   #8
rustytxrx

Oh dang it appears the god helmet did not stand up to pier review. Tis the petty. I have several frig magnates and old helmets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

I guess I will wait on science. Hey in the mean time maybe work on cold fusion. That seems easy

Edit
Ok I am leaving this misspelling I kinda like the thought of pier review and iPad must of thought it funny ( can ipads think)

Last edited by rustytxrx; 03-20-2013 at 17:20..
Old 03-20-2013, 18:09   #9
rustytxrx

Oh to heck with peer review! Think of the Internet sales potential. We could have a special upgrade for athiest. Have an upgrade to special tuned ones for Baptists, Chatolics. We are talking money here.

Get your God Helmet on www.god.tu PayPal only

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now you have to admit that was a long way to go for the punch line . I enjoy Forum but it seems short on humor.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:47   #10
Ronny
Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz0369 View Post

The pineal gland in the brain produces endogenous DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) which is associated with spiritual phenomena of all kinds. DMT is used by shamans in a psychedelic brew called ayuhausca and is illegal in the US just like LSD. What is ironic in this is that DMT is found in every human brain so we all are in bodily possession of an illegal "drug".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine
Old 03-23-2013, 10:17   #11
rustytxrx

Ronnie, that makes Ezekiel easier to understand
Old 03-23-2013, 22:30   #12
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
Have you ever watched a garden spider weave a web? Did you think about how the spider knew what to do?

How about just hatched sea turtles on TV. They dig out and head toward the lightest direction???

Did you ever wonder why we make dumb faces and talk baby talk to our children?

Is it odd that certain areas of our brain handel certain task. Motor, speech, etc. as we learn new skills making news neural connections subsequently supporting the new function. Exactly how "blank" a child immature brain is seem to changing over the years. If you have had kids you could see a personality very early.

I can see that a god neural pathway would be a species survival mechanism. In aboriginals the concept of god does not seem as prevalent. The certainly had supernatural ideology in demos and spririts

I have looked for documentation to back up the thought. I would be surprised that there been brain studies to try and find such a spot.

I think I'll make a documentation search for supporting studies
I got a phone call a few months ago from a college friend. He was razzing me as usual. He told me that he just watched a TV program and they had found my god spot it the brain. I ask him what supernatural ghost channel he was watching. He assured me it was on the up and up.....yea right. I have thought for some time that Thiestic Innatism of the 18th(??) may have been in part right.
I read that a year or so ago. The gist of the article was that people are innately superstitious. When we were hunter gathers living in the wild it was a survivor trait. If we was something moving in the bushes we naturally assumed it was dangerous. If there was a possibility of stacking the deck on our behalf in a hunt or a battle, we took that chance. The people who were overly superstitious were more likely to survive than those who were not because they were less likely to get surprised and caught off guard. A by-product of that excessive superstition was the invention of the supernatural. Of course, the believers will say God put it there. IMO, natural selection explains it better.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote