Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-18-2013, 16:23   #1
randr1979

OT: Jetski

friends, would you have any first hand information on how costly it is to keep and maintain a jetski here sa mindanao?

we live near a river which opens up to the sulu sea and plan to get a recreational watercraft to take us to islands nearby, living near the river means we can make do without a trailer. banca takes too long and frankly is too noisy.

will a 50cc wave runner be sufficient to get two adults and gear across 21kms of open water in decent time? say less than an hour?
randr1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 17:35   #2
Allegra

did you say 50cc or 500cc waverunner? I didnt know waverunners have that small engines
I hope you meant 500cc, 21km is a lot of ocean to cover
Bakit di nalang speed boat though i'm not sure kung iba ang hull ng saltwater at freshwater na boat, kasi ilog at dagat ang tubig jan

ang ganda naman jan sa lugar mo
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 18:01   #3
randr1979

oh my mistake, yes 500cc, the speedboat, well that is way out of budget hehe. i think the fact that we'll do river and ocean on the same jetski won't be a problem, it's the bigger vessels that usually need to be modified, flat bottoms required for relatively shallow river cruises.

yup, it's pretty okay here...it's zamboanga del norte's poorest city the locals tell me, but nobody here actually believes that. how can we be poor if i can feed myself for three days on 20 pesos worth of fish and 40 pesos worth of rice? i got tuloy fish season to thank for that.
Old 04-18-2013, 19:15   #4
glak
perpeksyon

di pa siguro polluted ang ilog dyan. kumusta naman ang peace & order?
glak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:30   #5
randr1979

there is peace and order. haven't heard of snatchers or muggers though there supposedly was one jewelry store that got held up a few weeks ago. for now madami checkpoint kasi election season, but they hardly ever check anybody. i'm inclined to believe that the people here are nicer to each other because the population density is low and the competition for resources isn't very fierce.

people get nasty when the population density gets too high.

people are cash poor but most can feed themselves, begging is basically non existent though there are some badjaos that occasionally show up in highly populated areas near the shore.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:15   #6
Shiloh228

I was thinking this was a Polish airliner...
Old 04-19-2013, 23:30   #7
randr1979

haha not quite (a polish airline), personal watercraft i meant, jetski apparently is a kawasaki trademark.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:55   #8
sig-glock

Have you considered a punt? It's an all metal flat bottom boat that uses an outboard motor. best used as a run-about. You would also be able to carry more stuff/passenger. I believe you can have it made locally due to the simple design.

http://www.aluminium.savageboats.com.au/punt305.html

I did have an old 2006 seadoo rxt 215. For the price, I swapped it for a ski boat (same price range in my neck of the woods)
sig-glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 17:36   #9
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF

Send a message via Yahoo to MERCMADE
300-350k buys you a small 2nd hand speed boat in manila( 4 seater )
magkano ba jetski?

Last edited by MERCMADE; 04-22-2013 at 17:37..
MERCMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 19:17   #10
Allegra

last I heard nasa 800k daw si seadoo
If you consider the price of the jetski, cost of maintenance,cost of lugging it around everytime you want to use it, pagod maglinis,no of times I can use it a month.....mas madali pa magrent
Parang motor din daw yan. Malunkot mag isa , mas maganda kung barkadahan
At least kung speed boat, you can fish,dive etc
That said...... ang sarap naman talaga mag jetski hehe pahiram
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:26   #11
sig-glock

Jetski like the seadoo? Mine can be purchased for approx. 400k(converted) second hand in Oz. New? Allegras' price is about right. Don't know the prices locally(Phil).

Allegra is right. More fun when there's more of them otherwise you just look lonely..

More fun with a ski boat. You can bring a few people and take turns driving and skiing/water boarding. Very light and quick as well.
sig-glock is offline   Reply With Quote