GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48   #76
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,501
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
So it's my birthday today.. I am 30 now......f...

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:57   #77
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,476
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMolina628 View Post
Wisdom teeth can make life hell if they are impacted. Feel better soon!
Thanks. It's feeling better today, but I haven't eaten much yet, either. We'll see how it plays out at work.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 19:55   #78
Gombey
Senior Member
 
Gombey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
So it's my birthday today.. I am 30 now......f...

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
HAPPY BURFDAY!!!

Hey, going 30 beats the alternative!!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
----
If not me, then who?
Gombey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 20:42   #79
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,501
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
HAPPY BURFDAY!!!

Hey, going 30 beats the alternative!!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
sure does and it's awesome to celebrate it in LA, although my gf is sick.
Still went to Santa Monica Pier. Crowded but nice. Hello sunburn.

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21   #80
merlynusn
Senior Member
 
merlynusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMolina628 View Post
Received a letter in the mail from the University congratulating me on finishing my degree, and a "discount" voucher for grad school application they are willing to give me $2.00 off! Just add it to my $19,000.00 bill.
It's why I'm really not interested in a masters degree. I think it'd cost something around $25,000. Granted, the VA (GI Bill) will probably cover most of that, but still.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 13:51   #81
RMolina628
got a job!
 
RMolina628's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
It's why I'm really not interested in a masters degree. I think it'd cost something around $25,000. Granted, the VA (GI Bill) will probably cover most of that, but still.
I would understand if a Masters degree would make a huge difference in income, but in this line of work it would never pay for itself.
__________________
G22, G19, SA EMP 9MM, Sig P225
RMolina628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 16:01   #82
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese
 
GumbyDammit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Not nearly close enough to Fiji
Posts: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
sure does and it's awesome to celebrate it in LA, although my gf is sick.
Still went to Santa Monica Pier. Crowded but nice. Hello sunburn.

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
Happy Birthday! At least waking up to a sick GF is better than waking up and being 46 yrs old. That one's coming up for me.
__________________
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.

Last edited by GumbyDammit; 04-08-2013 at 16:15..
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 18:59   #83
Gombey
Senior Member
 
Gombey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMolina628 View Post
I would understand if a Masters degree would make a huge difference in income, but in this line of work it would never pay for itself.
There is a department around here that gives 10% increase if you have a masters or higher. No, it won't pay for itself but there is possible incentive.

Also, you can teach at a College or University w/a masters after you retire. May not be something you wish to do, but I plan on teaching a few psych 101 and criminal justice 101 courses just to keep busy. It'll help w/my ammo budget too.

CJ, with FTA and student loan repayment (if you don't have it now get it if/when you re-up) you can get a free masters degree. I haven't even touched my GI Bill yet.

Just sayin


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
----
If not me, then who?
Gombey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 20:22   #84
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,501
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
There is a department around here that gives 10% increase if you have a masters or higher. No, it won't pay for itself but there is possible incentive.

Also, you can teach at a College or University w/a masters after you retire. May not be something you wish to do, but I plan on teaching a few psych 101 and criminal justice 101 courses just to keep busy. It'll help w/my ammo budget too.

CJ, with FTA and student loan repayment (if you don't have it now get it if/when you re-up) you can get a free masters degree. I haven't even touched my GI Bill yet.

Just sayin


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
spend 255 bucks at the lapd store today.

They even let me try the simulator at the academy and a colleague and I played some scenarios where you shoot at a video wall with sim guns. I hit pretty good, the lapd guy was impressed.

Would start working in the states tomorrow if I could

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 21:46   #85
Gombey
Senior Member
 
Gombey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
spend 255 bucks at the lapd store today.

They even let me try the simulator at the academy and a colleague and I played some scenarios where you shoot at a video wall with sim guns. I hit pretty good, the lapd guy was impressed.

Would start working in the states tomorrow if I could

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
Do what I did, find an American girl willing to marry you. Then enlist. Instant citizenship! LOL!!!!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
----
If not me, then who?
Gombey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 23:14   #86
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,501
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
Do what I did, find an American girl willing to marry you. Then enlist. Instant citizenship! LOL!!!!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
where did you came from? Still I think my gf wouldn't like that idea (and I am not sure I would want to go to war )

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 00:59   #87
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,320
Blog Entries: 1
Enlist in the Coast Guard and get hazard pay when you go off shore more than 1 mile.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:44   #88
Gombey
Senior Member
 
Gombey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
where did you came from? Still I think my gf wouldn't like that idea (and I am not sure I would want to go to war )

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
Ahh, she'll understand. After you get your citizenship she can get hers. That's what I call winning!! LOL!!!

After you enlist you can tell your CO that your not deploying. (S)he will understand.

I'm from Bermuda.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
----
If not me, then who?
Gombey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:40   #89
merlynusn
Senior Member
 
merlynusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMolina628 View Post
I would understand if a Masters degree would make a huge difference in income, but in this line of work it would never pay for itself.
Well my issue is that I hate research and love my free time. I'd be able to get the GI Bill to cover the tuition costs so it really wouldn't be much out of pocket.

And the only reason would be to set up my second career, whatever that happens to be.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:30   #90
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,501
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
Ahh, she'll understand. After you get your citizenship she can get hers. That's what I call winning!! LOL!!!

After you enlist you can tell your CO that your not deploying. (S)he will understand.

I'm from Bermuda.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
oh yes both will probably understand lol.

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14   #91
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,530
Hola?
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:21   #92
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,320
Blog Entries: 1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06   #93
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,476
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38   #94
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned
 
RyanNREMTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 4,530
back.

How's everyone's week going?
__________________
Support Free Range Shopping Carts on Facebook.
RyanNREMTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:55   #95
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,501
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
good here in LA. Don't want to fly back to Austria..
If I only had more money than I would open a small business here and get a visa

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09   #96
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,476
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
good here in LA. Don't want to fly back to Austria..
If I only had more money than I would open a small business here and get a visa

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
Save your pennies!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:50   #97
Horror
Polizei
 
Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,180
Send a message via ICQ to Horror

great video
__________________
Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, its not the end.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52   #98
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,476
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
JAMBOG!

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1481481

__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17   #99
Horror
Polizei
 
Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,180
Send a message via ICQ to Horror
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
just saw it
__________________
Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, its not the end.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 20:48   #100
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,320
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
good here in LA. Don't want to fly back to Austria..
If I only had more money than I would open a small business here and get a visa

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/
It only costs half a mil US$ to get yourself an investment visa and green card.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 696
175 Members
521 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42