Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:54   #1
D.B.Cooper

3.5 pound connector questions

I have a gen 3 G17 I am thinking about geting a 3.5 pound connector installed. How much will it lighten up the trigger? What is the best brand of connector to use? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.
D.B.Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11   #2
dwm2112

I purchased a 3.5 pound kit from King Glock that included the 3.5 Ghost ultimate connector and a few lighter springs. My G17 had only had 200 rounds through it at the time and the triggers pull was measured to be be 7 pounds from the factory. After the parts were installed the pull only dropped to 6 pounds. It has a much better feel and significantly better reset with the new parts but I was hoping for a pull closer to 5 pounds. At this point I am hoping it lightens up some more with more use.
dwm2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:14   #3
SouthernBoyVA

I tested five different connectors in my primary carry gen3 G23 and found the Glock 3.5 connector (part #00135) to be the best of the lot for my purposes. As for how much lighter your trigger will be with a 3.5 connector, I can tell you with certainty it isn't going to get down to 3.5 pounds. It will drop around 1/2 a pound at best.

This same G23 I mentioned has the above Glock 3.5 connector, a six pound trigger spring from GlockParts.com, and the 25 cent trigger job on all metal contact points and it comes in at a measured 5 pounds. This works just fine for me with this gun.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:22   #4
barth
six barrels

The safest bet is an OEM Glock "-" connector.
Be advised that for carry many recommend the addition of a NY1 spring module in conjunction with the "-" connector.

According to GTs very own Self Defense Expert Mas Ayoob.
Glock approves "-" connector with a NY1 spring module for carry.

Last edited by barth; 04-05-2013 at 09:27..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:13   #5
dusty_dragon

if not a CC/SD/HD-gun:
OEM Glock "-" connector, plus wolff lighter FP safety spring, plus wolff heavier trigger spring, plus wolff lighter FP/striker-spring

most effect you will get from a lighter FP/striker spring, but this could result in soft primer strikes and your round won't go bang, just gotta check it with all springs installed if it works properly or not.
if not, you could check out a titanium FP/striker or re-install the OEM FP spring with the OEM FP/striker

if CC/SD/HD-gun:
i wouldn't touch the FP spring, all the other springs will lighten the trigger pull, but won't cause soft primer strikes, if you want or don't want a light trigger on a CC-gun is your own decision
dusty_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:30   #6
oneuglygun

I used the Glock connector in my 35 and it is really great. I didn't change any springs. In my gen 4 17 I used the Ghost, but it is not as good as the 35. May just need to be used more. Not really sure.

Last edited by oneuglygun; 04-05-2013 at 11:31..
oneuglygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 14:57   #7
mainegunner

Connecter

Stick with the Glock 3.5
Old 04-05-2013, 15:23   #8
Chronos

Go to the new connector only if you are happy with a "rolling" feel to the trigger break, more like a DA trigger. If you prefer a "crisp" SA feel to the break, stay with the stock connector. You can always replace a couple springs to lighten the pull a bit without sacrificing the feel of the break.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 15:28   #9
JBP55

The average trigger pull reduction with a - connector is 1#. People will argue forever about which is best. Use OEM parts when possible.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38   #10
D.B.Cooper

Good info thanks everyone!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:48   #11
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B.Cooper View Post
Good info thanks everyone!
There can only be 1 D.B. Cooper.......

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=170887

Old 04-06-2013, 09:04   #12
cajun_chooter

I installed a Glock 3.5lb connector in my G19... then i changed the firing pin spring Glock part #6.. after that i changed the safety spring Glock #9... at my last steel match i started getting squibs... (not firing) .. so i got changed both firing pin & safety pin springs back to stock... the 3.5 made a difference ... trigger pull is 4.5lb ..
might do a polish job on the 3.5lb connector too .. it makes the trigger pull nicer..
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28   #13
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

I've used the Ghost drop-in 3.5 and a Glock 3.5. Agree with others above that I would stick with a Glock part. Just my opinion, but I found the Glock part to be superior to the Ghost.

I also use a NY1 trigger spring in conjunction with the 3.5 connector because these are in a carry gun. DO NOT USE THE 3.5 ALONE IN A CARRY WEAPON!

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke

Last edited by robhic; 04-06-2013 at 09:30..
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32   #14
D.B.Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
There can only be 1 D.B. Cooper.......

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=170887

Didn't know there was already one on here
Old 04-06-2013, 10:33   #15
D.B.Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhic View Post
I've used the Ghost drop-in 3.5 and a Glock 3.5. Agree with others above that I would stick with a Glock part. Just my opinion, but I found the Glock part to be superior to the Ghost.

I also use a NY1 trigger spring in conjunction with the 3.5 connector because these are in a carry gun. DO NOT USE THE 3.5 ALONE IN A CARRY WEAPON!
This is not my carry weapon. My carry weapon is a gen 4 G26.
Old 04-06-2013, 14:13   #16
SCmasterblaster

BTW, if you send your Glock to Glock GA for service, they will take out your 3.5 conn and put a std conn in your Glock, and then send your 3.5 conn in your pistol box separately when they return your Glock to you.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 04-06-2013 at 14:15..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 14:24   #17
dusty_dragon

even if it's a glock OEM "-" conn.?
dusty_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 20:01   #18
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
The average trigger pull reduction with a - connector is 1#. People will argue forever about which is best. Use OEM parts when possible.
I too find the 3.5 connector will only lighten about 3/4 to one pound max. Heavier trigger spring will reduce the pull about a pound. I tried the lighter firing pin spring but got misfires so the stock spring went back in immediately. Yes, few will agree on the best aftermarket connector but I have found Glockworx as good as any.
judgecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 20:08   #19
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Go to the new connector only if you are happy with a "rolling" feel to the trigger break, more like a DA trigger. If you prefer a "crisp" SA feel to the break, stay with the stock connector. You can always replace a couple springs to lighten the pull a bit without sacrificing the feel of the break.
This... I used to like the - connector, until I did a little work to the stock connector. I've even tried the Glockworx connector which was lighter, but I didn't like the feel.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:32   #20
ssdrew

I've tried a lone wolf connecter in my 17 along with the lone wolf spring kit and .25 cent trigger job. The safety plunger spring was extremly too light and wouldn't allow the trigger safety to work. I just put the facory plunger spring back in and it worked, but trigger was just too spongy for my liking.

I then did a little more research and read good things of the glockworx race connector. Ordered it along with the spring kit and loved it. It has some, but not much of a spongy feeling. I dont have a gauge, but im guessing it is around the 3.5lb mark. I've put a little over 1000rnds through this setup.

I plan on putting just the glockworx connector in my 26 once It comes in and see how it feels. I might order the factory glock connector and do a comparison.
ssdrew is offline   Reply With Quote