Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2013, 17:26   #1
SJ 40

CNBC to Premiere "America's Gun: Rise of the AR-15" April 25th

Not endorsing or promoting this documentary, just letting you know about it.

Think I will watch and then make up my mind as to whether they took a fair look at the subject,somehow NBC doesn't instill much in the way of fairness or objectivity. SJ 40

CNBC will air a documentary called “America’s Gun: The Rise of AR-15” on Thursday, April 25th at 10pm ET/PT, which I feel may be of great relevance to you and your association.
With approximately 4 million in circulation, the AR-15 is one of the most popular and misunderstood rifles in America. The documentary offers a window into the larger debate and the incendiary issues that surround it. Appealing to gun lovers and gun haters, it centers on the friction between those who abhor a rifle they believe belongs only on a battlefield, and those Americans who insist owning one is their inalienable right. Below are a few clips that showcase the life around the AR-15:
America’s Gun: The Rise of the AR-15 Preview
How does the AR-15 work?
Why is the AR-15 popular among women?
3D Printed Gun Parts
Tune-in Details: “America’s Gun: The Rise of the AR-15” on CNBC Thursday, April 25th 10pm ET/PT.
Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues, association, blogs and social networks . Also, join the conversation on Twitter with #RiseOfAR15 and @CNBCPrimeTV.
Feel free to contact me for more information about this AR-15 special or visit http://americasgun.cnbc.com.
Thank you and let us know your thoughts on the documentary.
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 17:34   #2
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Won't watch. Sure to be full of words like "assault rifle" and "fully automatic". If there's anybody who's sure to muck up a documentary of the AR-15, it's an NBC channel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bullittmcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:29   #3
TNZ71

Didn't NBC use explosives to dramatize gas tanks on Chevy side saddle gas tanks blowing up in crashes ?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
TNZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 14:09   #4
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNZ71 View Post
Didn't NBC use explosives to dramatize gas tanks on Chevy side saddle gas tanks blowing up in crashes ?
Yes, and they edited the 911 tape to make Zimmerman sound racist when he was merely responding to a question from the 911 operator.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-20-2013, 16:21   #5
SevenSixtyTwo

I'm going to watch it good or bad. Know your friends. Know your adversaries. The title alone suggests it might be a good one.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 16:50   #6
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

You might be VERY surprised. I recommend watching it. That's all I'm sayin'. :-)

Here's a promo

Last edited by racer88; 04-20-2013 at 18:32..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 16:53   #7
TedG
Infidel USA

I just hope they talk about the "Chart" and finally tell us which AR is the best.

Become an Organ Donor today:
Save as many as 50 lives. Thanks.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:53   #8
FireForged
Millenium #3936

I can only imagine how slanted, stereotypical and political this segment will be.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04   #9
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

I can only hope they finally explain to us what the "shoulder thingy that goes up" is........

Old 04-21-2013, 09:04   #10
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
I can only hope they finally explain to us what the "shoulder thingy that goes up" is........
hahaha!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06   #11
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Ok, did they have to go and find a person in bib overalls to explain how the ar-15 works. I know its a prop/trainer but why is the reporter standing in front of the rifle (holding the tip of the barrel) while the guy is pulling the trigger???

Last edited by FireForged; 04-21-2013 at 09:06..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10   #12
SevenSixtyTwo

"America's gun: Rise of the AR-15" Regardless of the show's content, they may have created the latest and greatest selling jingle for the AR-15.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:56   #13
USMCgs3

Its not a gun, its a weapon....

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
USMCgs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:15   #14
SS1

Dang,
Same time as the documentary, The mating habits of the Alabama snapping turtle
Would have been a Hard decision if I actually watched that Tokyo Rose Network.
SS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:32   #15
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

I understand the well-deserved skepticism of the media and the expectations that this report will be one-sided. I imagine it will LEAN that way, of course. But, I can tell you that it WILL present "our side." Please watch or set your DVRs. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself and then hearing the reactions here.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 21:32   #16
lilglockboy

We should have a bet on how many wrong facts they are going to give about the platform and how many times they say assault rifle, or clips and show shootings that never even were committed using the "AR 15"
lilglockboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:10   #17
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgs3 View Post
Its not a gun, its a weapon....

Bull****! It is a rifle. The vast majority of Americans who own them use them as sporting equipment. Although the USMC makes the most effective use of them as a weapon, even they teach Marines to call them rifles. Why play into the media and liberal agenda to demonize them by calling them weapons? Baseball bats are used as weapons, too. We do not call them weapons, we call them bats. Refer to them as rifles and refuse to play the game where liberals define the terms.

Last edited by Matthew Courtney; 04-22-2013 at 07:11..
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:25   #18
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Bull****! It is a rifle. The vast majority of Americans who own them use them as sporting equipment. Although the USMC makes the most effective use of them as a weapon, even they teach Marines to call them rifles. Why play into the media and liberal agenda to demonize them by calling them weapons? Baseball bats are used as weapons, too. We do not call them weapons, we call them bats. Refer to them as rifles and refuse to play the game where liberals define the terms.
Exactly. Part of going on the offensive in this political battle against anti-2A people is holding them accountable for their incorrect terminology. The government would have America believe that AR's are "weapons of war" and "assault weapons". Every time someone gets on TV and uses one of these terms, it becomes more and more etched into society as a whole. They use this tactic to make the rifles sound scary and make the public believe that you and I are running around the streets with the same rifles our soldiers are using in A'stan in war footage.

We are partly to blame here. Until we start using the right terminology and righting the wrongs, the anti-2A's will continue scaring people with these terms.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:30   #19
USMCgs3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
I wasn't trained to call it a gun or rifle, it was pounded in our heads that it was our weapon. If you look up the definition of weapon it suits the ar platform nicely. Your just trying to call it something its not to make it seem less "dangerous" to idiots who have no idea. I guess if the Corps is liberal then yeah I'm playing their game. I frankly don't give a damn what any liberal thinks of what I call my "gun".

USMCgs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:01   #20
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgs3 View Post
I wasn't trained to call it a gun or rifle, it was pounded in our heads that it was our weapon. If you look up the definition of weapon it suits the ar platform nicely. Your just trying to call it something its not to make it seem less "dangerous" to idiots who have no idea. I guess if the Corps is liberal then yeah I'm playing their game. I frankly don't give a damn what any liberal thinks of what I call my "gun".

I wasn't aware the USMC was issuing AR-15's these days. I thought the select fire M4 was the standard issue rifle.