Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:10   #21
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgs3 View Post
I wasn't trained to call it a gun or rifle, it was pounded in our heads that it was our weapon. If you look up the definition of weapon it suits the ar platform nicely. Your just trying to call it something its not to make it seem less "dangerous" to idiots who have no idea. I guess if the Corps is liberal then yeah I'm playing their game. I frankly don't give a damn what any liberal thinks of what I call my "gun".

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Whoever trained you to call it a weapon trained you incorrectly. Marine Corps doctrine is to call it a rifle. Your ignorance of Marine Corps Training Dostrine and the fact that you claim to have recieved incorrect training does not change anything.

http://www.marines.com/history-heritage/traditions

Both the M-4 and M-16 are assault rifles and weapons, and we have a natural right to have and use them as such. Still, USMC trains Marines to call them Rifles. AR-15's are used primarily as sporting equipment, not as weapons. You incorrectly called a different thing by a different name and are now arguing that changes what word best describes that different thing when used by a different group of people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Matthew Courtney; 04-22-2013 at 09:16..
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23   #22
USMCgs3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Whoever trained you to call it a weapon trained you incorrectly. Marine Corps doctrine is to call it a rifle. Your ignorance of Marine Corps Training Dostrine and the fact that you claim to have recieved incorrect training does not change anything.

http://www.marines.com/history-heritage/traditions

Both the M-4 and M-16 are assault rifles and weapons, and we have a natural right to have and use them as such. Still, USMC trains Marines to call them Rifles. AR-15's are used primarily as sporting equipment, not as weapons. You incorrectly called a different thing by a different name and are now arguing that changes what word best describes that different thing when used by a different group of people.
The m-16 was designed to be a weapon, the fact that internet "trainers" use them as paper shooters doesn't change the fact about their intended use. I never claimed I was "improperly" trained, I'd like to hear some of your experiences with the Marine Corps other then what you found on a google search.

USMCgs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27   #23
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

bullittmcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:34   #24
USMCgs3

I never said it wasn't a rifle, I said its not a gun. We were trained to call it a weapon, they never said it wasn't a rifle, just that its not a gun. You pulled that out of your hurting ass. We're also in a different time then most remember. Old Corps was ran a little different.

Last edited by USMCgs3; 04-22-2013 at 09:35..
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41   #25
USMCgs3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
Its a movie, any questions?

Old 04-22-2013, 09:47   #26
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:

My link was not to a youtube vid clipped from a movie. It was to the United States Marine Corps website.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:52   #27
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
I never said it wasn't a rifle, I said its not a gun. We were trained to call it a weapon, they never said it wasn't a rifle, just that its not a gun. You pulled that out of your hurting ass. We're also in a different time then most remember. Old Corps was ran a little different.

Now you have yourself all confused. The Marine Corps trains Marines to call them rifles, not to refrain from calling them rifles. Anyone who trained you to call it a weapon trained you incorrectly. As long as they trained you how to shoot the thing correctly, your incorrect training on nomenclature isn't important, except that you continue to recite the same misinformation as the liberal statists.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:00   #28
USMCgs3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
My link was not to a youtube vid clipped from a movie. It was to the United States Marine Corps website.
I understand that, but your arguing I said it wasn't a rifle right? I didn't intend to say it wasn't. I said we were told to call it a weapon, not a gun. What they called them 25-30 years ago idk, I joined in 2006 and the whole 13 weeks in bootcamp we had to call them weapons. Could it have been a new training method?? I quess maybe. But a lot of things changed recently in the MC since a woman took charge of Recruit training after i graduated, some not so good. I was just poking fun at the documentary piece, wasn't trying to ruffle feathers this morning.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:01   #29
glock031

Most likely a hit piece.

But portrayed as America's most popular rifle and one in common use could help our cause.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58   #30
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Quote:

It was a joke. Just trying to lighten the mood of the conversation.

bullittmcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:59   #31
USMCgs3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
It was a joke. Just trying to lighten the mood of the conversation.
Things can get heated real quick around here on a monday...

Old 04-22-2013, 20:32   #32
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock031 View Post
Most likely a hit piece.

But portrayed as America's most popular rifle and one in common use could help our cause.
I think you just summed it up but I'm going to watch it and find out. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 15:15   #33
SJ 40

I'm going to tune in tonight and see what kind of coverage they give it,I don't hold out much hope but we will see. SJ 40
Old 04-25-2013, 21:06   #34
SJ 40

Overall it came off with a Anti Gun slant,I don't think the media can help themselves especially NBC .
Then who did they trot out James Yeager,although in his favor he refused to answer a question and with the next question he stopped the interview.
I did want to give them a fair shot,pun intended.I was not impressed but then I didn't expect to be. SJ 40
Old 04-25-2013, 21:20   #35
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Yeah, James Yeager does not need to be the face and spokesperson for AR-15 owners.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 21:28   #36
MachineHead155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
Overall it came off with a Anti Gun slant,I don't think the media can help themselves especially NBC .
Then who did they trot out James Yeager,although in his favor he refused to answer a question and with the next question he stopped the interview.
I did want to give them a fair shot,pun intended.I was not impressed but then I didn't expect to be. SJ 40
The few times they brought up points that were pro-AR, they immediately went on with a "but" or a "however" and made the anti side the main show. Our arguments got tossed to the side and effectively made them forgettable. Ah well. I didn't have very high hopes either. No biggie. A year from now I doubt anyone will remember this "report" accept the hardcore antis who had no hope to begin with.
MachineHead155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 21:54   #37
oneuglygun

Couple of good points to take away : about 4% of the killings are with rifles, not AR rifles alone. Secondly, more murders are done with blunt objects than ARs !
oneuglygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 22:10   #38
Cole125
Silver Membership

Does anyone know where this show will be available to watch online?
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 23:25   #39
SGT HATRED

Watching now... pretty good, but I just saw a nurse/Dr.? say that the power of an AR is like no other. Not even a SHOTGUN can produce such damage! Seriously...?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42   #40
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Very well done, was more of a neutral report than I expected.
Sad to see Yeager on the show.......what a worthless human being!
eFing idiot! The world should have left him cowering in his ditch!

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 04-26-2013 at 06:46..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote