Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2013, 15:45   #1
rsbhunter

StormLake 10MM 6" bbl and feeding issues

I bought above bbl (NEW) in 6" to use for hunting. I am working up loads using all NEW brass (Starline) CCI 300 &350 LP primers and Hornady 180 and 200 XTP bullets. All loads are OAL @ 1.260, lightly chamfer inside and outside of case mouth, and have gone from no crimp, to med-hvy crimp using a Lee factory crimp die. When i first tried the new SL 6" bbl with a ISMI 22# spring and SS captured guide rod, i had alot of FTF's. I sent the bbl back to SL, who polished the feedramp and opened up the chamber.They gave me GREAT customer service, but even now, i get FTF'S.....i'm going to the range tomorrow to make sure, but on un-crimped rounds, i can't even release the slide lock and chamber the 1st round. Maybe i'm asking for what won't happen, but i honestly thought that i could buy a name brand bbl, and not have so many issues...Would i be better off to sell this, and buy a LW, or KKM...I'll even spring for a BAR-STO if i can have 99.9 % reliability.....By the way, all cases were resized in a RCBS carbide resize die before loading....any help would be greatly appreciated...rsbhunter
rsbhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 16:00   #2
RamRoddoc

Do the finished rounds chamber or fall short? If so, with new brass back off on the taper crimp. It should be tight enough to prevent set-back (chambering forces round deeper). Too tight and the brass may bulge an in a match grade chamber may prevent it from fully chambering.
Old 04-21-2013, 18:09   #3
rsbhunter

brass

They all chambered fine, it was just the feeding...i did polish the ramp and top of bbl, and it seems to have improved...might polish (small amount ) the face where the firing pin hole is , as it might be hanging alittle there...Thanks, rsbhunter
rsbhunter is offline   Reply With Quote