Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:57   #21
Rustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
If ya ain't got nothing to hide

Welcome to Obama's America.
Yep. Because one gunman is roaming the city streets my rights become void? Total 1984 mentality.

Im not scared of a terrorist~Im scared of a bunch of goons playing military.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:19   #22
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
Yep. Because one gunman is roaming the city streets my rights become void? Total 1984 mentality.

Im not scared of a terrorist~Im scared of a bunch of goons playing military.
So, what would be your plan to apprehend said gunman?

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
Old 04-21-2013, 09:33   #23
sweetsdream

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

As it turns out, the suspect was not in the parameter set by the police nor was he in anybody's house. This is very troubling to say the least.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-21-2013, 09:35   #24
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsdream View Post
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

As it turns out, the suspect was not in the parameter set by the police nor was he in anybody's house. This is very troubling to say the least.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by uz2bUSMC View Post
So, what would be your plan to apprehend said gunman?

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
Old 04-21-2013, 09:39   #25
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
I guess magic is the only logical solution... to keep everyone content AND safe?

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43   #26
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
I guess magic is the only logical solution... to keep everyone content AND safe?
Yeah, all I see are a bunch of folks complaining about the way it was handled, but I don't see any solutions being offered for a way to do it and stay within their guidelines, other than just keep driving around looking for the gunman and wait for more bombs to go off killing more innocent people.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:47   #27
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

What I see:

click HERE
Civil Liberties Issues

click HERE

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:50   #28
ClydeG19

Let's see what context is missing from the videos...how close is this to where the suspect was last seen? How long ago was it? Was there evidence or information to suggest he may still be in the area or in those houses in particular?

It's easy to MMQ after the fact when more facts are known. It's not so black and white when circumstances are so rapidly evolving.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:51   #29
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Yeah, all I see are a bunch of folks complaining about the way it was handled, but I don't see any solutions being offered for a way to do it and stay within their guidelines, other than just keep driving around looking for the gunman and wait for more bombs to go off killing more innocent people.
Yep. Now that you have said that, however, there should be someone along any moment to give the perfect solution utilizing hindsight as a foundation.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:51   #30
DocwithGlock

Whether or not you think forcibly removing Americans from their homes, in the name of public saftey, is good idea or not, there should be little doubt that the terrorists now know they can shut down a major metropolitan area with just one or two guys.

Last edited by DocwithGlock; 04-21-2013 at 09:52..
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54   #31
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocwithGlock View Post
Whether or not you think forcibly removing Americans from their homes, in the name of public saftey, is good idea or not, there should be little doubt that the terrorists now know they can shut down a major metropolitan area with just one or two guys.
It's nothing new. They've known that since 9/11.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:55   #32
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Yep. Now that you have said that, however, there should be someone along any moment to give the perfect solution utilizing hindsight as a foundation.
In before "All they had to do was check backyards for boats."

Old 04-21-2013, 09:56   #33
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocwithGlock View Post
Yep, the terrorists have won.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12   #34
BigDeeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Yep, the terrorists have won.
Not only has the government trampled the constitution but a large percent of the people believe it's the right thing to do.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:13   #35
FCastle88

Quote:
What if the Muslim was standing behind the door with a pistol to your wife's/kid's head telling you to say everything is good since he knows they are going to leave if you say that?

Then what?

Would you rather him not even try to hide in your house because he knows that regardless of what you say, they are going to check the house, or would you rather risk your family's safety because by God, the police can't search my house if I don't allow them to, especially in this rather extreme circumstance?
I'll take my chances with the suspect. I'd prefer my dogs not get shot when they react appropriately to the swat team coming in, or grabbing me when I answer the door. Especially considering the minuscule chance that the guy is actually in my house. Plus if he did break in my house the dogs going nuts and the gunshots would probably attract attention...

Personally I'm still rather curious how the guy managed to get away Thursday night to begin with. I can't find any details on how exactly the guy managed to slip away, but from what I was hearing that night it sounded like most of the police weren't getting close/not going after him because he might have more explosives. If so they essentially let a bombing suspect with explosives slip away, putting the city population at risk and causing this situation to begin with.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:14   #36
CBennett

Id invite them in, offer coffee, a cold drink or something to eat.. Thanks for protecting us! Then when they left offer a prayer for their safety and to find the SOB.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:25   #37
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
I'll take my chances with the suspect. I'd prefer my dogs not get shot when they react appropriately to the swat team coming in, or grabbing me when I answer the door. Especially considering the minuscule chance that the guy is actually in my house. Plus if he did break in my house the dogs going nuts and the gunshots would probably attract attention...

Personally I'm still rather curious how the guy managed to get away Thursday night to begin with. I can't find any details on how exactly the guy managed to slip away, but from what I was hearing that night it sounded like most of the police weren't getting close/not going after him because he might have more explosives. If so they essentially let a bombing suspect with explosives slip away, putting the city population at risk and causing this situation to begin with.
Easy to say that sitting in a comfortable chair talking about it online. "Tell them everything is fine and to go away or I will kill your wife and kids" would have a slightly different ring to it if it were actually happening given the suspect's recent history. Besides, not everyone has dogs, is armed (it's MA remember), and all that.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:25   #38
Ragnar

Quote:

From what I've read, he may have been listening to the scanner feed or following the twitters from people who were listening. So he basically knew what the cops were doing.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:29   #39
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Dear God GNG.....
Old 04-21-2013, 10:30   #40
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Yea? Well, how should they have dealt with him?

Closed Thread

Tags
handwringing