Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:48   #1
RussP

Okay, why don't y'all use this forum? You start a thread in GNG...

...which is against policy. Then, when it is brought back here, nothing.

Why?

Let's take LE topics. The cops are back here. Those holding opposing opinions seem to fade away.

Why?

*ASH* thinks it is funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
that is why cop stuff moved here to what a section with 4 threads in months roflmao
And G19G20, well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Figured it was only a short matter of time before GT mods (which happen to be LEO) are now shutting down or moving these threads into obscurity that contain info that may be viewed as very negative for police.

Good luck. Don't you know that only news articles espousing the "official story" and praising the JBTs get to stay out in the GNG forum for mass consumption? Silly silly CF.
I guess he believes this is some kind of GT LE member/GT Staff manufactured "Bermuda Triangle."

Eric created this forum for a more open, less restricted (to a point) discussion of topics he doesn't want discussed in GNG, even some that use to be talked about in Political Issues, Religious Issues, and others.

Why don't people use this forum to discuss those topics?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 14:20   #2
countrygun

All due respect, you answered your own question,

"Eric created this forum for a more open, less restricted (to a point) discussion of topics he doesn't want discussed in GNG,"

That is certainly NOT what some folks want. They want to be able to run in the room, throw a bomb, and then have rules and mods to shield them from consequences.

Many times they claim they want "to discuss topics that no one likes" but that is an untruth. What they want is to spread their particular propaganda unchallenged. Present them with a place where open discussion can occur (as they claim they want) and they scurry like cockroaches from the light. Their positions cannot stand the light of scrutiny and they well know it, They are merely anonymous propaganda machines like those who staple political signs to phone poles they are nothing more, be they uber libs, or uber cons. It's rhetoric and nothing more.

(was that too blunt?)
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 18:14   #3
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

hell im all for it being here , i have reported to ERIC the last 2 days that nobody was listening to the sticky !!!!! GNG gets over run with bs cop talk . and most of the time its the leo putting up the threads .

THIS IS WHERE IT SHOULD GO DOWN .LETS GET IT ON
Old 04-22-2013, 18:40   #4
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

What a typical GNG based Cop thread really is:

Civil Liberties Issues
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:24   #5
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
*ASH* thinks it is funny:
Quote:
hell im all for it being here , i have reported to ERIC the last 2 days that nobody was listening to the sticky !!!!! GNG gets over run with bs cop talk .
How would you define that, the "bs cop talk"?

What is "bs cop talk"?

What makes it "bs"?
Quote:
and most of the time its the leo putting up the threads .
So, in the last week, heck, since February 6 when Eric posted the restatement of policy, exactly which LEO put up the threads in GNG? Provide the links please.

Now, if you mean the time period before February 6, but after December 14, that was the "Post Newtown" period, Eric addressed that here:"Announcement: No More Police/Political/Civil Liberties-Related Threads In GNG" at the top of the GNG Lounge page, it takes you to Eric's thread titled, oddly enough, "No More Police/Political/Civil Liberties-Related Threads In GNG".
Quote:
No More Police/Political/Civil Liberties-Related Threads In GNG
Quote:
We opened a Cop Talk forum on GT more than ten years ago, along with a Political Issues forum and a Civil Liberties Issues forum. One of the primary reasons for these additions was to create a place for these always-divisive topics, so people wouldn't have to deal with them here. Most people don't want to chew over these topics every day and most that do can't seem to maintain any objectivity or decorum, when they indulge themselves.

With everything that has been happening over the last few months, I have relaxed the rules a bit, but it is time to rein things in. The fact is, most of the LEO threads started here are posted by someone with an agenda, pro or con, and most of these threads end badly.

From this point, if you want to discuss Cops or law enforcement, please do so in the Cop Talk forum. If you want to discuss laws, civil rights, civil liberties, etc, do it in the Civil Liberties forum. If you want to discuss politics, please do so in the Political Issues forum.

Obviously, with the state of current events in the US and the world, there will be news stories concerning politics that crop up almost daily. Topics about these stories can be posted here, but the moment they get dragged off-topic, they will be closed and the people who consistently drag these threads off-topic will be dealt with.

As for cop threads, I want them posted in Cop Talk.
Quote:
"most of the time its the leo putting up the threads "
If you are talking about the pre-December 14, they were problematic and were dealt with. And, yes, I would say that you would be safe in wagering that their previous behavior added weight to Eric's decision.
Quote:
THIS IS WHERE IT SHOULD GO DOWN .LETS GET IT ON
Quote:
Eric created this forum for a more open, less restricted (to a point) discussion
And that right there, that attitude is past the point that will not be tolerated.

If your purpose is to "GET IT ON," with law enforcement, your life is going to be pretty miserable. If your participation, or anyone else's, in threads here is to bait, taunt, insult, deride, demean, ridicule members of law enforcement, and if your posts are perceived to be meant to incite, instigate or provoke behavior in responding GT members, regardless of their profession, read my sigline:
Quote:
Quote:
"Kind of like the internet forums - flip someone off who you know is obligated to not break the law in response. Usually that type of stupidity eventually yields the rewards that are earned."
Quote:
Why don't people use this forum to discuss those topics?
It is because of members like you who come into threads wanting to "GET IT ON," with law enforcement instead of really discussing the topics.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:21   #6
Caver 60

I'm glad to finally see something being posted on this forum. I've had it bookmarked every since Eric's post and every time I come here, there are few if any discussions going on.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 14:59   #7
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

Russ , lighten up geexux your a mod here on glocktalk and you get into just as much mud slinging as any other posters because of your blind faith so give it a rest .

you ever here folks here say

ITS ON CUZZ

COOL STORY BRO

BAZINGA

LETS GET IT ON ???

it was used in a friggin joke form , . get a grip dude . i have not posted anything GETTING IT ON , roflmao

but i am glad all the cop bs is moved out of GNG and trust me I HAVE THANKED ERIC MANY TIMES FOR IT

LEO members are doing the exact same BS ,name calling and mud slinging as any member on glocktalk . AND LIKE CF stated half of them state the wrong laws or dont even understand them lol

it matters not who one is . mud slinglers are mud slingers and yeah you fit the bill as well .

since all this bs is out GNG im happy as a pig in ......;P

and everytime i see it in GNG i report it
which is very cool because nobody comes to this forum much lol

have a good day .

and you can incite bait me all you want , not happening . you look for any excuse to power trip on someone . many many many members have said it ,know it , and reported it .

as for the get it on comment you took it wrong ,it happens as there was no basis or agenda for a saying . now dont you think if i was gonna start trouble it would have followed get it on ???

its just a saying .

Last edited by *ASH*; 04-23-2013 at 15:39..
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 15:53   #8
RussP

Quote:
Russ , lighten up geexux your a mod here on glocktalk
I am not a moderator here in Civil Liberties Issues. A moderator is not allowed to have strong opinions, too?
Quote:
and you get into just as much mud slinging as any other posters because of your blind faith so give it a rest .
See, you negate any meaning the first part of your sentence might have with your insult of the second half.
Quote:
you ever here folks here say

ITS ON CUZZ

COOL STORY BRO

BAZINGA

LETS GET IT ON ???

it was used in a friggin joke form , . get a grip dude . i have not posted anything GETTING IT ON , roflmao
Context...
Quote:
but i am glad all the cop bs is moved out of GNG and trust me
I asked earlier for you to define "bs". Why won't you do that?
Quote:
I HAVE THANKED ERIC MANY TIMES FOR IT
The reason it is not there is the behavior of some who chose to wage battle against law enforcement in general and violate GT Rules and TOS when attacking other members. In return, LE GT members retaliated with violations of their own.

Had civil discussions been maintained, their would not be the problems. Some of the topics were general enough to be of interest to the broad membership base found in GNG. But, a few had to ruin it for all.

Now, why do you label discussions involving LE "bs"?

Old 04-23-2013, 16:19   #9
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

here is what i see,

the reason nothing cop related can be discussed in gng is because of both side period.

example someone post a thread about a dirty cop or cop killed someone or something to that effect .

1 then all the regular know it all leo come in and try to trash the thread with insults of their own , the video lies , some bs ,

2 the regular members jump in and retaliate . it happens 100% of time

same thing when cops post stuff,

cops have their own forum for a reason
civil liberities is here for a reason would that be a correct assumption??

you hardly ever see a member go to cop talk to incite, but plenty of them come to GNG .

and its because they are bored with their own forum plain and simple.

thats why cop threads are BS .

thats why they have their own forum and thats why im happy as hell ERIC finally cleaned out GNG .
Old 04-23-2013, 21:32   #10
RussP

Quote:
here is what i see,

the reason nothing cop related can be discussed in gng is because of both side period.

example someone post a thread about a dirty cop or cop killed someone or something to that effect .

1 then all the regular know it all leo come in and try to trash the thread with insults of their own , the video lies , some bs ,

2 the regular members jump in and retaliate . it happens 100% of time

same thing when cops post stuff,
Your words speak volumes about your prejudice, your bias.
Quote:
cops have their own forum for a reason
Quote:
Quote:
Here is a forum where LEO's can talk shop or issues concerning law enforcement or law enforcement officers can be posed.
There are two reasons, actually.
Quote:
  1. a forum where LEO's can talk shop;

2. issues concerning law enforcement or law enforcement officers can be posed.
  1. a forum where LEO's can talk shop;

• This one is easy. Members of the Law Enforcement family can get together and talk about general **** about the job without worrying about others coming in and pissing on every word they post.

2. issues concerning law enforcement or law enforcement officers can be posed.

• This one is easy to explain, difficult for some to comprehend.
    • Eric put it this way. It's a place where "for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground."

• You'd think something so simply stated would be easy to put into practice.
      • The problem is that for a lot of people who formerly came into Cop Talk, they had no intention whatsoever of creating common ground.
      • They would post a thread about a dirty cop or cop killed someone or something to that effect. Those generally are sensitive topics within LE even when presented respectfully.
      • But, they, like you did above, used language meant to insult, demean the LE members in Cop Talk.
      • Then when LE came back with equal or stronger language, they'd report those posts as rude and insulting.
That leads to your next point...
Quote:
civil liberities is here for a reason would that be a correct assumption??
Again, this is from Eric:
Quote:
Quote:
If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for.
The Forum description says:
Quote:
Quote:
The Civil Liberties forum was created for discussions of the civil liberties issues that affect us all. Please keep all discussions civil.
I emphasized that last sentence for a reason. You want to take a stab at what that reason might be?

Eric's statement and the Forum description are pretty clear as to the purpose for the Civil Liberties Issues Forum, aren't they?
Quote:
you hardly ever see a member go to cop talk to incite, but plenty of them come to GNG .
With few exceptions, the general forums are open to all members, but that is not what you mean.

There were times, especially the latter part of 2005, when plenty of non-LE members came into Cop Talk to start trouble. That seemed to be their purpose in life. They are the reason Eric issued his What This Forum Is Here For - Read This If You Post Here Policy. I do believe you are familiar with it.

It is true that few people come into Cop Talk to start trouble. Could be because others in the past have been banned from Cop Talk, some banned from Glock Talk for such behavior, or they just got tired of getting multiple Trolling Infractions.

That's when they started posting their cop bashing threads in GNG. That had its ebbs and flows, culminating with the ban notice in GNG. Still, some people try to push there luck and start threads there anyway in direct violation of policy.

But, to you and certain others, it isn't the fault of the people who start the threads. It is the fault of the LE GT members who come in to participate. Go figure...

But there are non-LE members who do actively participate, who come in to ask questions and discuss topics. They do not cause problems. Why do you believe some non-LE members can participate without problems and some cannot?
Quote:
and its because they are bored with their own forum plain and simple.
No, lots of GT members in LE participate, actively participate in GNG on a multitude of non-LE topics.

Do you find that objectionable?

So let me get this straight. You object to cops coming into GNG to participate in threads about law enforcement, their profession. Is that correct?
Quote:
thats why cop threads are BS .
You haven't answered, "What is it about threads involving cops is "bs"?" Give us some substantive reasons for them being "bs" other than you do not like them.

Do you believe a GT member is justified in defending themselves when attacked by another, or other members?
Quote:
thats why they have their own forum and thats why im happy as hell ERIC finally cleaned out GNG .
And I believe you are the one who has stated in the past that you do not have an "us versus them" attitude, right?

I enjoy these posts where you make your position so crystal clear for others to see.

Now, to close, let me quote again from Eric:
Quote:
Quote:
Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site. On the other hand, the problems here are not one-sided. I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior and many of you are in a job that has certainly taught you better.

Old 04-23-2013, 21:35   #11
RussP

Quote:
LEO members are doing the exact same BS ,name calling and mud slinging as any member on glocktalk . AND LIKE CF stated half of them state the wrong laws or dont even understand them lol

it matters not who one is . mud slinglers are mud slingers and yeah you fit the bill as well .

since all this bs is out GNG im happy as a pig in ......;P

and everytime i see it in GNG i report it
which is very cool because nobody comes to this forum much lol

have a good day .

and you can incite bait me all you want , not happening . you look for any excuse to power trip on someone . many many many members have said it ,know it , and reported it .

as for the get it on comment you took it wrong ,it happens as there was no basis or agenda for a saying . now dont you think if i was gonna start trouble it would have followed get it on ???

its just a saying .
You are following up on it with this little addendum to the earlier post.

Old 04-23-2013, 21:42   #12
NMG26

Is it that hard to move a thread?

Why not move them instead of locking them. Folks would get the message that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 22:22   #13
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

There is something to what G19G20 is saying. This forum is almost seems like the dirty backroom in a bookstore. I would actually prefer reading about civil liberties in GNG because you get more diverse opinions. Civil Liberties is the same old boring libertarians vs. police.

If you're looking at it from a business standpoint, then don't be so controlling. The best forums let the dynamics unfold. I never see any closed threads in libertarian forums. The cussing eventually gets sickening, so people cut it out. Even those big government, controlling pansies at DU allow profanity.

And hit-and-run propaganda? LOL. Instead of being conspiracy theorists, how about acting like businessmen? The simple psychology of human behavior and younger generations with shorter attention spans means thread interest dramatically falls off very quickly. Look also at simple things like website design. The fact that your display options defaults to last 10 days only means that people will come to Civil Liberties, see three threads, and never dig any deeper. They assume nothing is happening because your promotion was lacking and made activity invisible.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 22:30   #14
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
If your purpose is to "GET IT ON," with law enforcement, your life is going to be pretty miserable.
Oh boy, what are you going to do, give him a virtual disorderly conduct?

The financial life of GT is going to be pretty miserable unless you adopt a business model over your obsession model. Discussion forums are a dime-a-dozen. ARF.com is burying you guys the way Asian countries are burying the U.S., yet you continue to do chest thumping just like doofus Americans.
Old 04-23-2013, 22:32   #15
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

Russ, frankly you bore me . seriously why dont you bother someone else lol , im not gonna change any minds and you wont either so why keep on pushing lol . let it bro

i type out what i mean then you take it and make your own little meanings out of it . it gets old

and you said in 2005 folks bashed coptalk , well i was not here in 2005 duh .

what i said and what i think is there are leo members here who like to troll and incite

there are regular members who like troll or incite it goes bot ways just like i said in my other post.

the plain fact is ERIC made the right choice in not allowing COP TALK in GNG, for those LEO members who like to troll it bugs the hell out of them lol .

and when was the last time i posted any topic in GNG about leo , or bad cop does this or that ?? A LONGGGGGGGG TIME AGO

other posters start topics there for whatever reason which they shouldnt , nobody reads the sticky lol . read my sigline

and thats bout all i have to say on this matter. so use your little quotes , ask question with aquestion , whatever til your little heart is content . i follow the rules here and will continue . and you keep your bait shop open , im not buying

now im off to GNG , to quiet in here

Last edited by *ASH*; 04-23-2013 at 22:45..
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 22:32   #16
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
Is it that hard to move a thread?

Why not move them instead of locking them. Folks would get the message that way.

You think if people can't bother to read the stickies and don't get the rules they should be catered to because they have so much to offer?

Mnnnnn...NO. If their comprehension skills, or respect for the rules, are so low I'd rather not read their drivel. I applaud management for not lowering the bar so the functionally illiterate, or those who want to use another forum incorrectly to get attention for a thread to be moved aren't coddled.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 22:39   #17
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

If it's a thread worthy of input, I imagine most people don't care what forum it's in.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 22:42   #18
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
Oh boy, what are you going to do, give him a virtual disorderly conduct?

The financial life of GT is going to be pretty miserable unless you adopt a business model over your obsession model. Discussion forums are a dime-a-dozen. ARF.com is burying you guys the way Asian countries are burying the U.S., yet you continue to do chest thumping just like doofus Americans.
sorry i had to laugh at that ... funny
Old 04-23-2013, 22:57   #19
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
If it's a thread worthy of input, I imagine most people don't care what forum it's in.
That's the way I see it.
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 22:59   #20
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
sorry i had to laugh at that ... funny
Better watch out, he might taze you through your computer. It's that latest CIA technology. You log into your account, and hundreds of volts are transmitted through your keyboard.