SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2013, 18:46   #1
LeMat
Jellybaby?

G20 #3 Followers

Just dumb luck I had to run into the LGS today to use their bathroom and imagine my surprise when I actually saw brand new G20 mags on the shelf. At $27.00 apiece I couldn't pass up getting a couple.

Noticed that they have a #3 follower. I had not heard that a new follower was in the works.

I never had a problem with my #2's, but don't spend much time on here so maybe missed out on something. Anyone know what the deal is with the #3's?
The 10 Ring #1300
LeMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 18:54   #2
countrygun

Yah, they are a complete mistake and a failure. Don't try and take them out you have to destroy the mag.
Just pack them up and ship them to me and I will dispose of them safely. I wouldn't want you to have any problems with them.

No need to thank me, I'm just that kind of guy.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 19:19   #3
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Well, just my luck. Knew it couldn't last. Let me know your address and I'll get those right to ya. Free of course.

The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-22-2013, 19:51   #4
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMat View Post
Well, just my luck. Knew it couldn't last. Let me know your address and I'll get those right to ya. Free of course.

Of course free, I couldn't think of charging you a dime for my services. As a "Gun Samaritan" I do these things out of the kindness of my heart.

Old 04-22-2013, 19:57   #5
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Never heard of different followers. Care to explain, anyone?
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 20:21   #6
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Never heard of different followers. Care to explain, anyone?
Every so often Glock comes out with a redesigned follower for their different models. Years ago, there was a big whoopdedoo when they changed followers in the G19 mags. I don't even know what the current ones are anymore. #6 maybe?

I was just curious to know what the deal was with the new follower as the mags I got just last fall were #2's. Figure they changed over the winter sometime.

'Course, Glock does a lot of "upgrades" with no explanation. Since my #2's worked fine, I'm wondering what the reasoning was behind the redesign.
The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-22-2013, 20:24   #7
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Thanks. No idea which ones I have. Is it marked? I don't feel like emptying them.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 20:30   #8
countrygun

I have actually wondered about that myself. They seem to have come out with a series of "fixes" for things that weren't broke in the first place.
Old 04-22-2013, 20:30   #9
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Yeah, there'll be a number towards the front.

The 10 Ring
The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-22-2013, 20:33   #10
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Thing is, now my OCD is kickin' in and I either gotta find three #3's or two #2's!
The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31   #11
doverpack12

Just cuious what gun store that was? I live in western montana also.
doverpack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54   #12
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverpack12 View Post
Just cuious what gun store that was? I live in western montana also.
Sportsman Ski Haus up here in Kalispell. They had a bunch, a dozen or more.
The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10   #13
GRT45
Transform & Win

Interesting...the Glock Certified Armorers Parts Order Form (FRM-72-26, Rev 61) emailed to me from Smyrna on 3/11/2013 still lists only the #2 follower for all 10mm mags (SP 03948). By chance, are these Gen4 mags with the #3 follower?

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 04-23-2013 at 11:15..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23   #14
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
Interesting...the Glock Certified Armorers Parts Order Form (FRM-72-26, Rev 61) emailed to me from Smyrna on 3/11/2013 still lists only the #2 follower for all 10mm mags (SP 03948). By chance, are these Gen4 mags with the #3 follower?
They're not ambi mags and they have "1" at the bottom back near the floor plate. I'm not familiar with the gen 4 mags. What should I be looking for?
The 10 Ring #1300

Last edited by LeMat; 04-23-2013 at 11:25..
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31   #15
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMat View Post
I'm not familiar with the gen 4 mags. What should I be looking for?
Gen4 mags have a mag catch notch on both sides of the mag body to accommodate the reversible mag release in Gen4 pistols as shown on the far right below.

When you say your mags are not ambi, do you mean they lack the ambi mag catch notch at the center of the mag body? See below at center and far right for examples of ambi notch.

The very latest production runs of Gen4 mags have done away with the center notch for the ambi mag catch. It would make sense if they also have the new #3 follower.

The 10 Ring

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 04-23-2013 at 13:39..
Old 04-23-2013, 13:26   #16
LeMat
Jellybaby?

My mags look like the one on the left. No center notch and the notch only on one side.
The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-23-2013, 16:30   #17
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
The very latest production runs of Gen4 mags have done away with the center notch for the ambi mag catch. It would make sense if they also have the new #3 follower.
Actually I completely lied to you before. Just got home from work, took a look and they indeed have the notch on either side, but none in the middle. Guess they are the gen4.

Well, that answers that. Still curious to know what exactly was wrong with the #2's to warrant the change. Maybe we'll never know.
The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-23-2013, 16:32   #18
GRT45
Transform & Win

Well, that makes sense. Those are surely the latest production run of Gen4 mags. Dropping the center ambi notch is actually a big deal because it has been hanging around since early 2007 on mags where it never served any useful purpose (only the early G21SF uses it). To me, it signifies that Glock, Inc. has finally abandoned any thought of ever reviving the ill-fated ambidextrous mag release (good riddance).

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 04-28-2013 at 19:25..
Old 04-23-2013, 17:11   #19
LeMat
Jellybaby?

It definitely looks different than the #2. There is a rather large scalloped out divot on the right side and the center "partition" ridge that runs lengthwise is much more pronounced.

Also it says 10mm rather than 10.
The 10 Ring #1300
Old 04-23-2013, 17:19   #20
GRT45
Transform & Win

Ah, thanks for that info. Knowing the design of the #3 is markedly different has raised my interest and curiosity. I still have some 10mm mags with #1 followers that will soon need replacing.

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 04-23-2013 at 17:22..