Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:21   #1
dannyyates

should i send it back to lone wolf

I got this lone wolf 8.85'' slide. & a 6.61''barrel. & s/s giderod. With 24lb spring. In last sat, for my g20 sf. And wasnt to happy. When put it on my frame. It sounds like meatal to metal. I took it apart to look it over. It looks like they used a drimel or something. The barrel rubs them areas. I dont know to send it back. Or try and polshing it my self.just wonder if any other lone wolf owners had the same prob.Attachment 232977

Attachment 232978

Attachment 232979

Attachment 232980

Attachment 232981

Last edited by dannyyates; 10-16-2013 at 22:29..
dannyyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20   #2
dm1906
Retired SO

I'd send it back, without hesitation. You should receive what you pay for, and it isn't like these are bargain or discounted parts. They charge a premium and, normally, you get a premium product. Of course some will disagree, but LWD generally delivers a quality product. You could polish it, and it would probably be fine forever, but that's not what you paid for.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:52   #3
GRT45
Transform & Win

No doubt in my mind, you should send it back to Lone Wolf. The condition of the fit and finish is not acceptable. LWD should replace it or refund your money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 04-27-2013 at 17:45..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:37   #4
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Unacceptable, send it back.
The 10 Ring #1300
LeMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 13:55   #5
dannyyates

I agree

Yeah thats what im gonna do. Sucks waited for it to come off back order for bout 2 monts.i have it boxed up sending it first thing monday.the bare slide, barrel, s/s giderod, 24lb ism spring. Was $430.00 ill have well over 500 in it.Attachment 232995

Attachment 232996 so i dont think i need to be the one working on it.

Last edited by dannyyates; 10-16-2013 at 22:29..
Old 04-27-2013, 22:10   #6
Meathead9

Having owned both a G20L & a G20LS, my honest advice is to send it back for a refund (hopefully they're willing to do that for you). I don't feel like typing out a novel outlining all the problems my slides & barrels had, so if you want details, pm me your phone number and give you the run down over the phone.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:08   #7
oceanbob

To me it appears that a previous owner of that slide did the grinding and after that sent it back for a refund or new slide. I can't imagine Lone Wolf using a free-hand grinding tool in that area. More than likely this Slide is a returned item that got restocked and sent out as new.

I have to say that while LoneWolf has a good warranty/customer service policy, their Quality Control has fallen compared to previous years. I've seen some really poor 10MM barrels where the chamber support isn't any better than a stock Glock barrel. And to be fair, I've also seen some near perfect barrels from them. So my opinion is that LoneWolf is hit and miss. Sometimes good and sometimes you have to return the item.

As for barrels, unless I could sort thru the Barrel Bin in the LoneWolf Warehouse and hand pick a good one, or buy a used one from someone who could verify the smile area, go with KKM or Stormlake. I also own KKMs and Stormlakes and they were perfect right out of the box.

Good Luck.!
oceanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:36   #8
gofastman

Quote:
As for barrels, unless I could sort thru the Barrel Bin in the LoneWolf Warehouse and hand pick a good one, or buy a used one from someone who could verify the smile area, go with KKM or Stormlake. I also own KKMs and Stormlakes and they were perfect right out of the box.
I learned that the hard way from 2 LWD barrels.
the only reason I gave them a 2nd chance is because they were the only ones that made a 6" threaded barrel
Old 04-28-2013, 15:34   #9
ctious

Don't get the storm lake barrel. Not like they used to be. Opened them way up. Chamber support is hood yet. But the throats are way open now. Not a problem for jacketed. But cast is no good in them anymore. Lead bad cause you can not match the throat.
ctious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 15:56   #10
dannyyates

I sent them back monday see what they send me this time wish i didnt sell the factory slide and barrel now think ill load copple houndred rds for the 308 so can take the ar out
Old 05-03-2013, 10:49   #11
Jeffco

A friend of mine recently bought a LW longslide for his G20. Had stoppages and the slide felt "gritty" as hell. Did a little polishing and the stoppages were helped. The grittyness is caused by the recoil spring rubbing on the bottom of the barrel. He's going to get a few hundred more rounds through it to see if it smoothes out before sending it back.
Jeffco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:32   #12
PhotoFeller

I had a problem recently with a G19 slide assembly from LWD, but they took care of it quickly. They changed a spring to solve the problem and provided a detailed armorer report on everything they checked.

I predict your outcome will be favorable, but its still a pain in the rear.
PhotoFeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 20:30   #13
blastfact

I'm sorry to I had to see that crap on your new slide. There is no call or reason for them to send a slide out like that! None what so ever.

I shoot a 5.25" LW barrel in my G20 and one of there connectors. I took it upon myself to detail out there barrel and connector. But I had good base products to start with.

I have bought LW in the past and never have had a issue with there products and have enjoyed dealing with them online and at the BIG Tulsa gun show in the past when it was worth going to.

If it was me. I would have sent them those pics and made them pay shipping both ways! That slide should have never left there hand's!
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49   #14
dannyyates

Its been aweek sence sent back havent heard anything back from lone wolf yet i paid next day shipping with ins i know they had it sence last tuesday mabey hear something soon dont think ill buy anymore lone wolf items
Old 05-06-2013, 09:29   #15
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyyates View Post
Its been aweek sence sent back havent heard anything back from lone wolf yet i paid next day shipping with ins i know they had it sence last tuesday mabey hear something soon dont think ill buy anymore lone wolf items
Your case might be different from mine, but LWD told me up front that their armorer would not be able to examine my slide for about 10 days. Its a work load thing, and they were honest about the time line.

Check your e-mail from LWD for an estimate of time your job will take. They will get it done when they say they will. Or, call customer service for a status report. Your's isn't the only work on their plate.

My experience with LWD's customer service folks was very good.
PhotoFeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 18:26   #16
dannyyates

Well its been 5 weeks sence they got it back i got hold of lonewolf friday a arromer or what ever they are is going to get ahold of me monday i dont think i will buy anything else from them
Old 06-04-2013, 16:32   #17
The Pirate
HARRRRR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyyates View Post
Well its been 5 weeks sence they got it back i got hold of lonewolf friday a arromer or what ever they are is going to get ahold of me monday i dont think i will buy anything else from them

Hope it all works out for the best for ya. All the lone wolf talk lately has been pretty discouraging. I want a kit like you have pretty bad for my gen 3 20, but I'm pretty hesitant now.
If you don't mind, please post up the results when you get it back. Good luck.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32   #18
dannyyates

I got hold of them at lonewolf today all they can tell me is there working on it i dont know whats so hard just sending me one that isnt messed up ill will update soon as i get it hope wont be much longer
Old 06-11-2013, 09:20   #19
gofastman

I think its time to dispute the payment
Old 06-13-2013, 04:38   #20
dannyyates

I was told yesterday by lonewolf that is how all the slides come they wont send me a new one so they going to refound the money wasted 2 monts just to tell me that good job lone wolf glock makes a 8.85 slide looks like thats what im gonna try