GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 17:50   #1
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,561
Blog Entries: 1


U.S. Admits for First Time Drones Killed 4 Americans

U.S. Admits for First Time Drones Killed 4 Americans

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us...%2Findex.jsonp
-----------------------

They only meant to kill one of them.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 18:31   #2
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,344
Not a problem. The terrorist label had been officially hung on them. All legal and what-not.
__________________
BLM could, if it chose, seize anyone's land. They enforce their own actions....... similar to Holder investigating himself!
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 18:34   #3
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,836
They are terrorists engaged in warfare against the United States.
Smoke em!
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 20:55   #4
dukeblue91
Senior Member
 
dukeblue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
They are terrorists engaged in warfare against the United States.
Smoke em!
And yet the known killers and terrorists in Benghazi are running around free cause we need more evidence to trial them in civilian court in the USA.
Seems very strange to me and makes no sense what so ever.

It is okay to kill Americans without a trial but it's not okay to kill known foreign killers and terrorists.

Last edited by dukeblue91; 05-22-2013 at 20:55..
dukeblue91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 21:34   #5
evlbruce
Senior Member
 
evlbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
They are terrorists engaged in warfare against the United States.
Smoke em!
The VP has likened the Tea Party to terrorists. Are you welcoming a Hellfire through your front door?
__________________
Big Brother is Watching You.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:57   #6
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlbruce View Post

The VP has likened the Tea Party to terrorists. Are you welcoming a Hellfire through your front door?
The TEA party is not actively waging war against the United States, and Biden is not to be taken seriously.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:03   #7
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
And yet the known killers and terrorists in Benghazi are running around free cause we need more evidence to trial them in civilian court in the USA.
Seems very strange to me and makes no sense what so ever.

It is okay to kill Americans without a trial but it's not okay to kill known foreign killers and terrorists.

You are correct. We should have already launched drones against those involved in the Benghazi attack.

And it's not OK to kill Americans without a trial. Why you guys insist on coddling and protecting the enemy of this country is beyond me.

Their activities as combatants against the United States negates their American citizenship.

Quit giving the Islamic terrorists another legal shield to hide behind and wage war against this country.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:19   #8
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,344
Now that's the JB that I know! All the government he can get, with all the power it can wield! Unchecked power is so not tempting.
__________________
BLM could, if it chose, seize anyone's land. They enforce their own actions....... similar to Holder investigating himself!
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:07   #9
evlbruce
Senior Member
 
evlbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The TEA party is not actively waging war against the United States, and Biden is not to be taken seriously.
That's your opinion. Smiling Joe's opinion matters a great deal more than yours or mine given that he's a heart beat away from being president.

Joe Biden thinks you are an enemy of the state.
__________________
Big Brother is Watching You.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:39   #10
dukeblue91
Senior Member
 
dukeblue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
/Snip

And it's not OK to kill Americans without a trial. Why you guys insist on coddling and protecting the enemy of this country is beyond me.

/snip
I don't understand you JB.
On one hand you say it is not okay to kill americans without a trial and in the same breath you state it is okay

There is a reason we have a constitution and it affords rights to everyone not just a few weather you like their current view or not.
You can not pick and choose who is worthy and who is not or the whole idea of the constitution is null and void.

Todays hero or good citizens is tomorrows enemy of the state if there are no rules to go about this.
dukeblue91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05   #11
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
I can't see, from the article, if the Americans were the targets of the strikes or not.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:17   #12
dukeblue91
Senior Member
 
dukeblue91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I can't see, from the article, if the Americans were the targets of the strikes or not.
No from what I read in other places they are claiming that those other 3 where collateral damage of other people being targeted.
dukeblue91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:38   #13
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
No from what I read in other places they are claiming that those other 3 where collateral damage of other people being targeted.
How does that saying go?

You are blown (up) by the company you keep.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06   #14
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post

I don't understand you JB.
On one hand you say it is not okay to kill americans without a trial and in the same breath you state it is okay
.
That's because there's a BIG difference between an American citizen and a terrorist waging war against the United States who just happens to be an American citizen.

It's absurd to even put the two in the same category.
One has nothing to do with the other.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 20:11   #15
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
They are terrorists engaged in warfare against the United States.
Smoke em!
JB, how would you feel if Pakistan, Russia, or any foreign nation carried out drone strikes in America?
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 20:12   #16
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The TEA party is not actively waging war against the United States, and Biden is not to be taken seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
You are correct. We should have already launched drones against those involved in the Benghazi attack.

And it's not OK to kill Americans without a trial. Why you guys insist on coddling and protecting the enemy of this country is beyond me.

Their activities as combatants against the United States negates their American citizenship.

Quit giving the Islamic terrorists another legal shield to hide behind and wage war against this country.
You're like a broken switch, you can't make the connection.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 22:31   #17
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
JB, how would you feel if Pakistan, Russia, or any foreign nation carried out drone strikes in America?
Why is it you propose unrealistic scenarios?

We are one of the big kids on the block and we can do it.

Maybe you think like Obama and believe we should go around and apologize to every other Country for being who we are?

Maybe, like Obama, you think all the Countries in the world are equal.

Was the day he was first elected the first time you and Michelle both, were proud of your Country?

I see a lot of the liberal leaking out here.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:14   #18
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post

You're like a broken switch, you can't make the connection.
...and you're just the opposite, you see connections where there are none.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:41   #19
nmk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Why is it you propose unrealistic scenarios?

We are one of the big kids on the block and we can do it.

Maybe you think like Obama and believe we should go around and apologize to every other Country for being who we are?

Maybe, like Obama, you think all the Countries in the world are equal.

Was the day he was first elected the first time you and Michelle both, were proud of your Country?

I see a lot of the liberal leaking out here.
Bizarre.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:28   #20
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,002
Pop quiz: what do the killing of Americans, the IRS targeting of political opponents, and gun control have in common?
__________________
www.barbedwiresmile.wordpress.com

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:57   #21
Lowjiber
Senior Member
 
Lowjiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 941
If you're a terrorist, I'll kill you in a heartbeat and applaud anyone else who does. Period.
__________________
G'day and G'lock.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 14:57   #22
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
If you're a terrorist, I'll kill you in a heartbeat and applaud anyone else who does. Period.
That's a really high-bandwidth thought process you've got going on there. I mean, no way those controlling the gears of state could ever manipulate that? No pulling the walls over your eyes, Mr Period. Good news though is you fit right in here. Let me guess, aspiring cop? TSO?

The federal government thanks you, good citizen.
__________________
www.barbedwiresmile.wordpress.com

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 17:35   #23
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Pop quiz: what do the killing of Americans, the IRS targeting of political opponents, and gun control have in common?
I give up, what?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 17:46   #24
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al
 
ShallNotBeInfringed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NRA Benefactor Life Member Nebraska
Posts: 1,238
What year will most people finally realize upper level government types never tell the rest of us the truth?

Some of us will not figure it out till the drones are pointed towards us, then it will be too late.
__________________
19 21 Cutaways 19 19C 20 20SF 21 21C 23 23C 32 32C 22LR 460 Glock Armorer
Nebraska Concealed Carry Instructor, 32 years CC Experience1981-2013 Retired FFL1991-2001
NRA Benefactor Life NRA CRSO NRA instructor RSOi CPi PPITHi PPOTHi RTBAVi
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 17:59   #25
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
What year will most people finally realize upper level government types never tell the rest of us the truth?

Some of us will not figure it out till the drones are pointed towards us, then it will be too late.
Let's see here. We have trusted the Government with nuclear weapons, gas and nerve agents, artillery, planes of all shapes and kinds, Tomahawk missiles and others, small arms of the latest variety constantly, Sniper rifles that can ding a target from another time zone, and they haven't turned any of them on us yet but, all of a sudden ....OMG!!!!!! THEY"VE GOT DRONES......

.



The biggest technology in the hands of Government you should worry about is the ball-point pen.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:15.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,377
414 Members
963 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42