Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2013, 19:41   #21
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
Write that warranty for me and I'll be happy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Joshhtn; 06-10-2013 at 19:41..
Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 19:55   #22
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Write that warranty for me and I'll be happy!
It's a sub 300 handgun. Just buy another. I shot that much in ammo last weekend.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 20:08   #23
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
It's a sub 300 handgun. Just buy another. I shot that much in ammo last weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 06-10-2013, 20:09   #24
Floridave

I've run 30 rounds of BB +P through my LCP to test for function, and it's what I carry in it. I think the 100 gr hardcast FP is a great round for the 380. Makes the most of a marginal caliber.
Have 300 or so rounds of regular/cheapy ammo through that LCP also. Rails and everything else on the gun are fine.

Sent from my Droid tablet using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Floridave; 06-12-2013 at 04:16..
Floridave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40   #25
ddss33

I had one of the Buffalo Bore Barnes .380 +P rounds squib in my Kahr P380. Didn't fire a second round behind the lodged in the barrel round, thankfully.

The owner of Buffalo Bore told me flat out it was IMPOSSIBLE that one of his rounds would be a squib. He wanted me to sent the entire gun to him (on my dime), so he could check it out, and when i declined he was totally rude and dismissive. Yea, I'm done with Buffalo Bore.

Last edited by ddss33; 06-11-2013 at 13:08..
ddss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 18:58   #26
wrenrj1

I'll stick to the Ruger Manual. the pistol isn't that expensive, as you pointed out, however I prefer not to be on the back end when it decides to fail eb07. There's plenty of ammo choices out there other than BB.
Old 06-11-2013, 22:35   #27
Cole125
Silver Membership

I carry it in my P380. Loud as hell, and functions reliably.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:25   #28
unit1069

Quote:
I'll stick to the Ruger Manual. the pistol isn't that expensive, as you pointed out, however I prefer not to be on the back end when it decides to fail eb07. There's plenty of ammo choices out there other than BB.
I agree with you. There are Glocks, Sigs, H&Ks, etc ... that shoot any and all ammo without any problems. The danger is a person who owns a top quality firearm may be lulled into running "hot" ammo through a less-than-top-quality firearm that may result in compromising the design integrity that isn't readily apparent.

The fear of a catastrophic weapons failure during a potential life-or-death encounter isn't one I want, even if the odds might be low.
Old 06-12-2013, 13:51   #29
dkf

Quote:
Medical bills to repair a hand from a KB costs a lot more than $300.

I was going to run some of their 100gr std pressure hard cast until I got to fully develop my own 115gr and hardcast loads. But I decided to stick with the 90gr XTP until they are done. To buy enough boxes of BB to do a reliability test would be a waste for me at this point.

Last edited by dkf; 06-12-2013 at 13:53..
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 15:07   #30
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Medical bills to repair a hand from a KB costs a lot more than $300.

Can you document the related cases of buffalo bore users and KB's? How many people have shot buffalo bore compared to the ones who had a KB. How much did it cost? Can you cite some cases? I would like to know how real this new perceived threat is.

Last edited by eb07; 06-12-2013 at 15:07..
Old 06-12-2013, 18:32   #31
wrenrj1

Quote:
Can you document the related cases of buffalo bore users and KB's? How many people have shot buffalo bore compared to the ones who had a KB. How much did it cost? Can you cite some cases? I would like to know how real this new perceived threat is.
The Ruger manual says not to do it, that's good enough for me. You know that desiccant that you find in new clothes, electronics, etc. It says "DO NOT EAT" They don't keep stats on how many people actually read the warning and actually eat them. They assume people heed the warning and don't need stats to back up their claim...
Old 06-12-2013, 19:18   #32
dkf

Quote:
It has nothing to do with Buffalo Bore. It has to do with using max loads and in a gun not designed to shoot those max loads.(LCP) Both factors that greatly increase the chances of a KB. It is obvious you are clueless as to what harm has happened in past cases and can be done to the shooter when a gun KBs. Keep your head in the sand, some people are bright enough to know better.

Last edited by dkf; 06-12-2013 at 19:42..
Old 06-12-2013, 19:32   #33
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
The Ruger manual says not to do it, that's good enough for me. You know that desiccant that you find in new clothes, electronics, etc. It says "DO NOT EAT" They don't keep stats on how many people actually read the warning and actually eat them. They assume people heed the warning and don't need stats to back up their claim...
You're not supposed to eat those??

Old 06-12-2013, 20:07   #34
PocketProtector

Shoot BB Hard Cast thru my LCP, no issues, normal recoil and no damage to gun
Carry the HC and HP's staggered in the mag.
Old 06-12-2013, 20:10   #35
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
It has nothing to do with Buffalo Bore. It has to do with using max loads and in a gun not designed to shoot those max loads.(LCP) Both factors that greatly increase the chances of a KB. It is obvious you are clueless as to what harm has happened in past cases and can be done to the shooter when a gun KBs. Keep your head in the sand, some people are bright enough to know better.
Ahhh the old faithful follow the lawyers advice even though most loads today are watered down compared to days gone by defense. With some slight rage due to not having any data to support your wild claims. Throw in some intelligence posturing for a complete fail. Classic. Life is tough. Wear a helmet.

Last edited by eb07; 06-12-2013 at 20:12..
Old 06-12-2013, 20:27   #36
dkf

Quote:
Ahhh the old faithful follow the lawyers advice even though most loads today are watered down compared to days gone by defense. With some slight rage due to not having any data to support your wild claims. Throw in some intelligence posturing for a complete fail. Classic. Life is tough. Wear a helmet.
Read post #7.

http://rugerpistolforums.com/forums/...taingator.html

The guy at BB says his loads are around the 25k psi mark which is well over SAAMI specified max. Guess what happens if you get a slight out of battery fire, bullet setback, weak case, slight overcharge and etc? Then couple that with large unsupported area at the feed ramp and relatively loose chamber on the LCP.(not to mention how thick he chamber walls are)

It is obvious you have no remote idea what you are talking about. So stop trying to BS everyone into thinking you do. Your blathering is a dead giveaway.

Last edited by dkf; 06-12-2013 at 20:35..
Old 06-12-2013, 20:39   #37
RMM

Make sure they run well in your gun! They did not work well in my LCP, but it may have just been my box of bullets (see below story)

I bought a box of the BB 380 +P GDHP in 2009, never finished shooting them out of my LCP. About every other round would jam the pistol (failure to extract), even with a firm grip. The recoil was vicious. I quit after about 4 rounds. Went home and cleaned the pistol, tried 3-4 rounds another day. Same result. Up to that point I (and others) had shot about 400 rounds through this gun of various brands (Blazer, PMC, Tula, Winchester, Federal Hydrashok, Etc.) with NO malfunctions. Since then there has probably been another 200-300 rounds (i.e. the pistol functions well with normal ammunition).

I came to the conclusion that my batch of ammo was out of spec., after all my gun shoots everything else fine and many others report no problems with Buffalo Bore in their LCP. Sent a kind e-mail to Tim Sundles, who couldn't believe that it could possibly be his ammo. I exchanged a few more e-mails then decided to cut my losses.
Old 06-12-2013, 21:21   #38
2bgop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
I've heard... I've put a magazine of it through my LCP at the range for function, and that's all I really plan to run... Unless I need it.

I don't see a box worth of the stuff doing any damage to my gun.
Same here, I shot around 50 rounds of BB to make sure there were no issues and just carry it. I practice with American Eagle ball.
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 22:30   #39
CougarRed

The only Buffalo Bore 380 round guaranteed to penetrate reliably is the Flat Nose in hard cast or FMJ. 380 JHPs that expand don't meet the FBI minimum protocol for penetraton. For this reason, the owner of Buffalo Bore admits he uses flat nose rounds in his 380, and only sells JHPs in 380 because the public asks for it.

The beauty? Those flat nose loads penetrate in excess of FBI specs at standard pressure. You don't need +p with those rounds.

The answer seems obvious, doesn't it? Shoot standard pressure flat nose. It's good for your LCP. And it's the best self-defense option currently available.

Last edited by CougarRed; 06-12-2013 at 22:30..
CougarRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 22:34   #40
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarRed View Post
The only Buffalo Bore 380 round guaranteed to penetrate reliably is the Flat Nose in hard cast or FMJ. 380 JHPs that expand don't meet the FBI minimum protocol for penetraton. For this reason, the owner of Buffalo Bore admits he uses flat nose rounds in his 380, and only sells JHPs in 380 because the public asks for it.

The beauty? Those flat nose loads penetrate in excess of FBI specs at standard pressure. You don't need +p with those rounds.

The answer seems obvious, doesn't it? Shoot standard pressure flat nose. It's good for your LCP. And it's the best self-defense option currently available.
I'm not even going to touch what all is wrong with this post.