Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 12:45   #21
newgene

OP just basically deleted his entire account from Glocktalk. That is insane. If you look at his older posts, nearly everything has been deleted one by one. Judging by the time stamp, it took an hour or more of straight clicking.

Was there something in there we missed that he didn't want anyone to see? This thread gets more and more bizarre by the minute. Heck, I thought the website, tds-us.com, may have actually been a legitimate ammo site. Was he deleting his references to that? Oh well, no biggie.

At a minimum, this is just odd.

*Edit: Ok, I figured it out. Every google search I did of bobdat and TDS came back with a bunch of crosslinks. So, yes, bobdat is possibly affiliated with TDS. He would therefore be lying every time he posts something that says, "I am not affiliated with them." And I honestly will say I would hope nobody buys from a company that uses that type of tactic.

Here's a few..
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335904
(above is same as google cache; I posted the cache because I'm sure that post will magically delete, too.)

Here's another "random guy" names Jeremysdad plugging them with the same non-affiliated line as bobdat:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ammo-ca...code-sale.html

And above all, here is bobdat supposedly being "quoted" right on the TDS website:
AMMO FACTS – NO RUMORS!
By BOBDAT

ATK, a Honeywell spinoff from the early ‘90’s, is a publicly-traded, six-billion-dollar-per-year, Department of Defense supplier (DoD).

They have an exclusive contract with the U.S. Army to run the Lake City Arsenal small arms ammunition manufacturing plant (reputed to be the world’s largest) and to operate the Radford Arsenal, which is the exclusive supplier of TNT.

http://blog.tacticaldefensesolutions...no-rumour.aspx

There's a bunch more weird links between various user accounts, the TDS folks, and our buddy from this thread. Too many to dig. This was all just a few quick google searches.

What a shady tactic.

Last edited by newgene; 06-16-2013 at 20:00..
Old 06-16-2013, 13:08   #22
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgene View Post
OP just basically deleted his entire account from Glocktalk. That is insane. If you look at his older posts, nearly everything has been deleted one by one. Judging by the time stamp, it took an hour or more of straight clicking.

Was there something in there we missed that he didn't want anyone to see? This thread gets more and more bizarre by the minute. Heck, I thought the website, tds-us.com, may have actually been a legitimate ammo site. Was he deleting his references to that? Oh well, no biggie.

At a minimum, this is just odd.
Now he will sign up again with a new user name and start over being a knob.

Last edited by WinterWizard; 06-16-2013 at 16:57..
Old 06-16-2013, 13:16   #23
Jakestir

Boy that escalated quickly.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 06-16-2013, 13:25   #24
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Give it time. It will come back down to a sane price. Patience is a virtue.

Yes, it will come back.......but not at a sane price as ammo/component makers have seen a superb opportunity to slide in a big (approx. 15% - 20%) price hike at the jobber/dealer level during this mess. They too know as well that this will end and that the general public will act like drunken sailors on shore leave with their money when availability at a retail level comes back.

As of now, a widow with a lead mine trumps one with a liquor store.
Old 06-16-2013, 14:32   #25
bobdat

June 16, 2013 16:30 EDT
Attention: newgene

You have called me a d-bag (your shorthand for "deuschbag"), said I was "lying", called me a "spammer", suggested my comments are "insane", all in print in a public forum (LIBEL & SLANDER LAWSUIT) and you made malicious and unfounded accusations that MAY have cost me lost profits (UNSPECIFIED PUNITIVE DAMAGES) because selling ammo is my business which, you have already maliciously and falsely publicly interfered with in this forum (LIBEL, SLANDER, TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE WITH BUSINESS CONDUCT). Furthermore, you have INTERNET-STALKED me with the sole purpose of further harassing me, libeling and slandering me and maliciously interfering with my business. THAT is a Federal CRIME which is punishable by fine and imprisonment, if prosecuted. Yes, I know the law and I WILL use it against you if you persist.

If you think that you can hide behind an avatar and a screen name in this forum and make malicious and unfounded allegations about your IMAGINED AND UNFOUNDED connection of me to TDS you are sadly mistaken! From the moment I file my lawsuit against you, the owners of this forum will be under court order to disclose your registration and verification information to my attorney AND, your internet service provider will be under the same court order to disclose your true identity and service address to my attorney. You have NO ANONIMITY except that which you imagine and hide behind here as you falsely and malisciously impugn my reputation and tortiously interfere with my business conduct.

YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED OF MY DEMAND that you immediately and permanently cease and desist all hereinbefore described unlawful acts, including Internet Stalking, Libel, Slander, Tortious Interference with Business Conduct and, any and all other unlawful acts against me whether or not yet discovered.

Signed: BobDat

Last edited by bobdat; 06-16-2013 at 14:34..
Old 06-16-2013, 14:36   #26
Jakestir

Is this real life?

Old 06-16-2013, 14:37   #27
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdat View Post

You have called me a d-bag (your shorthand for "deuschbag"), said I was "lying", called me a "spammer", suggested my comments are "insane", all in print in a public forum (LIBEL & SLANDER LAWSUIT) and you made malicious and unfounded accusations that MAY have cost me lost profits (UNSPECIFIED PUNITIVE DAMAGES) because selling ammo is my business which, you have already maliciously and falsely publicly interfered with in this forum (LIBEL, SLANDER, TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE WITH BUSINESS CONDUCT). Furthermore, you have INTERNET-STALKED me with the sole purpose of further harassing me, libeling and slandering me and maliciously interfering with my business. THAT is a Federal CRIME which is punishable by fine and imprisonment, if prosecuted. Yes, I know the law and I WILL use it against you if you persist.

If you think that you can hide behind an avatar and a screen name in this forum and make malicious and unfounded allegations about your IMAGINED AND UNFOUNDED connection of me to TDS you are sadly mistaken! From the moment I file my lawsuit against you, the owners of this forum will be under court order to disclose your registration and verification information to my attorney AND, your internet service provider will be under the same court order to disclose your true identity and service address to my attorney. You have NO ANONIMITY except that which you imagine and hide behind here as you falsely and malisciously impugn my reputation and tortiously interfere with my business conduct.

YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED OF MY DEMAND that you immediately and permanently cease and desist all hereinbefore described unlawful acts, including Internet Stalking, Libel, Slander, Tortious Interference with Business Conduct and, any and all other unlawful acts against me whether or not yet discovered.

Well maybe more than one or two screws loose.
Old 06-16-2013, 14:46   #28
newgene

Epic thread...
Old 06-16-2013, 15:01   #29
newgene

So, which business is losing all this revenue? The one you don't claim to be apart of or the one we don't even know the name of? Come on, dude. Just stop.
Old 06-16-2013, 15:40   #30
clarkz71

Well this is.............. interesting......
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 06-16-2013, 16:59   #31
WinterWizard

Quote:

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 17:33   #32
Stephenthesuave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
Well this is.............. interesting......
I'm in.

Should you really make legal threats like that them sign with your user name? Seems official.
Old 06-16-2013, 18:28   #33
Gaston Glock

Quote:

Wow, sociopath much? What a loser...
Old 06-16-2013, 18:33   #34
Gaston Glock

Quick, everyone pile on...lets go for a class action lawsuit
Old 06-16-2013, 18:38   #35
Jakestir

This can't be real

Old 06-16-2013, 19:09   #36
bobdat

June 16, 2013 21:15 EDT
Glock Talk Thread http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1491183&page=2

For the information of those who sympathize and encourage further unlawful acts or actions be committed by "newgene" herein, I offer you the following facts:

Because you have also been duly noticed that there is an impending lawsuit against "newgene" as a result of his committing unlawful acts and actionable offenses against myself, any further malicious and disparaging comments that you post or unlawful actions that you undertake or unlawful actions that you encourage others to undertake will establish the legal sufficiency for your enjoinment to the lawsuit as "accessories".

The law applies to everyone equally, and no one has the right to make "anonymous" libelous, slanderous statements about a private person in a public forum, especially and particularly where such unlawful or actionable offenses may harm a person's livelihood. You may think this is all a big joke or bluff or cheap entertainment but, I can assure you that the unlawful and malicious conduct in this thread will not go unchallenged by me.

So, you can think about these additional factors while you chuckle...

In a lawsuit such as that which I have outlined herein, the court requires the forum owners and the internet service providers to release all pertinent information about those who may be named in the suit so as to establish their true identity, after which they are served notice of their being sued. If the lawsuit is successful and a court rules in favor of the plaintiff, me, then the court will order the defendants, you, to provide detailed statements as to your wages, savings, equity in real estate and investments, autos and other assets you may own, so as to award damages and to collect such damages through garnishment of wages; seizure of liquid assets; and, court-ordered auction of other assets which the defendants may own, so as to collect any judgment amount, court costs and attorney fees.

Legal process is not a pretty picture, especially if you are a loser in a lawsuit such as the one I am referring to.

Ask yourselves a question: Is it really worth all that expense and risk simply to bully, stalk, harass, libel, slander, disparage and demean a fellow Glock Talker who you disagree with?

You shall see...

Old 06-16-2013, 19:16   #37
Gaston Glock

Quote:
June 16, 2013 21:15 EDT
Glock Talk Thread http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1491183&page=2

For the information of those who sympathize and encourage further unlawful acts or actions be committed by "newgene" herein, I offer you the following facts:

Because you have also been duly noticed that there is an impending lawsuit against "newgene" as a result of his committing unlawful acts and actionable offenses against myself, any further malicious and disparaging comments that you post or unlawful actions that you undertake or unlawful actions that you encourage others to undertake will establish the legal sufficiency for your enjoinment to the lawsuit as "accessories".

The law applies to everyone equally, and no one has the right to make "anonymous" libelous, slanderous statements about a private person in a public forum, especially and particularly where such unlawful or actionable offenses may harm a person's livelihood. You may think this is all a big joke or bluff or cheap entertainment but, I can assure you that the unlawful and malicious conduct in this thread will not go unchallenged by me.

So, you can think about these additional factors while you chuckle...

In a lawsuit such as that which I have outlined herein, the court requires the forum owners and the internet service providers to release all pertinent information about those who may be named in the suit so as to establish their true identity, after which they are served notice of their being sued. If the lawsuit is successful and a court rules in favor of the plaintiff, me, then the court will order the defendants, you, to provide detailed statements as to your wages, savings, equity in real estate and investments, autos and other assets you may own, so as to award damages and to collect such damages through garnishment of wages; seizure of liquid assets; and, court-ordered auction of other assets which the defendants may own, so as to collect any judgment amount, court costs and attorney fees.

Legal process is not a pretty picture, especially if you are a loser in a lawsuit such as the one I am referring to.

Ask yourselves a question: Is it really worth all that expense and risk simply to bully, stalk, harass, libel, slander, disparage and demean a fellow Glock Talker who you disagree with?

You shall see...

Internet Perry Mason.....?
Old 06-16-2013, 19:33   #38
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Glock View Post
Internet Perry Mason.....?
Internet Charles Manson would my guess.
Old 06-16-2013, 19:39   #39
Jakestir

This may help.

What is defamation, libel and slander?

Whether you are the victim of internet defamation or being wrongfully accused of internet defamation, you need to understand the law. In order for a comment, post or article to constitute internet libel, the following elements must typically be met:

1. The first thing you must prove is that the statement constitutes a false statement of fact. A fact is different than an opinion. A fact can be proven true or false. Opinions are typically not actionable as defamation.

2. The false statement of fact must harm your reputation. There are many false statements posted across the internet. In order to constitute libel, a statement must not only be false but must harm you or your company’s reputation and cause harm.

3. The false statement of fact causing harm must be made without adequate due diligence or research into the truthfulness of the statement. Alternatively, plaintiffs often attempt to prove that the false statement of fact was made with full knowledge of its falsity.

4. If the person who is the subject of the false statement of fact is a celebrity or public official, the plaintiff must also prove “malice.” Malice is proven when the person posting the information on the internet intended to do harm or acted with reckless disregard of the truth in making the statements.

There is often confusion about the differences between defamation, libel and slander. In many ways, courts treat defamation on the internet similar to off-line defamation. But there are differences which you need to understand when the false statements are made on-line.

1. Defamation: An unprivileged false statement of fact which tends to harm the reputation of a person or company. This is a catch-all term for both libel and slander.

2. Libel: Defamation which is written such as on a web site. Most on-line defamation occurs through libel by posting a web page, comment, bulletin board post, review, rating or blog post.

3. Slander: Defamation that is spoken such as through an transcribed video, podcast or audio file.

Old 06-16-2013, 19:42   #40
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
This may help.

What is defamation, libel and slander?

Whether you are the victim of internet defamation or being wrongfully accused of internet defamation, you need to understand the law. In order for a comment, post or article to constitute internet libel, the following elements must typically be met:

1. The first thing you must prove is that the statement constitutes a false statement of fact. A fact is different than an opinion. A fact can be proven true or false. Opinions are typically not actionable as defamation.

2. The false statement of fact must harm your reputation. There are many false statements posted across the internet. In order to constitute libel, a statement must not only be false but must harm you or your company’s reputation and cause harm.

3. The false statement of fact causing harm must be made without adequate due diligence or research into the truthfulness of the statement. Alternatively, plaintiffs often attempt to prove that the false statement of fact was made with full knowledge of its falsity.

4. If the person who is the subject of the false statement of fact is a celebrity or public official, the plaintiff must also prove “malice.” Malice is proven when the person posting the information on the internet intended to do harm or acted with reckless disregard of the truth in making the statements.

There is often confusion about the differences between defamation, libel and slander. In many ways, courts treat defamation on the internet similar to off-line defamation. But there are differences which you need to understand when the false statements are made on-line.

1. Defamation: An unprivileged false statement of fact which tends to harm the reputation of a person or company. This is a catch-all term for both libel and slander.

2. Libel: Defamation which is written such as on a web site. Most on-line defamation occurs through libel by posting a web page, comment, bulletin board post, review, rating or blog post.

3. Slander: Defamation that is spoken such as through an transcribed video, podcast or audio file.

Don't even try to teach this guy what real law is. I am guessing he won't care.

Closed Thread