Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:43   #376
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Zimmerman went looking for trouble, he wrote is own nightmare. He sought after the situation that he then created.

As far as how the trial will go......do not believe it will end well for Zimmerman.
Zimmerman was doing his job. He was asked to watch the neighborhood and saw something suspicious. He did not know at the time Martin was African American, Caucasion, or Martian at this time. He was following him to provide a location for ACTUAL POLICE OFFICERS to question him. He AGREED by saying "Ok."AND DID stop pursuit when the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that."

He was then attacked MAKING HIM A VICTIM. He was mounted HAVING HIS HEAD POUNDED ON THE SIDEWALK calling for help. Pavement in this situation is easily a deadly weapon and what Martin was doing (beating his head on the ground) was easily assault even through the eyes of Ray Charles or Helen Keller. This has been proven already. Sanford police even substantiated it by not arresting him until the public outcry and pressure from true racists like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton demanded it.

For those that still don't understand:

DEADLY WEAPON + ASSAULT = ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON

ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON + VICTIM WITH FIREARM = PERFECTLY LEGAL BAD DAY FOR THE ASSAILANT

Zimmerman being on trial is simply because his assailant who he legally shot was African American and he is not. This is nothing more than another case of reverse racism where in this case, the state of Florida is bending over backwards to appease the angry community so they can avoid being called racist in a strictly political move. If Martin were of ANY other ethnicity, this would not be happening right now and we likely would have never heard of it in the first place unless HerrGlock found an obscure article as he almost always does.

Last edited by Roger1079; 06-25-2013 at 13:19..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00   #377
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
Listening to the judge and prosecution today, this is painful. I'm starting to have my doubts if zimmerman will be found innocent.
State NEEDS a conviction and Nelson is fully onboard with that goal. Even a biased judge and a malicious prosecution has to convince the jury. If the jury is smart enough to see what is being done, and it's a big if, Zimmerman may yet walk free.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:08   #378
frank4570
Feral human

I've lost my link to watch the trial live. Could somebody please post one?

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09   #379
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
State NEEDS a conviction and Nelson is fully onboard with that goal. Even a biased judge and a malicious prosecution has to convince the jury. If the jury is smart enough to see what is being done, and it's a big if, Zimmerman may yet walk free.
The ineptitude of his attorneys up to this point combined by the judge and prosecution definitely leave him in bad shape. I would almost want to fire my attorney and ask for a public defender at this point.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13   #380
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid

Quote:
So much for a fair trial......

If he is found guilty, couldn't they appeal this?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:18   #381
AN-HERO
Invader

Breaking News: Paula Deen is now a juror. lol
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19   #382
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Not debating everything that went wrong.
I do agree with some of your assessment, simply stating, he went looking for what he got. It is very well known that he considered himself a self-appointed neighborhood watch, he was the one and only member of that neighborhood watch.

Lived in Florida for 15 of the last 18 years...I do know the laws.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19   #383
SteelLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Also the State has sealed and hid Trayvon's school records. This is at the core of this case. Those records likely show a teen out of control, who spent just a fraction of his last two semesters in class and the majority of it under suspension, and was forced to change high schools. By keeping this information secret, they are protecting a program that has enabled the Miami-Dade police department to claim crime at the public high schools has been drastically reduced. They use the Baker Act (part of HIPPA) to turn incidents of violence into healthcare-related incidents involving the school's psychologist.

The State was literally afraid of being sued over this, because they allowed a kid to get in progressively more trouble without actually doing anything about it. The stolen jewelry is just the tip of the iceberg. This information will come out, a few people are making that happen as I type this.
Hope the facts on this do come out, either way. Anyone can become an innocent victim, but some reports claim he had a history, and in this case there is a dispute about who was the attacker. The jury wasn't there, so it's basically a case of "who do they believe". Character matters. That makes history relevant, in my view.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32   #384
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self-Defense Only View Post
I followed you up until you came up with a rediculous conclusion. Neither of us thinks Z is guilty. From there, you digress. ...
From me, you received a small "eye's up" smilie for the content of your post, amnd frankly, I stand by my emoticon assessment of it's worth.

As for the other poster, he stated (paraphrased) that Z was guilty of being a wannabe Cop but not murder, which is based on a total misunderstanding and or ignorance of what Z actually said during his hours long interrogation by the Sanford PD. Bottom line, he stated Z was guilty, but not of murder, which intimates he may be inclined to agree with something along the lines of manslaughter charge. I'll wait for a response from him/her as I may be off as far as his/her disposition on the M & Z event is concerned.

In the meantime, on to the rest of your self-centered diatribe:

Quote:
... Think about how human behavior works. If Martin approached Zimmerman, thinking "Z" was following him (Martin), Zimmerman reaches into his pocket (probably to put his hand on his gun), Martin thinks he's going to pull a gun, and punches Zimmerman, gets on him and bangs his head on the concrete. That makes Martin the aggressor. Zimmerman fires in self defense, while he's getting the crap beat out of him. To me, that scenario makes perfect sense, from a human reaction standpoint. ...
Aye carumba...

Quote:
... What's wrong with looking at the facts through that lens???
The law and legal system does not bode well for anyone when you utilize, as facts, such huge "IF's" and or what someone THINKs may have occurred.

I've read what you've written, maybe you should read it over as yet again you base your thought process(es), concerning this event, on facts NEVER in evidence and therefore your whole premise relies solely on some dreamed up "what if" scenarios as well as what you personally think may have happened.

What you think is moot at this point and I for one am glad you're not sitting in this jury pool.

-PW
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 06-25-2013 at 08:41..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32   #385
Anon1

Quote:
...It is very well known that he considered himself a self-appointed neighborhood watch, he was the one and only member of that neighborhood watch.
Nope! A woman from the police dept. that is in charge of helping communities setup watches is is testifying right now.

She testified, under oath, that it was the neighborhood association that asked Zimmerman to be on the watch. She also went out and trained the watch on laws, procedures, best practices, etc.

So, it was not just Zimmerman that did this on his own.

add: now she testified that there were 20 to 25 people at the neighborhood watch meeting.

Last edited by Anon1; 06-25-2013 at 08:36..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:33   #386
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
I do agree with some of your assessment, simply stating, he went looking for what he got. It is very well known that he considered himself a self-appointed neighborhood watch, he was the one and only member of that neighborhood watch.

In my neighborhood, everybody is the neighborhood watch. I don't really see why you believe people should be actually beaten for helping each other.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 06-25-2013, 08:36   #387
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Favuzza View Post
Breaking News: Paula Deen is now a juror. lol
Off topic, but have you read the transcript of her deposition? I'm a white guy, but seriously, there was nothing in it to warrant all of the hub-hub lately.

Me thinks "the machine" is at work to bring down Paula due to bubba's shortcomings as an adult and a man, which should help with the amount of the settlement the plaintiff will receive.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 06-25-2013 at 08:38..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:42   #388
AN-HERO
Invader

I must admit that I'm not too invested in the Paula Deen fiasco. I found it kinda funny. I do think she screwed herself by telling the truth... something celebs rarely do.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:42   #389
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
In my neighborhood, everybody is the neighborhood watch. I don't really see why... people should be actually beaten for helping each other.
My G-d frank, mark the calendar, we actually agree on something.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 06-25-2013 at 09:12..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46   #390
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
In my neighborhood, everybody is the neighborhood watch. I don't really see why you believe people should be actually beaten for helping each other.
Typical troll **** from you........produce a post where i said that!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:55   #391
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Quote:

Maybe well known but it's not true. He was asked to be Neighborhood Watch coordinator by his neighbors and the NW was set up with the police. The initial NW meeting, with the police representative, there were some 25 participants There were no patrols by anyone. Neighbors willing to participate were instructed to call Zimmerman, as the NW Liaison, and he would pass on to police their concerns.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:01   #392
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
That's rediculous to think Zimmerman is screwed because the jury is all women, just like it would be to think that if the jury was all men. It just means the prosecution and the defense will both tailor their arguments toward the way women thing instead of the way men think.
Especially with the knowledge that (I believe) all the women are now or have been gun owners. I think that is a positive point for Zimmerman. One of the ladies even having been a CCW holder

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:05   #393
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
Or why you shouldn't legally shoot an African American person in self defense if you aren't of the same descent, PERIOD. Had this been a Caucasian on Caucasian, Hispanic on Hispanic, Caucasian on Hispanic, or African American on African American shooting, this story would have gotten maybe a one liner in the newspaper and a 30 second spot on the local news ONCE. The nation would have never even know that Trayvon Martin existed, much less was shot by someone.

This trial disgusts me simply because it is solely racially motivated. In ANY other racial context it would have been dismissed as self defense and been forgotten about, but because the person killed was African American and the shooter was Latin American, it must be a hate crime and the ASSAULTED PERSON must be prosecuted as such.

I will have the biggest smile ever on my face when Zimmerman is acquitted of this. Unfortunately found innocent or not, this tragedy will follow him for the rest of his life. He is worse off than a registered sex offender at this point regardless of the outcome at trial.
The black panthers continue to have a "Wanted, dead" listing on his head. One person posted (I can't remember where) that zimmerman will be dead either at the hands of someone in prison after being found guilty or by the hands of someone wanting to collect the bounty on his head posted by the black panthers.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06   #394
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I've lost my link to watch the trial live. Could somebody please post one?

http://www.clickorlando.com/

WP

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06   #395
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Maybe well known but it's not true. He was asked to be Neighborhood Watch coordinator by his neighbors and the NW was set up with the police. The initial NW meeting, with the police representative, there were some 25 participants There were no patrols by anyone. Neighbors willing to participate were instructed to call Zimmerman, as the NW Liaison, and he would pass on to police their concerns.
Not only that, the NW was formed after a home invasion in the complex, where two AA males came to the front door of a woman's home, and she saw them out of her upstairs window and locked herself and her kids in her upstairs bedroom when they came around the back and broke in her sliding glass door.

They then came upstairs while she was on the phone and jiggled the doorknob.

The cops got there late, knocked on the front door, and the perps bolted out the back and, of course, got away.

These a-holes always get away.

Last edited by Cybercowboy; 06-25-2013 at 09:06..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:07   #396
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Oh, and as far as George being a "wannbe cop", he was actually offered the position of volunteer police officer (uniform, car with lights, probably extra flashlights, and everything!) and turned it down.

I'm going MMA-style on the next person who calls him a vigilante or wannabe cop.

Last edited by Cybercowboy; 06-25-2013 at 09:15..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:12   #397
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

And one final note, just to repeat. The NEN (non-emergency 911) operator testified that he didn't even know George was in a car (or truck) when he talked with him. He therefore never ordered him to remain in his vehicle. How many times have we heard the following?

"He was a wannabe cop who was told to stay in his car and not confront the kid but he disobeyed a direct order from a police officer and got out and ran him down."

Every time I read a version of this, I know the person who wrote it is incredibly stupid. I mean like blindingly, amazingly stupid. We're talking Dumb and Dumber here.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19   #398
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Especially with the knowledge that (I believe) all the women are now or have been gun owners. I think that is a positive point for Zimmerman. One of the ladies even having been a CCW holder
It may or may not be based on all the CCW holders and gun owner's 'fact less' rhetoric being witnessed thus far on the net and especially this thread. I'm guarded as to what it will lend to Z's defense.

This event has really shown the difference between certain gun owners' understanding of real life self-defense values and other gun owners' purely cognitive paradigm of what self-defense values should be.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 06-25-2013 at 09:22..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19   #399
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Typical troll **** from you........produce a post where i said that!
" he went looking for what he got."

He looked at Martin. And for that he was punched and got his head bounced off the sidewalk.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:21   #400
WarCry

Quote:

You might know some points of law, but you're missing several points of fact in this case.

If Zimmerman is "self-appointed", can you explain why the homeowners' association handbook (like their welcome-packet) says if you notice anything suspicious, to contact the police, and THEN CONTACT ZIMMERMAN in his role as Watch Commander so he stays current on what's going on in the neighborhood?
Closed Thread