seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Don't be jealous, just go away.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31   #22
awoodpd13

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Yeah, I figured the haters would jump in.

If you don't like it go piss in someone else's thread.

If there was a bill to be signed for everyone to be exempt I would push that just as hard.

But there isen't.

That's life.

Deal with it.

I gave 20 years of my life, my health, and my family time to the NYPD and the people of the city of New York. I've EARNED every single perk and exemption I receive, hundreds of times over.

It you haven't that's just tough.
Brav-OOOOOO!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:33   #23
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
LOL

Hard to breathe up there on that high horse?

"Yes for me, but not for thee", the motto of enforcers everywhere.
The only difficulty breathing I experience is from the 40% of my lung capacity lost during the four months I spent digging at the WTC site.

Other than that I breathe just fine, thank you.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:33   #24
blueiron

Just remember this...

They are eroding your professional privileges and rights in NY, NJ, and in the Northeast. How long is it going to be before the very same thing happens in Arizona, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming? Austin is already full of leftists and they multiply like herpes sores during ladies night at the local watering hole. Arizona is filling up with the CA emigre liberal scum, just as Texas, Utah, and Wyoming are.

Stop living in a static dream and realize that the Left wants ALL police officers disarmed of ALL firearms, just like the citizenry. Why do you think there is such a push for a less-lethal/non-lethal device? It isn't because they want you to 'have another tool in your toolbox'!

I had to look up the zip code to Rochester, but the call is in. Yeah, it's lying... but to quote Machiavelli and Lenin - "the ends justify the means".
Old 06-22-2013, 11:36   #25
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArcher View Post
Explain why a RETIRED LEO should be restricted less than a retired factory worker.
Training

Life experience

Sound judgement under stress

A track record of making life and death decisions

Maturity

Knowledge of all applicable state statutes

A track record of risking one's life to save and protect others
Old 06-22-2013, 11:37   #26
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Just remember this...

They are eroding your professional privileges and rights in NY, NJ, and in the Northeast. How long is it going to be before the very same thing happens in Arizona, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming? Austin is already full of leftists and they multiply like herpes sores during ladies night at the local watering hole. Arizona is filling up with the CA emigre liberal scum, just as Texas, Utah, and Wyoming are.

Stop living in a static dream and realize that the Left wants ALL police officers disarmed of ALL firearms, just like the citizenry. Why do you think there is such a push for a less-lethal/non-lethal device? It isn't because they want you to 'have another tool in your toolbox'!

I had to look up the zip code to Rochester, but the call is in. Yeah, it's lying... but to quote Machiavelli and Lenin - "the ends justify the means".

Thank you, brother!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:40   #27
rockapede

Quote:
Explain why a RETIRED LEO should be restricted less than a retired factory worker.

Call up the gov and say NO.

The retired LEO's should support the rights of all.
nevermind....

-Edward Conlon

Last edited by rockapede; 06-22-2013 at 11:44..
Old 06-22-2013, 11:40   #28
awoodpd13

Quote:
Training

Life experience

Maturity

And that training must continue, at least annually, even following retirement to remain covered under the Federal LEOSA. Very few individuals retired from other fields maintain such a training schedule regarding firearms and use of deadly force...

Last edited by awoodpd13; 06-22-2013 at 11:42..
Old 06-22-2013, 11:44   #29
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Just shot my yearly LEOSA qual last week. Course included training on recent legal changes in this and other states.

Learning never ends.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:44   #30
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcop761 View Post

Serve for a minimum of ten years and then you'll be covered by the LEOSA in 18 USC 926C as a retired officer.

Good luck. You have a lot of work ahead.
I did not see the 10 year requirement in the USC.

But, I did see this; (a) Not withstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any political subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified retired law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection

Not much a benefit, unless unless there are separate laws, in a specific subdivision, for retired LEO vs other retired people. I believe all laws should be applied equally to all people.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:46   #31
awoodpd13

Quote:
I did not see the 10 year requirement in the USC.

But, I did see this; (a) Not withstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any political subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified retired law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection

Not much a benefit, unless unless there are separate laws, in a specific subdivision, for retired LEO vs other retired people. I believe all laws should be applied equally to all people.

From Wiki:

In 2010, LEOSA was amended by the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act Improvements Act of 2010[2], which specifically extended coverage to include law enforcement officers of the Amtrak Police, Federal Reserve Police, and law enforcement officers of the executive branch of the Federal Government.[2] The provisions for disqualification on mental health grounds and the provisions regarding qualifications to carry a firearm were amended, and the number of aggregate years for retired officers was reduced from fifteen to ten.[2]

Last edited by awoodpd13; 06-22-2013 at 11:47..
Old 06-22-2013, 11:46   #32
xArcher

Quote:
Don't be jealous, just go away.

I'm not jealous. Just looking forward at the big picture.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:47   #33
blueiron

Quote:
Training

Life experience

Maturity

You forgot one, so I'll add it in here...

We sacrificed for 20+ years protecting the factory workers and all the others who wouldn't do the dirty work that society demands be done.

The exact same logic applies to the Army infantryman or the Marine rifleman who spends the same amount of time or more, willing to experience and suffer unimaginable crap for the unable, the unwilling, and the ungrateful. It is why they get educational benefits and healthcare for life. They earned it.

If that bothers the bullies of GNG, feel free to go enlist or apply, then show us how its done.

Last edited by blueiron; 06-22-2013 at 11:48..
Old 06-22-2013, 11:49   #34
xArcher

Quote:
The only difficulty breathing I experience is from the 40% of my lung capacity lost during the four months I spent digging at the WTC site.

Other than that I breathe just fine, thank you.
I'll bet you a beer you smoke or smoked.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:51   #35
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
I'll bet you a beer you smoke or smoked.
Never smoked a day in my life. You can keep the beer because I don't drink beer either.

Nice try.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:52   #36
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoodpd13 View Post
From Wiki:

In 2010, LEOSA was amended by the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act Improvements Act of 2010[2], which specifically extended coverage to include law enforcement officers of the Amtrak Police, Federal Reserve Police, and law enforcement officers of the executive branch of the Federal Government.[2] The provisions for disqualification on mental health grounds and the provisions regarding qualifications to carry a firearm were amended, and the number of aggregate years for retired officers was reduced from fifteen to ten.[2]
Got it ....
Old 06-22-2013, 11:57   #37
blueiron

Demanding equal outcomes for all! You sound just like Obama.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:02   #38
xArcher

Quote:
Never smoked a day in my life. You can keep the beer because I don't drink beer either.

Nice try.
Please do not classify me as HATER. I just want gun rights for all, in all states and governmental subdivisions.

I do not currently smoke, quit 10 years ago. I wish you a long life and thanks for your service.

As for the beer. If you want PM me your mailing address, I'll mail you $10.00 for the "beer".

I think we are both trying to defend / increase our right to bear arms. I just have a problem with different rights for different folks.

---- Corrected a spelling error

Last edited by xArcher; 06-22-2013 at 12:05..
Old 06-22-2013, 12:11   #39
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

I fight for EVERYONE'S Second Amendment rights at all times. Would you pass up a shot at improvements in your rights because others were excluded? Honestly? Well if so then you are a better man than I.

In my eyes EVERY piece of the egregious SAFE act that is chipped away is a victory for all. The ultimate goal is to have the whole thing rescinded.
Old 06-22-2013, 13:21   #40
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:

Call up the gov and say NO.

The retired LEO's should support the rights of all.
No one asked you either way. Thanks for stopping by. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Closed Thread