Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 13:24   #41
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
Agreed.

You want to live in a two-class society, move to Russia.

We're all Americans, or we're not.

I'm willing to hoist the Rigid Digit to anyone that favors this.

Divide and conquer, a communist tactic approved by most anyone not on the dirty end of the lollipop.
Yes, this is America.

In Washington DC and every state capital, county seat and town/city hall, there are special interest groups and lobbyists. They all thrive because this is America.

These special interest groups and lobbyists work for a select group of people. When the NRA lobbies in Washington for 2A issues, they're not thinking about how to save you and me some money for Obamacare.

When big oil lobbies in your state capital, they're not lobbying about your 2A rights.

When teachers lobby their state representatives for raises, they're not lobbying for highway infrastructure improvements so the construction industry can have more construction jobs.

And so on and so on and so on.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Old 06-22-2013, 13:24   #42
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Done.

Best of luck.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 06-22-2013, 13:24   #43
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Popcorn is ready! Who wants a bowl?

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 06-22-2013, 13:26   #44
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArcher View Post
I believe all laws should be applied equally to all people.
All laws aren't applied evenly to all people, because there are exemptions within some laws.

The military gets to use missiles, doctors can practice medicine, lawyers can argue in court, and cops can carry guns in places everyone else can't.

Get over it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 06-22-2013 at 15:50..
Old 06-22-2013, 13:34   #45
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
You forgot one, so I'll add it in here...

We sacrificed for 20+ years protecting the factory workers and all the others who wouldn't do the dirty work that society demands be done.

The exact same logic applies to the Army infantryman or the Marine rifleman who spends the same amount of time or more, willing to experience and suffer unimaginable crap for the unable, the unwilling, and the ungrateful. It is why they get educational benefits and healthcare for life. They earned it.

If that bothers the bullies of GNG, feel free to go enlist or apply, then show us how its done.
There it is, in spades. Also, as Sean said, our mission should be to chip away at this BS any way we can. And, as our friend from Texas said, and I mean no disrespect, I have no intention of ever setting foot in a heavily Communist state again, and I also make every reasonable effort not to send any business to such a state.

God help this country.

Last edited by Vigilant; 06-22-2013 at 13:35..
Old 06-22-2013, 13:50   #46
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Demanding equal outcomes for all! You sound just like Obama.
It's the education system that has failed and it shows up in every part of the political spectrum. As children they are taught to believe all outcomes should be "fair".

Occupy Wall Street = "I have a degree in art history and nobody has offered me a 120K/yr job. It's not fair"

Conservatives= "Somebody gets to have more ammo in their gun. It's not fair"

Teenagers= "How come I have to be home at 11:00 . Other kids get to stay out 'till after midnight. It's not fair"

Somebody needs to start teaching the facts. You have the right to pursue happiness there are no guarantees about getting it.

This all just plays into the politics of envy. A great way for liberal policies to be slipped into any party if you can get the people to buy the false premise about "fairness" .
Old 06-22-2013, 13:57   #47
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
I believe all laws should be applied equally to all people.
In fact, military and uniformed (usually first responders) have less 1A rights than the general public. Not to mention stricter employment standards that can cause you to be fired; mandatory drug testing at any random time. The list goes on where their rights are more restricted.

Old 06-22-2013, 14:22   #48
ChiefWPD

Sean, I'm a bit dubious about this purported ''exemption''. I read what ''may'' be how the modification works. Seems kind of conviluted and I'm simply not sure who it's going to impact.

Can you clarify the bottom line a bit?

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 14:59   #49
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
In my eyes EVERY piece of the egregious SAFE act that is chipped away is a victory for all. The ultimate goal is to have the whole thing rescinded.
I understand your point and plan and concur with the ultimate goal. But I'd rather the SAFE act and similar acts be rescinded in total, not piece by piece.

United we stand divided we fall.
Old 06-22-2013, 15:16   #50
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
cops can carry guns in places everyone else can't.

Get over it.

Why should cops (retired cops) have more privileges than any other retired person? If they are not felons .....
Old 06-22-2013, 15:26   #51
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWPD View Post
Sean, I'm a bit dubious about this purported ''exemption''. I read what ''may'' be how the modification works. Seems kind of conviluted and I'm simply not sure who it's going to impact.

Can you clarify the bottom line a bit?

Thanks!

Chief;

Your post made me read the pending bill. It is not as broad as I was originally lead to believe. It only exempts retired NYS LEO's from the ammunition limitation and only for duty weapons that they qualified with while active with their agency. It also provides for having to qualify with such weapons every three years.

The bill is a pig with lipstick on it.

My apologies for putting forth an inaccurate statement of its' exemption coverage. This bill does nothing for out of state retirees coming into NY.

Sorry. I will edit the original description.

Last edited by seanmac45; 06-22-2013 at 15:34..
Old 06-22-2013, 15:27   #52
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Why should cops (retired cops) have more privileges than any other retired person? If they are not felons .....
Read the preamble or legislative intent of this law (or any law) to understand why it was introduced.

Whether you agree with the stated intent, or not, is another matter.

Old 06-22-2013, 15:37   #53
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
In fact, military and uniformed (usually first responders) have less 1A rights than the general public. Not to mention stricter employment standards that can cause you to be fired; mandatory drug testing at any random time. The list goes on where their rights are more restricted.
Been there done that, still applies. Conditions of employment. Served in the USN. Our ship was specifically targeted twice. The bad guys were splashed, by an other ship's assets. It is stressful knowing that your ship is the target / bait.

Currently work for company and had to pass a drug test before the first interview. Random tests are the norm.

Pre-employment and follow up screenings are common in the civilian work place.

The crew feared the drug sniffing dogs. Copter from the carrier .................. O-stuf .... got to move my stash.
Old 06-22-2013, 15:45   #54
ChiefWPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Chief;

Your post made me read the pending bill. It is not as broad as I was originally lead to believe. It only exempts retired NYS LEO's from the ammunition limitation and only for duty weapons that they qualified with while active with their agency. It also provides for having to qualify with such weapons every three years.

The bill is a pig with lipstick on it.

My apologies for putting forth an inaccurate statement of its' exemption coverage. This bill does nothing for out of state retirees coming into NY.

Sorry. I will edit the original description.
Sean, bill kinda sucks......
Old 06-22-2013, 15:47   #55
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Yeah, I am very PO'ed at myself for having put forth an erroneous description of it. I relied on the info I got from a phone call this morning.

It was stupid of me to not read the actual bill prior to posting.

Again, my apologies.
Old 06-22-2013, 15:49   #56
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
All laws aren't applied evenly to all people, because there are exemptions within some laws.
Laws are not applied evenly????????????????????????

If this is the case we are doomed.
Old 06-22-2013, 15:49   #57
ChiefWPD

On the other hand, once in place it could be modified...
Old 06-22-2013, 15:54   #58
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Why do doctors get to operate on people? I want to operate on people. I think if be really good at it, but I'm not LICENSED, so if I get caught operating on someone without a license, I would be put in prison.

That's not fair. I really want to operate on someone, and I think that I'm just as capable as any doctor.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 06-22-2013, 15:56   #59
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Laws are not applied evenly????????????????????????

If this is the case we are doomed.
Why don't you try looking at my entire post.

If you can't understand my point, I can't explain it to you.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Last edited by txleapd; 06-22-2013 at 15:59..
Old 06-22-2013, 15:57   #60
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWPD View Post
On the other hand, once in place it could be modified...

If it is bad, do not pass it and try to modify it latter.

Just say no.

Closed Thread