Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 19:27   #81
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
Respectfully,definitely not a hater of LE, and I've breezed the threads since I posted and thank you for your service. I am a retired Army National Guard NCO of 21+ years but did not have a shot fired at me during my tenure, doesn't mean I was in the crosshairs. I stood up if needed and did what was asked of me.

If you believe your perk is to have an extended magazine to protect yourself just because you are a LEO is BS, Sorry, no hater as you were quick to imply.
Thank you for your service.

In your situation, are you eligible for medical care at your VA hospital, local military PX, etc... ?

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 06-22-2013 at 19:31..
Old 06-22-2013, 19:45   #82
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

I live 1/4 mile away from a military base. Their gas station is right inside the main gate and is consistently 20 cents per gallon less than what I pay on my side of the fence. Do I ***** and moan and cry "unfair"? No, not at all. I never served in the military and therefore don't qualify for that perk.

I see retirees go through the gate, shop in the PX, gas up and use the pool all the time. Do I scream "ENTITLEMENT!!!!!"? No, I acknowledge the FACT that they served and I didn't. I wish them well with the realization that their life choices and sacrifices made in response to the promises Uncle Sam made to them render them privileged to enjoy those benefits and rightfully so.

It's called life, and I don't spend my time whining about what others have. I'm too busy enjoying the fruits of my labor and spending time with my family.

Last edited by seanmac45; 06-22-2013 at 19:47..
Old 06-22-2013, 19:58   #83
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntrpr View Post
I don't think I'm better than anyone else. But to come here to CT and ***** at us, probably the most pro 2A group of cops around, is just silly. Classic if I can't have it, nobody else should either. Childish.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
I live 1/4 mile away from a military base. Their gas station is right inside the main gate and is consistently 20 cents per gallon less than what I pay on my side of the fence. Do I ***** and moan and cry "unfair"? No, not at all. I never served in the military and therefore don't qualify for that perk.

I see retirees go through the gate, shop in the PX, gas up and use the pool all the time. Do I scream "ENTITLEMENT!!!!!"? No, I acknowledge the FACT that they served and I didn't. I wish them well with the realization that their life choices and sacrifices made in response to the promises Uncle Sam made to them render them privileged to enjoy those benefits and rightfully so.

It's called life, and I don't spend my time whining about what others have. I'm too busy enjoying the fruits of my labor and spending time with my family.
And this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 06-22-2013, 20:01   #84
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

If you have a CHL you get to buy guns without the instant background check. Cops can't do that.

That's not fair.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 06-22-2013, 20:05   #85
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
I am a retired Army National Guard NCO of 21+ years but did not have a shot fired at me during my tenure, doesn't mean I was in the crosshairs. I stood up if needed and did what was asked of me.

If you believe your perk is to have an extended magazine to protect yourself just because you are a LEO is BS, Sorry, no hater as you were quick to imply.
In addition to the PX privileges noted above, where I'm at, many LEOs with the same military service history as you (served but never shot at) are entitled to take off on July 4, Memorial Day and Veterans Day because of their service.

You'll agree they're not entitled to these days off, right?

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Old 06-22-2013, 20:08   #86
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Astronauts get to go into space. I want to go into space.

That's not fair.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 06-22-2013, 20:11   #87
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

This is why I rarely stray out of Cop Talk. Every swinging dick in the place knows what we do, how we do it and THEY could do a better job of it. They resent the fact that we made life choices that engender certain benefits when they did not. They look down upon us, call us civil servants, state they pay our salaries and view us with derision. It boosts their egos to think of us as GED holding neanderthals who live to trounce on their constitutional rights due to our subhuman intellects.

Yet they sleep under the cloak of safety that our actions and sacrifices provide. They belittle our profession, minimize our contributions to society and then have the temerity to complain that they don't get treated the same as we do. I try to stay in Cop Talk, but they insist on coming in here and spreading their small minded, pathetic, whiny drivel about law enforcement and the job that we do.

Wouldn't it be great if CT was a vetted membership only part of the sight? But that wouldn't be FAIR, would it.
Old 06-22-2013, 20:35   #88
Patchman
Florist

I would respectfully disagree.

Leave CT open, as it is now. Let the handful of band members from the USS TitanticallyAntiLEO and their pet monkeys who post here shoot themselves in the foot. GT's silent majority are smart enough to know who's who and what's what!

Old 06-22-2013, 20:43   #89
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Should've used an emoticon. I was attempting sarcasm with that line.

We have some good guys in here, absolutely.

But sometimes the whiners do get on my nerves.

Last edited by seanmac45; 06-22-2013 at 20:52..
Old 06-22-2013, 20:51   #90
Ohio Copper

Clancy, in your union job how many people did you send to the state penitentiary? How many threats have been made against your life for the sole reason of you doing your job?

There is a difference; guys like you refuse to see it and scream preferential treatment when these topics come up.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 06-22-2013, 20:59   #91
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
OK, thanks for your service. So do you qualify for VA hospital, PX and all those bennies?
No.

I change career paths for family reasons. I was a "4.0 sailor". Made O-3 in less than 3 years.
Old 06-22-2013, 21:00   #92
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
But sometimes the whiners do get on my nerves.
Your notification to appear at CCRB is on the way!

Old 06-22-2013, 21:03   #93
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArcher View Post
No.

I change career paths for family reasons. I was a "4.0 sailor". Made O-3 in less than 3 years.
Then the good news is that any LEO's career path similar to your military career path would also not be eligible for the exemption.

Happy now?

Last edited by Patchman; 06-22-2013 at 21:09..
Old 06-22-2013, 21:07   #94
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
No one asked you either way. Thanks for stopping by. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Do not feed the trolls.
Old 06-22-2013, 21:12   #95
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Your notification to appear at CCRB is on the way!

You know, the first thing that occurred to me upon awakening the morning after I submitted my papers was that the following initials no longer had a hold on me;

IAB

CCRB

FIAU

OEEO

It was like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders!
Old 06-22-2013, 21:18   #96
blueiron
Clown move, bro

It's hilarious to listen to a Navy Zero whinge about equality. Were you so magnanimous to the sailors in your division?

Bastard! - TBO
Old 06-22-2013, 21:21   #97
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xArcher View Post
Do not feed the trolls.
You never addressed my other posts... Specifically about CHL holders getting to skip the instant background check.

That's not fair is it? They are exempt from the same law that applies to the rest of us. Why aren't you complaining about that?

What makes CHL holders so special? Why do they get to do something the rest of us don't?

I'll hang up and listen...

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Last edited by txleapd; 06-22-2013 at 21:21..
Old 06-22-2013, 21:23   #98
xArcher

Quote:
You make me laugh. Anything that anyone else has that YOU don't is "an entitlement".

I said it before and I will say it again.

I EARNED everything I have, pension, right to carry a concealed weapon and any other friggin' thing that comes with them the FIRST time I was shot at.

The next four times just increased my determination to live long enough to collect on the STATE LEGISLATED GUARANTEED PENSION that was part of the agreement when I signed up.

You don't like it? Pound sand, pal.

The City of New York has to pay me for the rest of my life and provide full health benefits. These things I earned with my blood, sweat and tears, with NO apologies to you or anyone like you.
I do not disagree. Contractual terms of employment.

But why should your magazine be bigger than mine?
Old 06-22-2013, 21:28   #99
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
You never addressed my other posts... Specifically about CHL holders getting to skip the instant background check.

That's not fair is it? They are exempt from the same law that applies to the rest of us. Why aren't you complaining about that?

What makes CHL holders so special? Why do they get to do something the rest of us don't?

I'll hang up and listen...

I had three weeks of training on firearms in the academy, five full days of just manipulation, handling and dry firing.
Carrying a weapon is a huge responsibility and some of these flunkies....it's just scary.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 06-22-2013, 21:33   #100
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post

You could answer the question.

Should everyone in the County be able to use the hospital facilities if a retired doctor is allowed to ?
I know nothing of this specific case.

The doctor is a potential source of revenue for the business (hospital).

Many of the others in the county that want to use the hospital create unfunded expenses.

Closed Thread